“Brilliant weekend trip”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fleetwood
Cala Gran Holiday Park - Haven
Halifax, Yorkshire
“Brilliant weekend trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

We spent the weekend here with our grandson. This is our first experience of a caravan park. It was booked only 2 weeks before travel & I wondered if I had made a mistake when I read some of the reviews, there were a lot of negatives. We were all pleasantly surprised. We had a 2 bedroomed caravan for the 3 of us & there was plenty of room. The 'Van was clean, well equipped & comfortable. Take your own towels & toilet rolls as these are not included, but bed linen is. We also took some washing up liquid & our own tea, cofee & milk, but if you don't want to carry things there is a well stocked Spar suremarket on site which is quite reasonable.
The staff are very friendly. A particular mention to Danny, who organises a lot of the outdoor activities, he was good fun, very patient & encouraged even the most timid of children. Also the pool staff were very good. Our grandson has severe eczema & while I was applying his skin cream after a session in the pool, one of the attendants came to speak to us & said that he also suffers from eczema. My grandson, aged 8,feels like he is the only one with the condition, but felt much better after talking to the attendant.
There are lots of activities for youngsters. They tend to be a little expensive, but they are very well organised & well run. Get a book of 6 activities for £36, it will save you money.
Outside the complex itself there is Fleetwood town centre which has some good shops & a great market. There is also the Freeport shopping centre, both of which are only about 1 mile away. We got a lot of our food shopping at the large Asda supermarket, opposite the Freeport.
Food on the site is quite reasonable, they do breakfasts, lunches & evening meals, catering for all tastes.
All told we had a fabulous weekend & would definitely come to the same camp again.

2 Thank chucklebun
Andrew G, Manager at Cala Gran Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your brilliant feedback!

We were particularly pleased to read that you had chosen Cala Gran to spend your first ever caravan holiday and that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Your comments regarding Danny have been passed onto him directly with great appreciation. It’s always great to read positive comments about our dedicated team and this creates a real high sense of praise and value amongst them – thank you!

We also love seeing pictures capturing our Guests holiday moments – your grandson looked like he had loads of fun, especially with the activities. It's also nice to see that the “great British sunshine” made an appearance during your stay too!

We hope that your stay with us will encourage you to visit us again in the near future; it would be great to welcome you back to Cala Gran very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

only bad thing was i ordered a southen fried chicken combo amd the chicken was fried inthe same oil as the scampy so it tasted of fish and it did not feed afamily of four caravan was very clean as was the park staff are helpfull

• Stayed April 2013
Andrew G, Manager at Cala Gran Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Good Morning,

It is great to read your feedback.

As always we love to read about our guest’s experiences and thank you for your high rating. We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Please feel free to contact us at the Park should you need any assistance, whatever it may be.

The Cala Gran Management Team
Ripon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

We booked using the £9.50 holidays in mid April for the weekend(fri-mon), taking 3 kids(2 teenagers and 5yr old), me husband and best mate who is disabled. We arrived earlier than stated, as have been stuck in traffic in the past and thought we would beat the rush. On arriving was told caravan wasn't ready but we did expect that. The person on reception said we could use the park facilities whilst we wait. The girls went in the pool, when was told the caravan was ready we found out we had been given a free upgrade from standard to prestige, the caravan was clean odd mark on sofa but nothing to complain about. The park is small compared to other haven we have stayed at but the stay was just as good. We did go to the show bar one night the older girls enjoyed dancing especially Adam made the girls have a laugh and made our night. My 5year old did archery and Danny was also a star has time for the little ones and my little girl was made up she popped the balloon on the target and Danny gave her a free go on the trampoline. We would stay here again as we cant fault the park and staff one bit

1 Thank Julie B
Good Morning,

Thank you for a lovely review.

It is great to read about your experiences and hopefully we can welcome you back very soon.

We are more than happy to be contacted at the Park direct if you would like any further assistance.

The Management Team at Cala Gran
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I have recently frequented this establishment and can honestly say I wouldn't never ever come back even with a loaded gun to my head. Which is a shame because I will say the caravan was very clean despite a smell of blocked drains which resolved very quickly after opening the windows. We had a few issues with the tv and gas which we resolved very quickly.

