“Sunday birthday dinner.”
Review of Sparth House Hotel

Sparth House Hotel
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful meal at Sparth House for a birthday dinner. The choice on the menu was wide and catered for all tastes. The atmosphere was relaxing and enjoyable, the recent revamp in decor made for nice surroundings. The food was served nice and hot and very well presented and tasted delicious each course was enjoyed by all. The staff were welcoming, helpful and friendly. Top points all round! Definitely will return again!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Jennywren1987
Sparth House H, Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your lovely review and we are delighted to hear you will be returning.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Another fantastic night at Sparth House, Food was excellent as always and we danced the night away to the resident Dj. The staff at Sparth House are fantastic always so friendly and cannot do enough for you. We will be back again very soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Many thanks for taking time to write your review, I am delighted to hear your Daughters party was a success.

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel undergone a recent refurbishment and the result is stylish and fresh. The breakfast was superb with excellent choice. The staff are friendly and helpful.
A bit more attention to detail is needed with dusting as the shelves in the wardrobe were too dusty to put clothes on and one of the bedside lamps didn't have a bulb in it.
The grounds are extensive and the patio area would be lovely on a warm sunny summer's evening.
It is near the Leeds Liverpool Canal so would be handy for anyone having a cycling break along that stretch.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sparthhouse H, Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Many thanks for taking time to write you review and I hope you received your letter in the post form myself. As mentioned in your letter we value all feedback negative or positive and will look into your comments that have been made.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Myself and my family visit this hotel regular for family functions and Sunday lunches and we love the place. It is currently undergoing some renovation work which is nice to see but have to be honest its the staff that make this place and that's why we always return. The food is always good and the staff are very accommodating as my wife has dietary needs but still always leaves enjoying her meal. I am sure the new decor will look lovely when its finished but we loved the Sparth as it was anyway and will keep returning regularly. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: The staff are a credit to this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit to us once again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

My husband and I popped into Sparth House after a disastrous meeting elsewhere for a wedding venue. We spoke to Julie who could not have been more lovely! I went from panicking we had no venue to falling in love with Sparth. Julie and Lesley-Ann were absolutely fantastic through the whole planning process and on the day Lesley-Ann made me feel like I owned the place, she just couldn't do enough for myself and the everyone else. The staff were fantastic and good banter, and the food simply amazing. I never heard of one complaint and we held the wedding there all day, everyone had a fabulous time and we simply couldn't have had such a great day without Lesley-Ann and Julie plus all their wonderful staff. Thank you again!!!

Some of my guests also stayed here during the wedding weekend as well as my new husband and I and again absolutely no faults, the bedrooms/bathrooms were spotless and the breakfast was again delicious.

Really have no negative things to say about this place and would definitely recommend it for a venue, some place to stay or just for a nice meal out.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Sparthhouse H, General Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments and I am are delighted your Wedding day at Sparth House was perfect for you. Don't forget to visit us when you return to the UK :)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

My sister and l took our mother for a three course meal this evening at Sparth House.
It's a few years since my last visit and the new owner (a very nice chap)!has started to renovate and decorate throughout and from what we saw it is very classy.
The meal was delicious, the service excellent and I would whole hearted lay recommend it to anyone looking for that touch of class and ambience.
We will be going again!

Stayed: March 2014

Many thanks for your lovely review and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Mother's Day visit. Mother's Day 2014 was a huge success for us this year and we are hoping this will continue. Hope to see you next year.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed at the Sparth House a year or so ago and then again the other Saturday night. It’s already clear to see the new owners have taken a hold of the hotel and are raising all the standards. The room we stayed in was pristine clean with bed sheets that made getting out of bed the next morning very difficult!
The staff were friendly and attentive, trying to make our stay the best it could be. I really like the initial changes to the hotel especially in the bar area, the whole place looks like it has a new leash of life. We also had Sunday dinner which was scrumptious, one of those meals you want to eat over and over.

I really great hotel, already looking to book our next stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alice G

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your return visit and that you have noticed our improvements since the change of ownership . We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton-le-Moors
Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Gisburn
Millstone at Mellor
Millstone at Mellor
#2 of 4 in Blackburn

Been to Sparth House Hotel? Share your experiences!