“Amazing venue!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Darwen
Blackburn Lancs
“Amazing venue!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I attended a Ladies Who Lunch charity fundraiser at The Whitehall hotel last Sunday. The staff are wonderful, so kind, helpful and courteous. It is great to see young people function so brilliantly at an event like this. They must be well trained. The room was beautiful and the food amazing especially for so many and there was even seconds of a delicious sticky toffee pudding!! Each table was looked over by a member of staff plus another member of staff who took the drinks orders-it really couldn't have been any better. The whole day was so enjoyable and a fantastic amount of money was raised for Head and neck cancer charity. I would recommend the hotel as a venue for an event like this. Thank you all for a lovely day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JeanieBlackburnLancs
Whitehall1, General Manager at Whitehall Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Jeanie Blackburn

Thank you for taking to time to review your recent visit to The Whitehall Hotel.

I am very pleased that you had a wonderful time and that a large amount was raised for a very worthy cause. It is always great to hear that our staff looked after you so well, I will pass your comments onto them. I will also inform our Chef that his Sticky Toffee Pudding is getting rave reviews.

We hope to see you again soon at The Whitehall Hotel.

David Harvey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We've used this hotel several times over the years and most recently were there for a reunion afternoon tea for my mother, who used to live in Darwen. The manager and staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating. We'll definitely be going back tree again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Whitehall1, General Manager at Whitehall Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Peter S Hunt

Thank you for taking time to review your recent visit to The Whitehall Hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us and will pass your kind comments onto Leigh who was the manager who looked after you during your stay. It is always pleasing to hear that guests are being well looked after.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We chose the Whitehall from the Web as it was close enough for shopping in Blackburn but still rural and away from the main roads.
We were the only guests staying after a busy Easter yet we were made to feel very special and were able to upgrade to a beautiful 4 poster room with a jacuzzi bath suite FOC.
The breakfast was delightful and we were served promptly at our chosen time having had a relaxing lie in!
The staff were all so friendly and we were shown around the hotel and it's conference and wedding rooms which were all elegant yet tastefully decorated. We would definitely stay here again - Thank-you.

Room Tip: Book early to get a lovely choice of rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Whitehall1, General Manager at Whitehall Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Glenn C

Thank you for taking time to review The Whitehall Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us recently and that the jaacuzzi and four poster where particular highlights for yourself.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future - maybe next time you will have chance to venture up to Darwen Tower (the monument on the hill).

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We came here for a wedding on the 4th of April, the room was clean and spacious, check in was a breeze & the customer service was brilliant! The wedding service was lovely and the room it was held in was gorgeous. The wedding breakfast was literally one of the nicest wedding meals I've had. The gravy was to die for. After the non staying guests left, the bar reopened in the lounge area for the people staying. Which I thought was a nice added touch to be able to have a night cap. Had a lovely nights sleep which is always a bonus! (not a great sleeper) but what stood out for me the most throughout the day was the staff, they did a fantastic job, they had glowing faces from start to finish, and couldn't go enough for all guests there :) Thankyou Whitehall!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Danielle C
Dear Danielle C

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us at The Whitehall Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the wedding breakfast on offer and will pass your comments onto our chef's who will be equally delighted with the feedback, likewise I will pass the kind comments onto our front of house staff - weddign days are such happy occasions and it pleases me that our staff "glowing"a all day.

We look forward to seeing you in future.

Lancashire
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We went there for a Sunday Lunch. From the moment we arrived we were treated as if we were the most important people of the day.
The service was fantastic and the food superb. The way that the staff looked after us made us want to return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Whitehall1, General Manager at Whitehall Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Maurice R - thank you for taking time to review The Whitehall Hotel

I am delighted that you enjoyed our Mothers Day offering and that you where made to feel like the most important people of the day.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Nottingham UK
Reviewed 29 March 2014

After a slight rocky start slight mix up over booking I requested a ground floor which was not a problem. First impressions lovely faded grandeur of a country house hotel, although you first drive through a busy street of terraced houses then the hotel is up a drive it emerges and looks impressive. It is very quiet. My room was quite funky and modern which was a surprise after walking through the traditional lounge . I looked at the bistro style table and chairs in my room with suspicion anyone reading my reviews in the past will know how important it is to me to have comfortable chair as I hate having to sit on the bed. I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable they were. The room was a generous size and well appointed with bath shower over. Lots of hot water. My heating had developed a fault so I was given a heater although I could have moved but on my return the next evening it had be repaired and the room cosy. Only negative was the height of the shelf with the hospitality tray it was level with the top of my head. I also banged my head on it a couple of times as the space for your suitcase was directly below. The food was amazing in the five days every meal was exceptional in the cooking and presentation. Staff first rate very attentive and professional. Would certainly stay again if in the area in the future.

Room Tip: I had a ground floor room 25 which was very modern but I believe the rooms upstairs are more traditi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank janetjohn001
Dear Janetjohn001

Thank you for taking time to review The Whitehall Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with ourselves after the slight confusion upon arrival, it is particularly pleasing to hear that the problem with heating was dealt with very quickly with minimal disruption to your stay.

I will pass your comments onto both the staff who made your stay pleasant and to our Chef's who will be delighted by your comments.

I will have a discussion with our maintenance team to see if we can improve the location of the hospitality try in the ground floor rooms.

Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I booked a night at the Whitehall for my husband's birthday last weekend and didn't regret it. We got married here 5 years ago and haven't been back since then, until now. We stayed in the huge bridal suite (room 31) which was so comfortable. It has chairs, a chaise-longue, a four poster bed, a massive shower, a bath and loads of room. We ate in the restaurant which was very nice (but I must say I missed MJ's... - that restaurant was fantastic!). A lovely touch was offering my husband a free dessert with "Happy Birthday" in chocolate piping on the plate - the little extras make a hotel stand out. Because it was quiet we had one gentlemen tend to us for the whole stay and he was brilliant - courteous, helpful, cheerful and professional. Breakfast was hearty and tasty with quality ingredients. The wedding room has had a revamp and looks great but the heart of the place is still there - warm, cosy, clean and welcoming, and we thoroughly enjoyed being back.

Room Tip: Room 31 the bridal suite is beautiful. They also have another large suite available.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Bolton2013

Thank you for taking time to review The Whitehall Hotel.

We are delighted that you chose to celebrate your husbands birthday with ourselves and that you enjoyed your stay.

I will pass your kind words onto our Assistant Manager Peter who I believe was the gentleman on duty during your stay and also to our Head Chef Simon who prepared the birthday message for your husband.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

David Harvey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darwen
Astley Bank Hotel
Stirk House Hotel
Stirk House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gisburn
Stanley House Hotel & Spa

Been to Whitehall Hotel? Share your experiences!