As for the staff in the bar,fun time shop and fun stars I can honestly say I have never come across such bad customer service. I was here on a working holiday supporting my client who has learning difficulties. This being the case we are required by company policy and care quality standards to keep a log and recites for all purchases made by put client to prevent financial abuse. Whenever we asked for one we were greeted with a range of excuses why we couldn't have one and where made to feel like an inconvenience not a paying guest!

When the vending machine broke it took us 15mins to final get someone to assist us as everyone we asked says it was someone else's responsibility. It then transpired the the member of staff we first asked had the keys but obviously didn't want to help the weird guy with his 'funny behaviours'. Not the attitude I would of expected towards disabled people in this day and age. The disabled toilet facilities where appalling. Those that had locks didn't have toilet seats and those that had didn't have locks!

As for the fun stars their attitude towards us from day 1 has been absolutely appalling. When I arrived I was shocked to a funstar I had met 2 years previously on another holiday in Filey during which time she made numerous homophobic comments towards my self and my partner to the extent that my partner was so distressed so had to be given sedatives and we left early. I was disappointed that my complaints had not been taken seriously but I decided to make a fresh start. Shame she didn't have other ideas. For the start of the holiday she was extremely rude and hostile towards myself, my client and my colleague resulting in her making numerous remarks and comments again of an insulting nature. After a few days I decided to complain to which I received a response for her colleague via twitter. It stated at cala gran we say if u haven't got anything positive to say do t say anything at all - great team great manager! I hardly think so and I don't expect to be made to feel guilty for complaining about poor service when that is a customers statutory right. In the end it got so bad we could t exactly enjoy the final nights entertainment because we made to feel so unwelcome by all the fun stars making snide comments which caused some distress. I found all of them to be highly unprofessional and I would have serious concerns about leaving my young nieces and nephews with these types of people.

During a trip to the spa the assistant manager made some derogatory comments to my colleague about the fact that someone with learning disabilities had dared to use their shop without actually realising she was with him. Not a great move!

However there where some small positives and some members off staff were helpful and friendly. The Irish security guard extremely friendly and went out of his way to assist us in any way he could. It's just a shame the other staff couldn't follow his example. The only plus side to come out of this is that due his cognitive impairment my client didn't realise that this was happening which while not spoiling his enjoyment only served to worsen my opinion of the staff here as I think it's disgusting that people would think it acceptable to treat a vulnerable person in this way.

We will be returning to Blackpool as we loved that side of the holiday but we will never return to another haven park!

4 Thank Evansdriver
Andrew G, Manager at Cala Gran Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I want to assure you that your comments are very highly valued as we are absolutely committed to ensuring that each of our Guests has the most memorable and enjoyable stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies that your holiday experience did not meet your expectations. This is especially taking into consideration that fact that you have holidayed at other Haven parks in recent years.

We welcome just over 18,000 families through our gates each season and we understand that each and every one of our single guests is an individual, each with their own needs and expectations. And as a park dedicated to offering fantastic family memories, insulting behaviour is certainly not something that we condone.

We do wish to look into this further for you and so urge you to please contact us directly at park. Our Customer Care team has no log of your experiences, and we would like to understand the full situation so that we can work to resolve this.

I was pleased that the maintenance issues that were reported by you were swiftly rectified. I have also passed your comments of praise onto the member of our Security team that you mentioned with great appreciation – thank you!

In the meantime, we want to work extremely hard to restore your faith in Haven and I hope that you can give us the opportunity to do so!
Ayr, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

We have just returned from Cala Gran holiday park on sunday(14th April).I was on a break away for my sons 16th birhday surprise... pleasure beach on the Saturday&madame tussauds on the Sunday( with my son&my sister)We were booked on a sun holidays deal&were upgraded free to a deluxe caravan,....it was stunning,clean&cozy with the fab decor/ heating system...fantastic!The customer service/entertainment team were very nice/polite ....quick check in no fuss or quibbles.The park was quiet,well maintained&the staff all work very hard to make your break away enjoyable&fun.A great holiday had by all...the only down side is that we had to leave early to drive back to Scotland as i had work &my son had school on the Monday morning :-( we will defo be returning in the future....thanks again Haven&sun holidays:-)

Room Tip: if travelling as a family&heading into Blackpool for the day&night...dont drive let the bus...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Andrew G, Manager at Cala Gran Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you for your brilliant feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the caravan exceeded your expectations in comfort!

