“The ultimate Sausage Experience”
Review of Cowmans

Cowmans
Ranked #2 of 17 Shopping in Clitheroe
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We've bought sausages from here on and off over many years, so thought we'd call in. Managed to limit the spend to only three types - Pork and Chestnut, Thick Plain Pork, and Pork and Choco Nut. Yeah, I know! That's what I thought too, but they cook these little beggars, chop them up and put them in dishes on the counter! You have to try them....
So I did, and they was loverly!!! There must be well over 30 different types of sausages available, so go and try some- you know it make sense!!!

All reviews
in 21 reviews
"apricot"
"castle"

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Seen this little gem in a guide at a lodge we stayed in nearby in gusburn so decided to have a look for it on the way to the train station. So glad we did never seen so many different sausages in my life. Came back with some morrocan and honey sausages mmmmm very nice

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't suggest you come here if you don't like sausages, that's my only caveat. If, like me, you do, then Cowmans is a shop like no other and possibly the next best thing to paradise!

They have dozens and dozens of varieties. Finest quality meats are combined with all sorts of natural products to create flavours to suit the fussiest connoisseur. Personally, I think they're all scrumptious! Just try not to dwell too much on the calories. But we can all sin occasionally, can't we...?

1  Thank Howi58
Reviewed 26 November 2013

A fine sausage/butchers placed in the very centre of this lovely market town. Closed Sundays. They sell ALL types of mixed sausage resipes to suit ALL tastes.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 November 2013

When ever you are in or around Clitheroe a trip to Cowmans is a must.Buy from a wide selection of homemade sausages,you'll not be disappointed with the selection ! All my children have flown the nest but they make sure we take them a variety of sausages when ever we visit.