Farington Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Farington
Reviewed 6 September 2013

It was some years since we last attended a wedding at Farington Lodge. Since it has been extensively but sympathetically extended. From checking in (Sunday) at reception to leaving the following morning we experienced efficient, courteous and helpful staff. Staffing levels were excellent, you didn't get the feeling prevalent in some hotels nowadays, that the are operating with the bare minimum. All guests commented on the large bedrooms, and the excellent bathrooms. Bar prices a little steep? but hey, it is rather a splendid venue with nice public rooms. One complaint! the black pudding at breakfast was very bland, unforgivable when Marsdens is only a few miles away.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor, I am so pleased to enjoyed your stay whilst attending a wedding at the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

stayed last night on a business trip. Hotel situated in its own grounds ,very quiet surroundings check in was very good,the young lady on reception was excellent. Bar area very good ,nice comfy chairs , well decorated . My room was also very good , big and airy spotlessly clean (as was the bathroom).Bed very comfortable. I had a burger and chips in the bar that night. Burger was very good, but chips a little undercooked.
Breakfast excellent with good quality produce ,and cooked to order. once again, the young lady on reception(a different one to check in was very good).I would definitely stay here again if in the area

Room Tip: I had room 4 on the ground floor..very quiet overlooking the garden
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Spent a long weekend in October at this hotel. It combined both old and new in a harmonious setting. The grounds were peaceful and well maintained. The hotel had easy access to main roads which was useful as we visited Blackpool, Trafford centre and Preston. There was a wedding taking place but we were not inconvenienced in any way. The breakfasts were top class as were the evening meals. Staff were extremely attentive and courteous. All in all I would highly recommend the hotel for all occasions.

Room Tip: all rooms appeared to have good views but nearest to reception means less distance to walk
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at Farington Lodge Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back agan in the future.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed here for our niece's wedding and were very impressed. It is a very pretty building set in lovely and well maintained grounds. The room was large, comfortable and well equipped with a huge bathroom that had very nice toiletries. The bed was large and comfortable. The staff were very nice and the breakfast was delicious.
The wedding ceremony was held in a very nice room with plenty of long windows which gave lots of natural light which was great as I was official photographer. The main reception room was large and again plenty of windows although the hotel was happy for the bride to use her own decorator to bling it up. The grounds made a nice back drop for the photos with plenty of nice trees and bushes to add variety to the back drops. All in all an excellent venue for a wedding and not far off the motorway and plenty of on site parking.
If I wasn't going there on a weekend as a wedding guest and I wanted to get an early night I might check first to see if any functions are on as there would be no getting away from noisy revellers.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor and for your positive comments. Farington Lodge Hotel is a lovely venue for a wedding, which you clearly saw for yourself. We are always pleased to offer guests bedrooms in the quiet wing, of the hotel, which is sited away from any events that may be happening in the hotel. I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again to the Farington Lodge Hotel.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We enjoyed a filling, appetizing afternoon tea at the Farington Lodge Hotel in a charming period room with delightful views of the gardens. The tasty sandwich fillings were salmon, turkey with cranberry, home cooked ham and mustard and cheese and onion. The home baked cakes were scones with jam and cream, lemon cake and date and walnut cake ; all moist and delicious. We could choose tea or the full range of coffees and the price per head was an extremely reasonable £12.50. The service was just right and the cakes we could not finish were wrapped for us to take home. All in all perfection.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank EivissaSouthport
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you enjoyed your afternoon tea at the Farington Lodge Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Excellent, very good value. We went for a birthday celebration with my 7 year old. Good choice of sandwiches and cakes, still warm from the oven scones. We married here 15 years ago and it was and still is a fantastic wedding venue.

Room Tip: Original rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you enjoyed your Afternoom Tea and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed at the Farrington Lodge whilst on a business trip in the area. I must admit it is one of the better hotels I've stayed at for business purposes for an awful long time. The reception staff were very welcoming and I checked in without any delay. When on business, I normally get allocated a 'not so nice room' but it has to be said, that I had a super room in the main house. It was lovely and spacious with views across the extensive gardens. I hate hard beds, so I was overjoyed to discover the bed was very comfortable. Everything in the room that you could possibly need. In terms of food and drink, I bought a drink at the bar and compared to most hotels I didn't think the prices were too bad. Been on my own, I decided to order room service, as opposed to eat in the restaurant or bar. There was a good choice of food (although a cold sandwich option would have been good). I ordered the shredded potato and vegetables coated in breadcrumbs, whilst very tasty, it wasn't what I was expecting. It was more of a veggie burger. I've bought something very similar in the local supermarket recently, so not quite 4* hotel standard. However, I ccouldn't fault the service. I don't do breakfast, but when I was checking out I walked past the breakfast room and what was laid out looked very nice. All in all a very pleasant stay. I'd would stay here again (both for business and pleasure).

Room Tip: I had room 10 in the main house, very nice and overlooked the gardens
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bridget419
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming back to Farington Lodge Hotel in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farington
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Holiday Inn Express Preston South
Wellington Park
Wellington Park
#2 of 2 in Leyland
Stanley House Hotel & Spa
Bartle Hall Country Hotel

Been to Farington Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!