“¡Buenísimo!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Tapeo - CLOSED

El Tapeo
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
“¡Buenísimo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is the third time we've been here now, and it was brilliant yet again. It was a treat for my Birthday and after the meal Marcos brought an ice-cream with a candle in it, dimmed the lights and had the whole restaurant sing Happy Birthday!

The Huevos Rotos con Chorizo was excellent, I would have that every time. And they do a cracking beer, Estrella Galicia 1906 Reserva Especial, this is quite strong and not as fizzy as a lot of Spanish beers.

While we were waiting for the final member of our party to arrive we had a good chat with Marcos & Lidia about Galicia which is where we're headed later this year - we can't wait if this is typical of Galician hospitality!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Paul T

Whalley, United Kingdom
“Fantastic new menu !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I popped into El Tapeo tonight for a quick coffee & tapas whilst out on my motorbike... and was really pleasantly surprised since my last visit. The completely new menu features loads of new dishes, a children's menu for families and the menu has been massively enlarged to offer main courses as well as the traditional Tapas classics !!!!

The owner Marco is converting more & more of us to his Galician family recipes (trust me - just try his mum's beef casserole it's delicious !!!!!) and they are even looking at offering catering for birthdays / events / etc in the future ...

A tasty slice of tortilla & coffee sat outside in the sunshine at El Tapeo is pretty hard to beat ......

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Michel S
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Fantastico!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have eaten a lot of tapas and this is by far the best tapas I have eaten in the UK. It is easy to transport yourself to Spain with a visit to El Tapeo, all the staff are Spanish, so it is nice to hear Spanish being spoken and the food is truly excellent - a real taste of Espana.
I took a group of teenagers studying Spanish at school, and the restaurant went out of their way to make us feel at home and to give them the best Spanish experience possible. I would truly recommend it!

Muchíssimas gracias y hasta la proxima!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Senorita_Sol
“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Been here a few times and went recently to sample the new menu.
The couple who own it couldn't have been more welcoming! They helped us with the menu and even brought us a cheeky cocktail for free!

I always feel like I'm on holiday in there, it's something really different for Clitheroe. Would go again and again and recommend to friends!

2 Thank Steffy123h
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“Great night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

It always feels like you are on holiday at this Spanish Restaurant, listening to the back ground music and the staff talking you could be anywhere in Spain. The food and the service is excellent, the food and wine are all bought locally which is great for Clitheroe. Give a try you won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2014