“Brilliant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Darwen
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

A very enjoyable stay at a wonderfully friendly hotel. Room is very smart, modern with lots of space. Staff have been brilliant and food of a good, consistent quality. Good value for money and I look forward to returning

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gary L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. The room was very modern and very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was great, although the shower was over the bath so some mobility needed to get in and out. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast was very relaxed and plentiful. We would recommended unreservedly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Val H
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

My husband and I wanted to enjoy a rare sunny afternoon in early May so we went to the Whitehall hotel and sat outside in their courtyard. The staff were very helpful and brought us what we requested that wasn't on the menu which was just a few cheese and biscuits with a few olives and grapes. A very pleasant way to spend a few hours.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liz C
Whitehall1, General Manager at Whitehall Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Liz C

Thank you for kind words in regards to your visit to The Whitehall Hotel.

I am delighted that our staff where very helpful and that you enjoyed your afternoon.

We hope to see you again very soon and if you could bring the sunshine with you again that would be great.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I try to visit when ever I'm back in town. My last visit was Mother's Day (sorry it's taken so long). From the moment you walk I the door you are the most important person there and the food was excellent, they even looked after my fussy mother with out batting an eye.

All I can say is I can't wait to return.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Gary H

Thank you for taking time to review The Whitehall Hotel.

We like all our guests to feel special from the moment they walk through the door, we are delighted you felt this way.

We hope to see you again soon - and fingers crossed your mother doesn't see what you wrote!!

Regards

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Whitehall hotel for a mini break away to celebrate our first wedding anniversary.
We upgraded to a suite with a jacuzzi which was a nice little extra and good value.
We dined in the restaurant on the first night and found the food to be of a very good standard.
The breakfasts were great and filling and were piping hot using fresh ingredients.
The staff were great and went out of their way to help us explore the area of Darwen.
We really appreciated the staff and the duration of our stay and we fully recommend the hotel to people wanting a great value for money escape. Thank you.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear MartynN

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at The Whitehall Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your special occasion with us and that you found the staff to be very helpful in your exploring of Darwen.

I will pass your comments about dinner and breakfast onto our kitchen team who will be very pleased that enjoyed their cooking.

We hope to see you in the future - possibly your 2nd anniversary?

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel recently for my son's wedding, everything was perfect and the food was amazing,
All the staff were very helpful and polite, I could not of asked for more
The rooms were very clean and quite large which was very useful as I had my grandson with me in a cot
Breakfast was excellent quality with options for everyone
I will definitely be returning

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
Dear LizN

Thank you for your kind words.

We are all delighted that you enjoyed your Son's wedding at The Whitehall Hotel.

I will pass your comments onto our kitchen team in regards to the breakfast you enjoyed.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Ideal good value hotel suitable for everyone - business traveller - family away days - weddings - function facilities to suit every occasion. Located just off the main A666 road from Blackburn to Bolton Road in a quiet area of Darwen with ample parking. Welcoming, friendly yet professional staff run by the hands-on owners.
The hotel offers a choice of relaxed, informal dining to semi-formal dining so, whether its a pie and a pint in the bar area you prefer in pleasant surroundings or a one, two or three course meal in the dining room the choice is yours. The hotel offers a choice of clean. pleasant, comfortable rooms with Wi-fi. I have stayed at The Whitehall on many occasions and find the atmosphere and facilities conducive to work, rest or play.

Room Tip: All rooms I have stayed in have been quiet and everyone different.