“Currytastic!”

Trishna Indian Tandoori Restaurant
Ranked #101 of 137 Restaurants in Clitheroe
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A fine dining Indian Restaurant located in the heart of Whalley since 1985. We serve locally sourced, carefully prepared dishes within our extensive menu and look forward to your visit. Regards, The Trishna Team.
“Currytastic!”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I went as part of a table of 8 (we hadn't booked) and the restraunt was rather busy but the staff still accommodated us easily after a party of 7 had left. My special thali was fantastic and great value for money and I had a pint of kingfisher to wash it down with, lovely! We all had a great night. The staff were friendly the food was great and the atmosphere was too . Thanks Trishna.

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank Lee_Rimmer56

London, England, United Kingdom
“Average and Passable”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Located in Whalley, the restaurant was a bit out of the way and I went there based on a recommendation. I was the only one there on a Tuesday evening - 8 p.m.- but the sole person on duty was busy on the phone and with delivery orders - which appeared to be the main weekday business. Once he was free, the service was acceptable. Upon asking, I was told that their busy periods are during lunch and right after office hours.

The food is your run-of-the-mill Indian fare but with the manager and chef willing to prepare it to specification. The decor, table settings, dish presentation and cutlery, while individually proper, did not work together towards a specific ambiance.

I had chicken pakoras and a karahi which were both quite good. The restaurant should be OK as the 'local Indian place', but nothing to go out of the way for.

• Visited March 2013
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Will return”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Visited for the first time ever with friends for an 18th birthday on a Saturday night. Was surprisingly quiet for a Saturday however the food was good. Ordered chicken Balti which was lovely and the garlic naan which was amazing! The biryani looked excellent also. Will definifely be returning and this is from someone who is not normally a curry lover!

• Visited April 2013
6 Thank sammie_mash
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Curry heaven”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Saturday night, 8pm, no table booked and the four of us were accomodated easily. Seated in the bar area while we perused the menu we had a drink and then ordered - Vegetable and Special Thali plus Chicken Balti and King Prawn Curry - all were excellent. The atmosphere is very friendly and the staff were pleasant - I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
5 Thank Timothy W
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“I'm craving a curry.”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

A friend introduced me to this place when I first moved to Clitheroe. That was just about four months ago and I've been visiting Trishna every fortnight since then. Both the service and the food is excellent, the waiters couldn't be more friendly and attentive. Everytime I go to the restaurant I always find myself having a good laugh with one of the lads who work there and to me that's what makes this place special, the fantastic food and the friendly atmosphere are just bonuses! P.s if you're thinking of trying any particular curry, try the afghani karai chicken, it's rich in flavour has a wonderful texture and is beautifully presented.

• Visited December 2012