“Decent curry”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Came for a meal with my boyfriend for what we wanted to be a romantic meal. Were greeted pleasantly and offered drinks, and ordered before being sat at a table, which I found a little uncomfortable, though not too bad.

It has recently been redone inside, which was very nice and looked great. We ordered two starters to share which were lovely, then two chicken madras's, which were lovely if a touch on the hot side! We were then brought over a free drink as an apperitif, which was a nice surprise.

It was a bit quiet inside for a saturday night which seemed strange. The only off putting thing about the restaurant was there was two other couples who seemed to go a lot and the owners knew, which made us feel a bit undervalued perhaps?

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I have been visiting this restaurant over the last three years. The staff are always welcoming and provide good service. There are always plenty of choices on the menu including traditional dishes such as chicken tikka masala to the tasty chicken Peri Peri. I also recommend visiting the restaurant on a Sunday for the buffet which is approximately £9 and there are several courses. Highly recommend :)

1  Thank Yesmiss16
Reviewed 13 June 2013

A rare night just the two of us and we arrived around 10.45pm ish on a sat eve. extremely polite staff, we waited a small while in a small bar area with our drinks whilst we ordered and awaited a table. Husband ordered tandoori chicken, I ordered chicken curry medium, with additions........It was wonderful, tasty and a free vegetable curry as a compliment, the portions were very generous Staff couldn't do enough to please, it was reasonably quiet for a sat eve, They were expecting more to arrive around midnight. Cannot fault taste or service and price reasonable. will look forward to going again

Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Dined as a couple we had a lovely meal. The restaurant was busy but we were not hurried. Service was polite and attentive but not overly so. Will certainly recommend Dilraj.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Im sure this place has its moments but whenever I order it's always a big miss. The food is tasteless, bland to an extent and I wasn't too impressed with the service either, to be honest with you I thought the chap taking my order was rather rude in the way he conducted himself. Needless to say I will not return anytime soon.