“Disappointing food to say the least!!”
Review of Mangiamo

Mangiamo
Ranked #10 of 84 Restaurants in Darwen
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Was in the restaurant before xmas at a Neil Diamond tribute evening, we had a good night because of the company and entertainment. Mostly, the food was mediocre to say the least, the only items that were really ok were the ones that had to be cooked there and then, pizza and pasta. Only one of our party had a decent meal. The garlic mushroom starters were awful, well stewed whole mushrooms, swimming in liquid sauce etc etc. I could go on. They need to up the anti for me to go again, sorry. Have given an average rating because of the entertainment, the food was poor.

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

We spent christmas day at Mangiamo's and it was great. The food was really nice and tasty and our waitress was really really helpful. We spent christmas day here last year too. We will definately be there next Christmas thanks

1  Thank emmjntur
Reviewed 18 November 2013

hi iwas in the resaraunt friday night,and saw what happened, one of your party was dancing on a chair and was a bit wobbly, the waiter that you said was rude was only showing concern for the safety of the lady that was wobbly,and was not rude, i have been to the restaraunt a few times and always found him to be polite joly and always helpful, allin all we had a good time food was good

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We booked a table for 22 and had to make do using the corners as it was set up for 20 very uncomfortable being squashed in.together. The service from staff excellent apart from a small old guy who was very rude to a member of our party. I would'nt recommend making a group booking there. Other than that the food was good and the place is nice.

vass385, Owner at Mangiamo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Hi there .
As we ve been in business for 17 years now any review good or bad we would like to take it seriously and use it constructively
But let me point out couple of issues with your review .
Firstly your table was booked for 22 persons .You rang the day before to downsize to 19 and on the day you ve turned up 21 without letting us know .But we tried our best to accommodate the extra 2 persons .
Secondly the issue with the waiter it was a total lost in translation misunderstanding as his English is not as good as his Italian . He apologises unreservedly for any offence caused as he didn't meant to offend
Thirdly we like to thank you for your good comments about our food
With thanks
Vass

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I used to love visiting this restaurant but after my last day visits i have left disappointed. I ordered stuffed mushrooms for starter and vegetarian lasagne for main. The mushrooms button mushrooms swimming in tomatoe sauce, the same sauce my lasagne was served in. Normally I find the veggie lasagne to an packed with mushrooms, onions, spinach etc but this time it was full of sweetcorn, peas and mini carrots which looked like they came down a frozen bag of mixed veg.
The service was good. The waiters were attentive, but the food has gone down hill. This used to be a lovely restaurant that I loved to visit. Now I would rather stay at home or go elsewhere.

1  Thank HM1987BB2