“Charming hotel and professional service”

Farington Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Farington
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Okay it's not a bland 'every room looks the same' - Hilton or Holiday Inn hotel as it's a hotel with some character.

The staff were excellent and did exactly what you would expect... Service with a smile and very attentive, which made a big change from the 'I'm doing you a favour' service you receive in so many places these days.

I've stayed in about 20 hotels so far this year and looking back at my stay at the Farington I had the best night's sleep and the most interesting and spacious room so far.

Have already booked my next business stay here.... Longer this time.

Well done to the ladies on reception and the restaurant staff.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for your comments and taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Farington Lodge Hotel.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We attended for a Wedding and lovely it was but the hotel service left a lot to be desired. The bar man was chewing his nails the touching glasses etc yuk! There were few smiles from the staff and the girl at the bar looked as if her life was about to end, we were at a happy event for goodness sake! The room was basic although large and although on they ground floor in view of the road, had no nets or blinds at the windows just either pull the thick curtains and make the room dark or let everybody see you! The breakfast well, less said the better. No choice of eggs, scrambled or none, way overcooked bacon, sweaty toast which is stacked in a basket. Not a patch on The Best Western breakfast which we had the morning before and half the price! We left our iphone charger in the room and when I phoned the lad on reception told me it had not been found, let's hope they have better luck this morning....... Even the staff covering the bar at the wedding were poor and only wanted to give u what they had behind that particular bar. The batman virtually moaned when we asked for a glass of Pinot Noir, at £6.50 a glass he should have run! When I asked for a Vodka and slimline tonic he gave me the normal tonic, when I queried he just took it back no apology and poured another Vodka. If these people don't want to work in an Hotel, why take the job?

Room Tip: Take a large wedge of cash for drinks!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GillyB37
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for your comments, and for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. I shall investigate your comments further. Should you wish to discuss them, please do contact me directly and I will be pleased to hear from you.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Not the normal hotel I stay at when in the area but decided to give it a try. The hotel can be found situated in some rather nice grounds butt he approach through some new housing is deceiving.

Greeted, using the term very loosely, by a young man who had obviously been having a really bad day, a smile on booking in goes a long way.

We were booked in the executive rooms and at £140 per night B&B this was definitely overpriced. I stayed in room 28 with a view overlooking the car park the en-suite was a wet room rather than a bathroom. The room had flat screen TV (no satellite stations) tea & coffee making facilities. The décor was slightly old fashioned as you would expect in the country house style hotel.

The bar area is small and to start with no barman as the young man from reception, did his best to try and serve us. The tables were dirty and empty glasses not cleared. Dinner in the evening was ok it was an interesting selection of meals and we all enjoyed them, the lamb shank was very good.

Breakfast was disappointing with a plate that you would not expect to see in a quality hotel, one egg, one sausage, one rasher of bacon and an uncooked tomato that should be on a salad plate not a breakfast plate.

Paid the £438 bill in the morning didn't get a thank you, goodbye, did you enjoy so obviously not really interested in customers was the overall impression of the stay and I was disappointed after changing from the normal best western hotel I stay at in the area.

Room Tip: Side rooms overlook grounds
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KVS79

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. Please accept my apologies for what was obviously not our normal high standard of service. I value customer feedback and will be reviewing your comments further. Please contact me directly should you wish to discuss them.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We arranged small family celebration for 5 adults and 2children for 80th birthday. When booking asked if Gluten free food for one person could be provided, advised this would be no problem and sandwiches scones and cake would be available as the chef had plenty of notice.This was also confirmed by email. On arriving and wait in bar we were shown to table and given pots of tea, after 20 min wait food arrives but not any gluten free. On speaking to waiter complete confusion as not aware of special request.Another 10-15min wait 2 very unappealing sandwiches arrive on a plate with 2 equally unpleasant cakes and no scones.Other cakes were uninspiring although scones and sandwiches pleasant. Overall very disappointing especially as the gluten free was for the 80 yr old celebrating her birthday.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Diane L
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I have responded to your complaint directly. Please accept my apologies for any disappointment caused.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed here on a dinner, bed and breakfast rate - my husband had stayed before but I had not. He told me the hotel was set in beautiful grounds and that I would not be disappointed. On approaching the hotel my husband thought we had taken a wrong turn as there was a housing estate off to the left which was not there the last time he visited. Seems that the owners had sold some land to make way for the housing development which was a shame. Still, what was left of the grounds were well kept and very lovely. Check-in was efficient and speedy and our room (no. 10 just up first flight of stairs) was really lovely. Extremely elegant, very spacious with desk and sitting area, good wardrobe and drawer space with a nice view over the garden. Full bathroom to a good standard but no room to put wash bags over the sink area!!. However there was a shelf over the toilet to accommodate them (must have been designed by a man)!!. Dinner was excellent with good service and the canapes and a glass of Prosecco before dinner were very welcome. Wine list was good within reach of everyone's pocket. The bed was very comfortable and we slept soundly. Breakfast was everything you could wish for with, again, good service. I would certainly revisit if in the area and would highly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Room No. 10 was lovely and quite with nice view over the garden.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tricia298
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a Christmas do so room rate reduced to 69 from 150. Although the hotel is beautiful I would say room I stayed in was not worth 150. The hotel has very few facilties to justify the cost. Room comfortable but basic.

Breakfast is what Let's this place down service was a absolute joke. Firstly they have it a garden room so not enough tables so had to wait for the slowest table clean I have ever seen they literally carry every item so it took three of them to clear and set up a table for god sake buy a tray.

Secondly they had nothing left except cereal on the breakfast table they had empty juice jugs until I had finished and was leaving typical.

Thirdly no vegetarian breakfast so had stone cold srambled egg and cold hard toast yuk yuk yuk.

Had to ask for my toast as everyone else was given it but me.

listening to others people dont think others were happy one couple were ignored and after thirty mins asked if they could order breakfast to be told thought you had eaten it there were no plates on the table so how could they have eaten.

Although staff constantly apologised it simply was rubbish service there were three staff and only nine tables and more guests that tables so long wait for tables ridiculous and what made me laugh was they didn't know which table ordered what so they kept trying to give wrong breakfasts to people on other tables come on a child of four would of done better.

So all in all if I had paid normal price I would of felt seriously ripped off this place looks good but shoddy service Let's it down so wouldn't come again

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank sharpaul
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. Apologies, as clearly our breakfast service was not our normal high standard on Saturday morning.I will investigate your comments, and thank you for bringing it to my attention. Please call me directly should you wish to discuss this further.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I was moved to this hotel when the Best Western Leyland were unable to fullfill my booking in OCtober. Ultimately the staff were helpful and friendly. My room was large and well appointed with a huge wetroom bathroom. It was clean, comfortable and quiet. The food in the evening was very average and I was disapointed with the breakfast. There is no gym but wifi was included in the price, but it was VERY slow. I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in the local area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. I am pleased you found your room comfortable, apologies if the food was not of our normal high standard. Should you wish to discuss it further, please contact me directly.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farington
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland
Holiday Inn Express Preston South
Stanley House Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Preston Marriott Hotel

Been to Farington Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!