“Nice hotel but service a lot to be desired” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Farington Lodge Hotel

Farington Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Farington
manchester
“Nice hotel but service a lot to be desired”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a Christmas do so room rate reduced to 69 from 150. Although the hotel is beautiful I would say room I stayed in was not worth 150. The hotel has very few facilties to justify the cost. Room comfortable but basic.

Breakfast is what Let's this place down service was a absolute joke. Firstly they have it a garden room so not enough tables so had to wait for the slowest table clean I have ever seen they literally carry every item so it took three of them to clear and set up a table for god sake buy a tray.

Secondly they had nothing left except cereal on the breakfast table they had empty juice jugs until I had finished and was leaving typical.

Thirdly no vegetarian breakfast so had stone cold srambled egg and cold hard toast yuk yuk yuk.

Had to ask for my toast as everyone else was given it but me.

listening to others people dont think others were happy one couple were ignored and after thirty mins asked if they could order breakfast to be told thought you had eaten it there were no plates on the table so how could they have eaten.

Although staff constantly apologised it simply was rubbish service there were three staff and only nine tables and more guests that tables so long wait for tables ridiculous and what made me laugh was they didn't know which table ordered what so they kept trying to give wrong breakfasts to people on other tables come on a child of four would of done better.

So all in all if I had paid normal price I would of felt seriously ripped off this place looks good but shoddy service Let's it down so wouldn't come again

• Stayed December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sharpaul
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. Apologies, as clearly our breakfast service was not our normal high standard on Saturday morning.I will investigate your comments, and thank you for bringing it to my attention. Please call me directly should you wish to discuss this further.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I was moved to this hotel when the Best Western Leyland were unable to fullfill my booking in OCtober. Ultimately the staff were helpful and friendly. My room was large and well appointed with a huge wetroom bathroom. It was clean, comfortable and quiet. The food in the evening was very average and I was disapointed with the breakfast. There is no gym but wifi was included in the price, but it was VERY slow. I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in the local area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. I am pleased you found your room comfortable, apologies if the food was not of our normal high standard. Should you wish to discuss it further, please contact me directly.
Nairn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I organised a 70th birthday luncheon and family reunion for family and friends (total 35) at Farington Lodge and also stayed overnight following the event. The expertise of the staff and knowledgeable communication prior to the event removed all stress and strain and permitted us to relax and enjoy ourselves. The food was really good and enjoyed by all, the discrete but ever present assistance of the staff and the obvious attention to detail to meet our requests was first class. We stayed overnight in a super 'classic' room with all amenities and comforts followed by a very attractively produced and substantial breakfast. What more can I say? I'll definitely book the same venue and ask for the same staff when my 80th birthday arrives!!!!

Room Tip: There isn't a lift (elevator) but there are rooms available on the ground floor. Perhaps those w...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Big_Bike_Buddy
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
I am delighted you had such a lovely birthday. Thank you for choosing to hold you event at Farington Lodge Hotel and for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor with your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Hythe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Thank you to all of the staff for making our one night stay so perfect. Staying on our way home to Hythe Southampton from my son's home in Aberdeen. We were able to have the Autumn Package, dinner bed and breakfast for such a wonderful price, including a glass of bubbly and canapes before dinner. The room, food, wine Hic! and breakfast were first class, but the best bit was the wonderful and caring staff. Thank you again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to write on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased you both enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you both back to Farington Lodge Hotel again in the future.
Chorley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We held our 25th wedding anniversary party in the Jubilee Suite this weekend (2 Nov). From first visiting the hotel for initial discussions with Susan, through the planning stages and to the event itself overseen by Simon, the organisation and helpfulness of the staff has been excellent.
They were very accommodating as we wanted to have a band in addition to a DJ, allowing us to visit the room to plan where we they could be positioned and agree the table layout.
The buffet was also excellent with many guests commenting on how much they'd enjoyed the food.
Many guests stayed overnight, all rooms were very comfortable and breakfast was delicious!
We'd have no hesitation in recommending Farington Lodge for a function/ overnight stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 10 (a classic room in the main building) which overlooked the garden- very peacefu...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank amanda_byers1
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your Silver Wedding Anniversary at Farington Lodge Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you both back again in the future.
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I recently organised my 60th birthday family reunion at this hotel using a private dining room. We were all really delighted with the event as we were able to use the dining room and the lounge next door. Although another function was on and guests staying, felt as if we had the place for our exclusive use. . Service and helpfulness of staff was faultless and the food delicious. I would have no hesitation in recommending this venue to anyone including the hotel rooms as our guests who used these were also pleased.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor, I am delighted both yourself and your guests enjoyed celebrating your 60th birthday. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Gateshead
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

The Farington Lodge is an attractive, atmospheric hotel and a perfectly acceptable place to break a long journey. The staff are very friendly and attentive without being intrusive, making for an ambience which is calm, relaxed and very welcoming. We had dinner at the hotel and my meal, sea bass with a prawn and cream sauce, was absolutely delicious, though to be truthful, a little on the small size for a main. I often have sea bass and I'm aware that it's not usually the biggest fillet of fish, but perhaps a few more vegetables would have helped to alleviate my hunger.

The bedroom we occupied (no.17) was quite attractive, a good size with a really comfortable bed, but looked a wee bit 'tired' and in need of a refresh. The curtains and more especially the blinds, could do with being replaced, as could some of the furniture and there were three bulbs out. The bathroom needs a sprucing up, but this said, both the room and the bathroom were very clean and after a great night sleep, we enjoyed a good breakfast, well presented and served with charm by the lovely waiter who had looked after us at dinner. All told, we would return but would probably upgrade next time.

Room Tip: Opt for an executive room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank trumpeteers
Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor and for your constructive comments. I am pleased overall you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farington
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland
Wellington Park
Wellington Park
#2 of 2 in Leyland
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Bartle Hall Country Hotel
Stanley House Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Express Preston South

Been to Farington Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!