“new years eve 2012”
Review of Brook House Hotel

Brook House Hotel
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our family New Years Eve celebrations at The Brook House Hotel, we enjoyed a 4 course dinner, food and service excellent, staff very attentive, Our party of 6 was amongst a room of approx 80 people, we were all supplied with crackers, party hats and party poppers, so there was a great party atmosphere from start to finish, The party night started at 7.00 pm, we were seated and dinner served immediately, The D.J. introduced himself and started playing party songs approx halfway through dinner, the male vocalist did an hours spot of singing older type songs, he was an excellent singer and had a good rapport with the audience and young and old alike were joining in, then the D.J. took over and played songs till 1.0 am working his way through the decades from 60's till present day, the timing of countdown to midnight was spot on, we all enjoyed the party poppers. We thought this evening was excellent value for money at £37.50 per adult and £20 per child, we were delighted to be able to include our 9yr old son in our celebrations at this venue, we felt it was a safe environment for him, he felt comfortable and relaxed with all the people and staff. We had the added bonus of booking two family rooms including breakfast, the cost of these were very reasonable and although we are quite local and could have booked a taxi home, it just made the whole event that bit more special. We arrived at 4.00 pm and enjoyed getting ready/chilling/drinking in the hotel before everything started, breakfast was 9.30am and checkout 10.30am which was all fine for us. Would highly recommend and will definitely be visiting again very soon for one of thier renowned tribute nights.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather P
There are newer reviews for Brook House Hotel

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Stay here for the one night following our wedding (June 2012). Could not have been better. Many thanks to all staff, Claire, Pete etc, at the hotel who saw everything right in every way. Nothing too much trouble. A big thank you. Wish we could do it all again, we wouldn't change a thing. PS Fiver Friday to be highly recommended!! Ask Pete for his special recipe meals!! He can cook anything yum yum!! C & K, see you soon.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol D
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I had a really pleasant stay the staff were really friendly and could not do enough to make your stay enjoyable.Food was very good . My room was comfortable and spotlessly clean.I would definitly stay again.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 18 which was a very large room very quiet.Lovely comfortable bed
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank debbie_clarke61
Reviewed 15 October 2012

i have stayed here on many occasions the rooms are dated but very clean and of an excellent size the staff are most helpful the food is very good the functions that we have attended have all been as good and better than some other establishments that have cost a great deal more and i would not hesitate to recommend the brook house to any one

Room Tip: if you smoke ask for a smoking room
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I attended my friend's mature ladies hen party on the 13th October. The food was appalling, cold roast beef with hard potatoes and Luke warm gravy. The desserts were served with no cream, ice cream or custard, when the staff were asked about this, the reply was "did you ask for it?" The chef appeared and advised that "if the potatoes were hard, it's just the way they are at the moment, I will talk to Macro on Monday about this!" The cabaret act was a terrible let down indeed.

I will not be returning and as a local to the areas this is very disappointing indeed.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank L R
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Great and welcoming hotel.the staff peter and claire make the hotel a wonderful place to stay.breakfast very nice but the evening meal could be better but altogether a great hotel.car parking is great motorway near.you also have asda down the road.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Well what can I say absolutely amazing, I contacted brook house hotel a couple of months before my wedding, as my venue had let me down with very little notice, the staff were absolutely amazing, as im sure you can imagine I was mortified by being let down so they calmed me down, helped me get excited again, we ended up booking the whole hotel for guests and they all said how helpful and and accommodating the staff were, they made the day so special and I will be eternally grateful to them all so thank you to all the staff at brook house hotel and keep up the good work xx

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton-le-Woods
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland
Farington Lodge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Farington
Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club

Been to Brook House Hotel? Share your experiences!