“Sunday Buffet let down.”

Trishna Indian Tandoori Restaurant
Ranked #95 of 144 Restaurants in Clitheroe
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A fine dining Indian Restaurant located in the heart of Whalley since 1985. We serve locally sourced, carefully prepared dishes within our extensive menu and look forward to your visit. Regards, The Trishna Team.
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Went on Sunday at 5pm to sample the Sunday buffet as I've been many times in the past and it's been quite good. Unfortunately, this time was a let down. The place was about half full so the atmosphere was fine without being too busy. 3 of us went and were quickly seated at our table once the drinks were served.
Poppadoms were served and when we asked, where's the buffet? We were told that they didn't have a buffet area any more and a selection of food would be brought to our table. At that point we should have drunk up and left. After polishing off the poppadoms we then waited nearly an hour after the poppadoms were served before the starters came out. When they did, it was all deep fried stuff and all tasted a bit bland.
Some time after we finished the starters (now on my 3rd pint) a selection of main courses came out, of which were mainly vegetable dishes and only 2 chicken dishes, no other meat. These also tasted very bland and were neither hot or spicy.
After sampling the mains, we soon drank up and left, with the bill coming to £61 for 3 "buffet" meals, 7 pints of Kingfisher and a soda water.
Overall the whole experience was quite poor and doubt I'll be trying the Sunday "buffet" again.

1  Thank LanghoBoy

Reviewed 4 May 2013

I went as part of a table of 8 (we hadn't booked) and the restraunt was rather busy but the staff still accommodated us easily after a party of 7 had left. My special thali was fantastic and great value for money and I had a pint of kingfisher to wash it down with, lovely! We all had a great night. The staff were friendly the food was great and the atmosphere was too . Thanks Trishna.

5  Thank Lee_Rimmer56
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Located in Whalley, the restaurant was a bit out of the way and I went there based on a recommendation. I was the only one there on a Tuesday evening - 8 p.m.- but the sole person on duty was busy on the phone and with delivery orders - which appeared to be the main weekday business. Once he was free, the service was acceptable. Upon asking, I was told that their busy periods are during lunch and right after office hours.

The food is your run-of-the-mill Indian fare but with the manager and chef willing to prepare it to specification. The decor, table settings, dish presentation and cutlery, while individually proper, did not work together towards a specific ambiance.

I had chicken pakoras and a karahi which were both quite good. The restaurant should be OK as the 'local Indian place', but nothing to go out of the way for.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Visited for the first time ever with friends for an 18th birthday on a Saturday night. Was surprisingly quiet for a Saturday however the food was good. Ordered chicken Balti which was lovely and the garlic naan which was amazing! The biryani looked excellent also. Will definifely be returning and this is from someone who is not normally a curry lover!

6  Thank sammie_mash
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Saturday night, 8pm, no table booked and the four of us were accomodated easily. Seated in the bar area while we perused the menu we had a drink and then ordered - Vegetable and Special Thali plus Chicken Balti and King Prawn Curry - all were excellent. The atmosphere is very friendly and the staff were pleasant - I would recommend this restaurant.

5  Thank Timothy W