Upon arrival at 11am, obviously we weren't expecting to check in until 2. The rooms weren't ready for us before 2pm to make preparations for the wedding, so the toilet facilities were our only option.
Just after 2 I decided to ask if our room was available, inwhich we were told it wasn't, so again we were forced to get some gifts ready in the car park.
4 o'clock came and we were told yet again that the rooms weren't ready and that they should be by the end of the wedding dinner.
Another hour passed and the room had to be checked if it was done and then we finally could check in.
After asking for a discount for the inconvienience the manager told us that check in is from 2 and they only have limited staff to clean the rooms and that he would rather give us clean rooms than unkept.
We weren't the only people having problems with check in, there were at least 4 - 5 other families that we're experiencing the same problem.
My aunty who is 92 who has mobility problems had the same, but unfortunately, her room wasn't ready after three hours of waiting.
No compensation was given, only excusses, but those excusses seem like bad management and caused a mass of inconvience for many people. Check in after 2 to many hotels refers to the customers benefit, not to the convience of the hotels. We're paying for a service and the staff and management don't seem to concern themselves over this point. Get more staff if you can't apply yourself.
I've stayed at many hotels and never come across this ridiculous runaround.
I wouldn't recommend this service to anyone due to staff attitude which I though was poor at best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Farington Lodge Hotel is a 4* beautiful Georgian house which has been tastefully extended and now has 27 en-suite bedrooms with nine bedrooms in the original house including a four poster suite with an additional eighteen opulent executive bedrooms in the new wing. Situated in magnificent landscaped gardens and enchanting woodland, this unique venue is conveniently located for guests traveling by road, rail or air. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Farington Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farington Hotel Farington
- Farington Lodge Hotel Lancashire