“5 Stars from start to finish”

Farington Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Farington
Hythe, United Kingdom
“5 Stars from start to finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Thank you to all of the staff for making our one night stay so perfect. Staying on our way home to Hythe Southampton from my son's home in Aberdeen. We were able to have the Autumn Package, dinner bed and breakfast for such a wonderful price, including a glass of bubbly and canapes before dinner. The room, food, wine Hic! and breakfast were first class, but the best bit was the wonderful and caring staff. Thank you again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to write on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased you both enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you both back to Farington Lodge Hotel again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Chorley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We held our 25th wedding anniversary party in the Jubilee Suite this weekend (2 Nov). From first visiting the hotel for initial discussions with Susan, through the planning stages and to the event itself overseen by Simon, the organisation and helpfulness of the staff has been excellent.
They were very accommodating as we wanted to have a band in addition to a DJ, allowing us to visit the room to plan where we they could be positioned and agree the table layout.
The buffet was also excellent with many guests commenting on how much they'd enjoyed the food.
Many guests stayed overnight, all rooms were very comfortable and breakfast was delicious!
We'd have no hesitation in recommending Farington Lodge for a function/ overnight stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 10 (a classic room in the main building) which overlooked the garden- very peacefu...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank amanda_byers1
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your Silver Wedding Anniversary at Farington Lodge Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you both back again in the future.
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I recently organised my 60th birthday family reunion at this hotel using a private dining room. We were all really delighted with the event as we were able to use the dining room and the lounge next door. Although another function was on and guests staying, felt as if we had the place for our exclusive use. . Service and helpfulness of staff was faultless and the food delicious. I would have no hesitation in recommending this venue to anyone including the hotel rooms as our guests who used these were also pleased.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor, I am delighted both yourself and your guests enjoyed celebrating your 60th birthday. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Gateshead
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

The Farington Lodge is an attractive, atmospheric hotel and a perfectly acceptable place to break a long journey. The staff are very friendly and attentive without being intrusive, making for an ambience which is calm, relaxed and very welcoming. We had dinner at the hotel and my meal, sea bass with a prawn and cream sauce, was absolutely delicious, though to be truthful, a little on the small size for a main. I often have sea bass and I'm aware that it's not usually the biggest fillet of fish, but perhaps a few more vegetables would have helped to alleviate my hunger.

The bedroom we occupied (no.17) was quite attractive, a good size with a really comfortable bed, but looked a wee bit 'tired' and in need of a refresh. The curtains and more especially the blinds, could do with being replaced, as could some of the furniture and there were three bulbs out. The bathroom needs a sprucing up, but this said, both the room and the bathroom were very clean and after a great night sleep, we enjoyed a good breakfast, well presented and served with charm by the lovely waiter who had looked after us at dinner. All told, we would return but would probably upgrade next time.

Room Tip: Opt for an executive room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank trumpeteers
Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor and for your constructive comments. I am pleased overall you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the M6 as a stopover on a journey between Scotland and the south of England, in the hope that I would have a good rest before carrying on my merry way. Big mistake, especially as my allocated room was situated at the beginning of a corridor of bedrooms and also over the Reception area. As a wedding was in progress, I realised straight away that there would be disturbance and asked for a room change. No luck. As anticipated, wedding guests staggered their bed times (very loudly!) over a period of 2 hours until about 2.30 when I thought I may be able to sleep at last. The staff then embarked on a nocturnal housekeeping experience, speciality being vacuuming the carpets. Just what you need in the middle of the night! It was suggested that I go to the bar before dinner when I could place my order. However, it was full of wedding guests and I was steered to an empty, dimly lit lounge which was disappointing. Travelling alone, it's good to have the buzz of a bar environment. Dinner was very good, as was the service. I found the background music throughout the hotel irritating and too overpowering. The invitation tweely place on my bed inviting me to join the bride and groom for breakfast the next morning was obviously a mistake, but one which should not have been made. The room was let down by a badly stained chair, otherwise it was as expected and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was newly renovated and well appointed.
I discussed these issues with the duty manager when checking out and was offered a £15 discount on the room charge. After communicating with the General Manager a few days later, I was offered a discount on a future visit to the hotel. I was not happy with this and was subsequently offered a further £25 discount. I am sure if a wedding had not been taking place, I would have had a far better experience, and had I known in advance, then I would have made alternative arrangements.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank tresco2
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I have already responded to your complaint directly and received your acknowledgement.
Broome, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

From the moment we arrived, the service was outstanding, attention to detail is second to none and the hotel & grounds are lovely. Having spent many years working in five star hotels & resorts and stayed in many in various countries, this hotel goes the extra mile to ensure that the guest is number one; Furthermore the rate was a steal, $109 including canapes, sparkling wine, a delectable 3 course dinner, full english breakfast and a lovely spacious country-style room with ensuite....perfect venue for all occasions, very satisfied customer :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Farington Lodge Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Chorley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had the good fortune to be invited to a 100 birthday meal. We arrived on a sunny afternoon to be greeted by the staff with pims or orange juice. The staff made us all very welcome and could not do enough for us. We had a private room that held 20 guest, the food was good and so was the service. This is the fourth time that we have visited the hotel and have always enjoyed it. Excellent hotel, excellent food and excellent staff

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit to the Farington Lodge Hotel and enjoyed such a special day. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farington
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Wellington Park
Wellington Park
#2 of 2 in Leyland
Stanley House Hotel & Spa
Bartle Hall Country Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Preston South

Been to Farington Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!