Whitehall Hotel
US$91
Mercure
US$133
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Fernhurst Lodge(Blackburn)
PremierInn.com
Sefton Hotel(Douglas)
  • Pool
All reviewsafternoon teafour poster bedjacuzzi bathwhite hallbridal suitefrom start to finishevening receptionfantastic hotelreception roomnothing too much troubleperfect venuehis teamcourse mealcouldn't do enoughtriflelovely roomevening buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2008

I thought it was about time I posted a review as I have been staying here regularly for 12 months now. The staff and atmosphere make this small hotel really special. The care and attention guests recieve is second to none. The food is always good and if you want something different this is always accomodated. Overall I would recommend the WhiteHall as a super place to stay, where you will always be looked after.
Thanks to you all.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 29 February 2008

Stayed on a business trip and would stay again. Lovely old manor house with 16 bedrooms. Its been updated over the years so rather eclectic decor. The old part of the hotel is the reception area, lounge and bedrooms with a lovely feel. The lounge had a lovely fire with big leather couches which made for a not chill before dinner (or you can go into the funky bar area if so inclined) There is a brand new restaurant that is the complete opposite (called MJs) with blond wood, cafe style setting and paintings of bubbles and gold fish tanks. Hip! I had a very spacious bedroom with a view over the valley. Some parts of the room decor are old. The door handles and locks are basic and you get given an enormous key, so its a bit quirky. I liked the four poster bed. Good work desk. TV (with DVD player) only has 5 channels however I think you can pay for SKY.. For £65 - £80 b&b and £15 set dinner menu or al a carte choice I was surprised how good everything was. £80 is for the bridal suite if you are so inclined. The staff really care about guests and go out of their way to assist. I ate in restaurant both nights and enjoyed my meal immensely. The breakfast is in the rose room (old part of the hotel) in the mornings and had a fairly usual hot selection which you ordered. Nice fruit salad. There is wireless internet in the lounge. I was able to use it in my room but apparently not all rooms are covered. There are no leisure facilities and the venue is used for weddings on weekends. I would definitely recommend it for the business traveler during the week, home away from home. Darwen is a teeny village near Blackburn and Bury / Boltonis about 20 minutes drive away. There is a Thai restaurant in Darwen called the Little Elephant and also an Italian restaurant. Great value and lovely staff.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 22 January 2008

I have just had the most wondeful customer care experience in this fantastic hotel .
Well done all the staff ,with special mention of Janet who deserves top marks for her attention to detail .Celebrations of a birthday party were made very special .
This is how hotels should be run .Congratulations to one and all , and thank you so much .

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed 9 November 2007

Our group of 40 friends have been visiting the Whitehall for many years, using it as a venue for our 'Dinner/Lectures'. We have always been very satisfied with the food and service, but our latest visit there surpassed the previous visits with the food, presentation and service.
We had a set meal chosen by me from their table d'hote menu and every one of the four courses was perfectly cooked, served and presented.
I would recomend the Whitehall to anyone wanting good food, good value and good service.

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed 9 November 2007

After many a visit to various locations to choose our venue for our wedding reception, we finally chose Whitehall. What a great decision! We both couldn't have asked for anything more. Fantastic food, great service and stunning surroundings.
We also had a lot of family traveling a long way who wanted to stay at the venue too. Everyone loved it and will be going back! All the rooms where perfect and even the breakfast the morning after was superb.
So a big thankyou to All the staff at Whitehall for making it such a memorable day.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel to anyone thinking of just stopping over or even having a wedding there!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family