It sounds like you chose to see some great attractions in Blackpool too – we really hope that your son enjoyed his birthday celebrations!

All of our team really value your great feedback and we were really pleased that you are considering returning to Cala Gran again in the future. We look forward to welcoming back you and your family very soon!
lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

we stayed fri-mon on the 5th april with the sun holidays tokens.got a lovely immaculate van really close to amenities.site was spotless and a quick easy check in helped to the start of the weekend.went over to farmer parrs which was good value at only £5.50 entrance charge then had tea at the sizzling pub chain gardeners arms which was very reasonable.kids played football and joined in with fencing lessons which they loved! had a great time its what you make it,you dont get made to stay in the arcades or the louder showbar so dont sit in them and moan!

• Stayed April 2013
Andrew G, Manager at Cala Gran Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Fantastic feedback! We were delighted to read that you and your family had a great stay with us! It was good to read that your children really enjoyed the fencing lessons in particular.

Your comments have been passed on to our team with great appreciation – thank you!

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Cala Gran in the near future!

The Cala Gran Management Team
Manchester, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We have just returned from Cala Gran on Friday last week (5th April) and thought it was only fair to give feedback on our positive experience. I travelled with my fiance and our 3 children aged 10, 6 and 11 months. We initially booked a Superior caravan but upgraded to a Delux caravan a few days prior to our arrival as the price was the same - Haven Customer Services price matched this which resulted in a £30 refund plus the upgrade - no quibbles or any back-tracking, just honest excellent customer service. Upon arrival, we were greeted at 3pm by a friendly lady who turned our check-in around extremely quickly - we were given precise instructions how to find our caravan and where to park. When I entered the caravan, there was a distinct smelling of smoke - as an asthmatic I could not take the risk of staying in a caravan where previous guests had ignored the 'no smoking' requests. Reception were extremely helpful providing me with another key within 5 minutes of me returning to a Delux Plus. This caravan was perfect and had the added bonus of heating in the bedrooms - definitely worth paying the extra money next time if going when the nights are still chilly! We found the park to be very well kept and quiet - we didn't experience any inconsiderate guests. We didn't really make use of the evening entertainment due to our 11 month year old, but our older 2 children really enjoyed the amusements, soft play and outdoor play area. We used the swimming pool once and the only negative thing I would say about it was insufficient changing rooms. We ate at the Mash and Barrel twice - once for lunch and once for breakfast. Both times the food was lovely and would say it is priced fairly. I went to the Spar a couple of times which we expected to not hold a large variety of brands - Morrisons is only a 5 minute drive if that. On one of the days, we caught a bus to Broadwater (2 stops from the bus stop opposite the entrance) and got the tram into Blackpool - a family all day ticket cost £9 which we thought was very reasonable. Our children were very sad to leave and we will be looking to book again for Easter next year. We preferred this site to Primrose Valley as it is smaller.

Room Tip: We stayed at '3 Stannah' which was very quiet. Upgrade to a Delux Plus when the weather is...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Andrew G, Manager at Cala Gran Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you for your review.

Brilliant to read your lovely feedback.

As a team we would still like to apologise that you had the inconvenience of having to be re-located to alternate accommodation due to previous occupants having smoked in the accommodation. We do however thank you for being so understanding and are delighted that you found your new accommodation to be suitable for your requirements.

We do also have the Prestige grade of accommodation that has heating in the bedrooms. All 2013 models do also have double glazing and central heating of which we have a select amount of Superior, Deluxe Plus & Prestige models that can be guaranteed for a small supplement dependant on availability.

Naturally we will discuss and pass onto the relevant departments all items you have highlighted and do our very best to rectify what we can for our future holidaymakers and thank you again for a great review.

Hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

The Management Team at Cala Gran.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fleetwood
The Big Blue Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,026 reviews
Clifton Court Hotel
Clifton Court Hotel
#4 of 72 in Blackpool

Been to Cala Gran Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!