“Lovely meal”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

What a great evening. Good food, good sangria, good atmosphere. Four of us went and had tapas. I could of eaten just about anything from the menu. We just ordered a nice selection and every dish was so tasty. There was a man at another table playing guitar and later someone was playing a harmonica in the bar area. Overall a fantastic evening and at £25 each with drinks it was excellent value. The one major disappointment was when we walked out of the door and realised we were still in clitheroe! We will definitely be going back.

3  Thank Katfoster

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our second visit to this place. What can I say? The food is even better, new menu with bigger offer, the service is fantastic, the wine is superb....
It is a truly spanish
restaurant with spanish people running the business and you can say they are happy to make your visit unforgettable.
We are coming back, of course.

3  Thank Mark T
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is the third time we've been here now, and it was brilliant yet again. It was a treat for my Birthday and after the meal Marcos brought an ice-cream with a candle in it, dimmed the lights and had the whole restaurant sing Happy Birthday!

The Huevos Rotos con Chorizo was excellent, I would have that every time. And they do a cracking beer, Estrella Galicia 1906 Reserva Especial, this is quite strong and not as fizzy as a lot of Spanish beers.

While we were waiting for the final member of our party to arrive we had a good chat with Marcos & Lidia about Galicia which is where we're headed later this year - we can't wait if this is typical of Galician hospitality!

3  Thank Paul T
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I popped into El Tapeo tonight for a quick coffee & tapas whilst out on my motorbike... and was really pleasantly surprised since my last visit. The completely new menu features loads of new dishes, a children's menu for families and the menu has been massively enlarged to offer main courses as well as the traditional Tapas classics !!!!

The owner Marco is converting more & more of us to his Galician family recipes (trust me - just try his mum's beef casserole it's delicious !!!!!) and they are even looking at offering catering for birthdays / events / etc in the future ...

A tasty slice of tortilla & coffee sat outside in the sunshine at El Tapeo is pretty hard to beat ......

1  Thank Michel S
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have eaten a lot of tapas and this is by far the best tapas I have eaten in the UK. It is easy to transport yourself to Spain with a visit to El Tapeo, all the staff are Spanish, so it is nice to hear Spanish being spoken and the food is truly excellent - a real taste of Espana.
I took a group of teenagers studying Spanish at school, and the restaurant went out of their way to make us feel at home and to give them the best Spanish experience possible. I would truly recommend it!

Muchíssimas gracias y hasta la proxima!

2  Thank Senorita_Sol