“The best in town ”

Whitehall Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Darwen
“The best in town ”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I try to visit when ever I'm back in town. My last visit was Mother's Day (sorry it's taken so long). From the moment you walk I the door you are the most important person there and the food was excellent, they even looked after my fussy mother with out batting an eye.

All I can say is I can't wait to return.

Stayed August 2014
Whitehall1, General Manager at Whitehall Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Gary H

Thank you for taking time to review The Whitehall Hotel.

We like all our guests to feel special from the moment they walk through the door, we are delighted you felt this way.

We hope to see you again soon - and fingers crossed your mother doesn't see what you wrote!!

David Harvey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Whitehall hotel for a mini break away to celebrate our first wedding anniversary.
We upgraded to a suite with a jacuzzi which was a nice little extra and good value.
We dined in the restaurant on the first night and found the food to be of a very good standard.
The breakfasts were great and filling and were piping hot using fresh ingredients.
The staff were great and went out of their way to help us explore the area of Darwen.
We really appreciated the staff and the duration of our stay and we fully recommend the hotel to people wanting a great value for money escape. Thank you.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear MartynN

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at The Whitehall Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your special occasion with us and that you found the staff to be very helpful in your exploring of Darwen.

I will pass your comments about dinner and breakfast onto our kitchen team who will be very pleased that enjoyed their cooking.

We hope to see you in the future - possibly your 2nd anniversary?

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel recently for my son's wedding, everything was perfect and the food was amazing,
All the staff were very helpful and polite, I could not of asked for more
The rooms were very clean and quite large which was very useful as I had my grandson with me in a cot
Breakfast was excellent quality with options for everyone
I will definitely be returning

• Stayed August 2014
Dear LizN

Thank you for your kind words.

We are all delighted that you enjoyed your Son's wedding at The Whitehall Hotel.

I will pass your comments onto our kitchen team in regards to the breakfast you enjoyed.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Ideal good value hotel suitable for everyone - business traveller - family away days - weddings - function facilities to suit every occasion. Located just off the main A666 road from Blackburn to Bolton Road in a quiet area of Darwen with ample parking. Welcoming, friendly yet professional staff run by the hands-on owners.
The hotel offers a choice of relaxed, informal dining to semi-formal dining so, whether its a pie and a pint in the bar area you prefer in pleasant surroundings or a one, two or three course meal in the dining room the choice is yours. The hotel offers a choice of clean. pleasant, comfortable rooms with Wi-fi. I have stayed at The Whitehall on many occasions and find the atmosphere and facilities conducive to work, rest or play.

Room Tip: All rooms I have stayed in have been quiet and everyone different.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear David_R

Thank you for taking time to review The Whitehall Hotel.

We are all delighted that you continue to enjoy your stays with ourselves, from our hands on owners to our waiters and waitresses we believe our guests should experience a personal and unobtrusive service whilst staying at The Whitehall.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Accrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My new Wife and I got married at the whitehall on 25/07/14 we were planning this wilth Dave at the hotel for Months and the staff couldnt have been more helpful and what you can imagine was an important day for us Both.
The room looked fantastic both for the ceremony and the Wedding Breakfast and then at night where the resident Dj and a Band we have asked to play worked really well together and there was plenty of space.
We will definatly be going back to stay and eat there as the food was fantastic especially considering there were so many of us to cater for.
Our room was so nice and very clean (even though the bridesmaids got ready in there)
lastly the Staff - they were all soo nice and they did everything we asked for and much more, my wife and i diddnt get anything from the buffet but went up to our room after the night was over to find some plated up for us which trust me was needed. couldnt have asked for a better day or Venue.

Room Tip: upstairsa rooms are nice and for couples and Family rooms are downstairs - get 1 with a jacuzzi :-)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ash B
Dear Ash B

Thank you for taking time to review The Whitehall.

It was a pleasure to help you arrange the day and host your guests, I am delighted that your guests enjoyed the day.

We hope to see you both again in the future.

Dave Harvey
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Beautiful hotel set in a lovely quiet location. Staff were very friendly, helpful and professional. Food at breakfast was excellent. The family room was very spacious and well decorated. I would certainly recommend to anyone who is staying in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Whitehall1, General Manager at Whitehall Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Sarah R

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at The Whitehall Hotel.

We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay in one of our family rooms and hope that you will visit The Whitehall Hotel on your next family catch up.

Knowsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night 25/5/14 ,the room could best be described as a shoddy 80's bedsit(see pictures) and nothing like the 'executive room' advertised on the website.We were offered an alternative room which begs the question- if you had a better room available why were we stuck in this room in the first place? (first impressions count). This room was not fit to sell to customers in our opinion.
Additionally,we discovered that the hotel has an 11pm curfew so if you're not back by 11pm you are locked out and have to phone and wait for a manager to let you in - very bizarre...
Upon leaving, we voiced our complaints to the manager who was very supportive and understanding and our bill was reduced which was fair enough. We understand that the hotel is apparently due to be refurbished, however this is not the standard expected from a £90 a night room nor should it be sold as one. Very disappointing...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PaulTM66
Whitehall1, General Manager at Whitehall Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear PaulTM66

I am very disappointed that you didnt enjoy your stay at The Whitehall Hotel recently.

I am surprised that you have compared the hotel to a "shoddy 80's bedsit", our executive rooms are currently being decorated to correct any minor blemishes that have to be expected over time, given the frequency in which they are occupied, I also find it very surprising that you refused an option to move rooms or to view an alternative when offered given that you feel the room was unfit for customers.

The hotel does have a security policy in place which includes the front door being locked at 11pm, this however is not a curfew and guests are welcome to come and go as they please.

I am glad that our Assistant Manager Peter dealt with the issues for you with understanding when you checked out the following morning.

David Harvey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darwen
Astley Bank Hotel
Premier Inn Blackburn South (M65, J4) Hotel
Stanley House Hotel & Spa
Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa
The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club

Been to Whitehall Hotel? Share your experiences!