“Tastes rubbish & food poisoning”

Trishna Indian Tandoori Restaurant
Ranked #98 of 141 Restaurants in Clitheroe
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A fine dining Indian Restaurant located in the heart of Whalley since 1985. We serve locally sourced, carefully prepared dishes within our extensive menu and look forward to your visit. Regards, The Trishna Team.
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The food is awful!! Virtually everything tastes the same. There is a standard base to which these guys add chicken or lamb and a few chillies if you want it spicy.
As if this weren't bad enough, I had food poisoning(or was it gastroenteritis).
Bad food and stomach flu. Should I recommend this place?

2  Thank Phil D

Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Thought we would try this restaurant as it looked very nice from the outside.. We couldn't of been more wrong. We ordered 2 meals with 2 rice for takeaway to get home to find a fly in the chicken ticka masala.. Plus only one rice .. Rang up to complain as we obviously was annoyed by this to get a mouthful of abuse and be basically told " I do not give a s**t what you have found in your food and it's up to you if you want to come back for the rice but I certainly will not be delivering the rice for you" will def not be returning and would recommend anybody who likes a good meal with good service to do the same!!

1  Thank Sam D
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Me and my wife went to Trishna as a couple without a booking and it was lovely. My Tandoori king prawn mossala was cooked to perfection and my wife thoroughly enjoyed her red mullet fish. We both chose to drink a bottle of rioja which complimented our meals and the atmosphere was great.

4  Thank Bradley F
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Went on Sunday at 5pm to sample the Sunday buffet as I've been many times in the past and it's been quite good. Unfortunately, this time was a let down. The place was about half full so the atmosphere was fine without being too busy. 3 of us went and were quickly seated at our table once the drinks were served.
Poppadoms were served and when we asked, where's the buffet? We were told that they didn't have a buffet area any more and a selection of food would be brought to our table. At that point we should have drunk up and left. After polishing off the poppadoms we then waited nearly an hour after the poppadoms were served before the starters came out. When they did, it was all deep fried stuff and all tasted a bit bland.
Some time after we finished the starters (now on my 3rd pint) a selection of main courses came out, of which were mainly vegetable dishes and only 2 chicken dishes, no other meat. These also tasted very bland and were neither hot or spicy.
After sampling the mains, we soon drank up and left, with the bill coming to £61 for 3 "buffet" meals, 7 pints of Kingfisher and a soda water.
Overall the whole experience was quite poor and doubt I'll be trying the Sunday "buffet" again.

1  Thank LanghoBoy
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I went as part of a table of 8 (we hadn't booked) and the restraunt was rather busy but the staff still accommodated us easily after a party of 7 had left. My special thali was fantastic and great value for money and I had a pint of kingfisher to wash it down with, lovely! We all had a great night. The staff were friendly the food was great and the atmosphere was too . Thanks Trishna.

5  Thank Lee_Rimmer56