US$46
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewssunday lunchold housegrounds are beautifullovely hotelrooms are comfortablehidden gemmain buildingwedding venuefabulous foodwhole experiencepuddingper headthree coursesmaster of ceremoniesfirst ratebeefevening meal
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Visited the restaurant with my husband & parents. The food, atmosphere, staff and surroundings were excellent ! I can recommend the taster of winter puddings, a little bit of everything ! Fab ! See you again very soon !

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We had another amazing Sunday Lunch at Astley Bank. The menu choice is always a challenge, I changed my mind four times before ordering (my wife called it dithering - I called it making the right choice!). We were warmly welcomed and took a seat in the new lounge area whilst browsing the menu. The meal was served in the marevellous new dining room, when I say marvellous it is stunning. It is such a wonderful blending of new with the old. The character of the place could have been shot to peices but it works really well. The food was wonderful, the service wonderful. the experiance was wonderful. Thanks to everyone at Astley Bank for another wonderful experiance.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hovis1945
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Went last night with friends, it was the Valentine set menu, not our reason for going but we were aware when we booked, there were still half a dozen choice for each course, staff were excellent..... food terrific... we will go again !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boltonfil
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Just enjoyed another lovely Sunday lunch with my fiancé & parents. Wonderful hot tasty food, great service, lovely staff, lovely setting.

The Sunday lunch menu is great value, canapés, starter, main meal, dessert, coffee & chocolates, all home made for £22.00 per person.

We love Astley Bank so much we have booked for our wedding next year.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We booked a night at Astley Bank as part of a package of visiting friends and relatives and a late celebration of my husband's birthday the day before. We'd arranged for friends to join us for pre-dinner drinks at 6.30pm and planned to have a meal later in the hotel - we'd read such good reviews about the food. However, when we arrived at the hotel we were told we'd have to eat at seven, which was changed to 7.30 when I registered my disappointment. Later we noticed in our room that the final time for serving should have been 8.30, though it says 8pm on the net. We opted to eat out and we can thoroughly recommend Mangiamo's, an Italian restaurant 10 minutes drive from the hotel - though this was hardly ideal on a rainy Sunday night.

Our room - an executive bedroom - was beautiful and the bed was extremely comfortable. However, I didn't feel the towels and toiletries came up to scratch for an executive bedroom. I'm aware we could have asked for better or more, but when you pay for an upgrade you shouldn't need to ask. A word of warning - if you're on the top floor, you will need to run the shower or bath for more than five minutes if you want hot water - but the views from the bedroom made up for this inconvenience.
The staff were very friendly and we enjoyed an excellent breakfast (all the more disappointing that we couldn't sample the evening meal).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple