“Excellent food and Service”
Review of Dilraj

Dilraj
Ranked #68 of 142 Restaurants in Clitheroe
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 November 2013

With a new frontage, and modern interior, we decided to give the Dilraj a visit. Though fairly quiet on a Tuesday night in November, there is a good variety of traditional dishes plus a range of interesting house specials. Overall the food is very reasonably priced, fresh and good sized portions. Including a round of beers, starter and main course each plus nan breads, it worked out about £20 a head. For starter we had mixed kebabs and prawn puris which were served with a salad garnish and a yoghurt sauce. For main courses we had a mix of curries from chicken rogan ghosh, chicken biryani, lamb vindaloo and chicken special. The nan breads and the mushroom rice which accompanied were excellent. The best thing about the restaurant was the service which I thought was friendly and first class. Definitely will return.

1  Thank U411483

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Harris
Bolton
My wife and I visited.I had a chicken satkora it was delicious . service was excellent. My girlfriend had Dilraj special. She loved it. Servers were friendly and efficient. Highly recommend for a good indian dinner.
We back again.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Came for a meal with my boyfriend for what we wanted to be a romantic meal. Were greeted pleasantly and offered drinks, and ordered before being sat at a table, which I found a little uncomfortable, though not too bad.

It has recently been redone inside, which was very nice and looked great. We ordered two starters to share which were lovely, then two chicken madras's, which were lovely if a touch on the hot side! We were then brought over a free drink as an apperitif, which was a nice surprise.

It was a bit quiet inside for a saturday night which seemed strange. The only off putting thing about the restaurant was there was two other couples who seemed to go a lot and the owners knew, which made us feel a bit undervalued perhaps?

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I have been visiting this restaurant over the last three years. The staff are always welcoming and provide good service. There are always plenty of choices on the menu including traditional dishes such as chicken tikka masala to the tasty chicken Peri Peri. I also recommend visiting the restaurant on a Sunday for the buffet which is approximately £9 and there are several courses. Highly recommend :)

1  Thank Yesmiss16
Reviewed 13 June 2013

A rare night just the two of us and we arrived around 10.45pm ish on a sat eve. extremely polite staff, we waited a small while in a small bar area with our drinks whilst we ordered and awaited a table. Husband ordered tandoori chicken, I ordered chicken curry medium, with additions........It was wonderful, tasty and a free vegetable curry as a compliment, the portions were very generous Staff couldn't do enough to please, it was reasonably quiet for a sat eve, They were expecting more to arrive around midnight. Cannot fault taste or service and price reasonable. will look forward to going again