“Sardines in a can”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We booked a table for 22 and had to make do using the corners as it was set up for 20 very uncomfortable being squashed in.together. The service from staff excellent apart from a small old guy who was very rude to a member of our party. I would'nt recommend making a group booking there. Other than that the food was good and the place is nice.

vass385, Owner at Mangiamo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Hi there .
As we ve been in business for 17 years now any review good or bad we would like to take it seriously and use it constructively
But let me point out couple of issues with your review .
Firstly your table was booked for 22 persons .You rang the day before to downsize to 19 and on the day you ve turned up 21 without letting us know .But we tried our best to accommodate the extra 2 persons .
Secondly the issue with the waiter it was a total lost in translation misunderstanding as his English is not as good as his Italian . He apologises unreservedly for any offence caused as he didn't meant to offend
Thirdly we like to thank you for your good comments about our food
With thanks
Vass

There are newer reviews for Mangiamo

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I used to love visiting this restaurant but after my last day visits i have left disappointed. I ordered stuffed mushrooms for starter and vegetarian lasagne for main. The mushrooms button mushrooms swimming in tomatoe sauce, the same sauce my lasagne was served in. Normally I find the veggie lasagne to an packed with mushrooms, onions, spinach etc but this time it was full of sweetcorn, peas and mini carrots which looked like they came down a frozen bag of mixed veg.
The service was good. The waiters were attentive, but the food has gone down hill. This used to be a lovely restaurant that I loved to visit. Now I would rather stay at home or go elsewhere.

1  Thank HM1987BB2
Reviewed 27 September 2013

As it's only a mile or so from home an ideal venue for an early evening Friday meal. Quite busy when we arrived so we were pleased we had made a reservation and was all but full all the time we were there, which made for a pleasant atmosphere.
Attentive and prompt service and our meals were quickly served and very good value, we used the 2 course @ £9.99 option, with a pasta dish and a pizza. Both were excellent and were followed by good deserts and cappuccino, with a large wine and a soft drink, all for £30.
Will return again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I used to love this place and went regularly. I have to say the last few times I have been I was disappointed. The food wasn't what it used to be. I loved the garlic prawns that come in their shells. Last time I ordered these they forgot to bring the bowl of water to use with them and only brought it after I had finished - even though we asked for it. This was not good service at all. I would think twice about returning!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We went as a party of seven and having read the mixed reviews I was a little dubious...

I did not need worry. We all agreed that the food was lovely and plentiful, the service was friendly and prompt and it was a nice atmosphere (Friday night so quite busy).

We will visit again in the not too distant future.