“Great weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fleetwood
Cala Gran Holiday Park - Haven
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great weekend”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Just came back from our williams syndrome weekender at cala gran . All the staff where great with the children and took time to speak with them all . Our caravan was spotlessly clean as was the site . Big thank you to the entertainment manager and her staff for the private party on the Sunday all the children had a fabulous time . We are hoping to hold our williams syndrome weekender here next year , hope to see you all again .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dawn Q
Adam W, Manager at Cala Gran Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Hi Dawn,
Great to see you all had a brilliant time whilst on site. Lovely to see you found the team were great with the children. We do have a guest focused team who are here to deliver wonderful holidays. The entertainments team enjoyed doing the afternoon session and are delighted to have the opportunity to do so.
Thank you very much for your review and we will see you next year.

Holiday Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned after our Williams Syndrome Weekender at Gala Gran. All staff were very friendly nothing was too much trouble all took time to speak to our children, a special thank you to the entertainment manager and her team for putting on a fantastic private party on Sunday for our children everyone really enjoyed it!! As for the site no issues with our caravan it was spotless clean same for the site always very clean. Must say never had a problem getting served in the showbar or mash & barrel even throughout the late England game. Agree with another reviewer regarding the play area that needs looking at but this did not spoil our weekend. No strange smells as some have reported. This Haven is more suitable to younger children also people with mobility issues as the site is mostly flat. I would not hesitate booking this site again for our next weekender!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Red_dave00
Hi Dave,

Brilliant to see you all enjoyed our site. I have passed on your thanks to Sticks, Entertainments Manager. She was delighted to be able to host a little private function and said it was a brilliant afternoon. We are here to deliver the best possible holidays and we love to do the extra little things that make all the difference.

Great to see you accommodation was also 5 star and the service whilst on the site was attentive and friendly. I have looked in to the park areas and these are all fully functioning and as always, we are looking to add more in soon.
Thank you very much for your review and I hope to see you all back soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have just had a lovely week end at Cala Gran, It was the venue picked for the Williams Syndrome week end and the whole family booked to go ( 13 of us) the party included my mum & dad and I needed to upgrade to an assisted caravan, this wasn't. Problem, we got a lovely 2 bed double glazed central heated caravan with an adapted bathroom. Plenty of room for a wheelchair, nice and clean. The rest of the family were in two 3 bedroom caravans which where also very nice with plenty of room.

The grounds are well kept and the whole park is clean, there is a store on site open 7-10pm a Papa Johns Pizza and a restaurant. We had a good meal at the restaurant on the Saturday evening, but wasn't impressed with the Carvery on the Sunday, the vegetables were cold.

All the staff were pleasant and it is a great place for kids, nice swimming pool, character shows early evening plenty of outdoor play areas and of course an arcade!!

Room Tip: Can be quite noisy if your in a caravan near the entertainment centre
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan S
Hi Susan,
Lovely to see you all had a lovely weekend with us. It was a pleasure to be able to welcome so many people to our site and I hope you all enjoyed the afternoon entertainment on Sunday.
It is lovely to read you found our site to be a clean and friendly site. Our team are here to make our guests happy and our park a great one. I will be circulating your feedback to the team for them all to take pride in knowing another family appreciate their work.
Thank you for the review and I trust we will see you back to Cala Gran soon.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

A superb family park which is just in the right location.
No louts or litter and very modern amenities. Loads of stuff for the kids of all ages. I'm 42 I wanted to do the climbing wall!!
Blackpool and fleetwood are close by so if you want plastic pound rubbish and your bank balance bashing then your not far away.
Superb caravans again super modern and well appointed.

Security roll around at night which is reassuring, not that I saw anything that required security.

Book, pack and get here it's great!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hi Rob,
A short and very sweet review. Great to read you had a great time whilst at Cala Gran Holiday Park. We are a clean, friendly and well based holiday park. The facilities have been invested in over recent years and the climbing wall is a great addition to the park. (even suitable for the bigger kids)

Thank you for the great review and we hope to have you booking, packing and getting back here.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We've just come back today from this site.I took my mum,auntie and 4 year old daughter.Firstly I have to say we love haven sites and usually stay at Marton mere but thought we'd have a change.We won't be going back here.We only booked standard caravan but on arrival on Friday it was clean although very very dated.The van had defiantly seen better days.There was a hole in the table with bits sticking up and the remote control was split in half.Then we discovered that we only had 2 pillows between the 4 of us,also 2 duvets which were filthy.I quickly rang reception and was promised that they would be replaced...nobody came.So I rang the next morning and was told that they'd probably run out..All the toilets stunk and weren't tended to...I tried to get served at the bar in the mash n barrel several times and it was appalling.Every time I went there was only 1 serving with 10 deep.People were kicking off all of the time because the service was so poor.There was no system for a queue so people were pushing in all of the time..The main outdoor park for the children was padlocked and cable tied up.Children were climbing over the walls to get in.The seesaw was badly taped up but kids were still going on it.Parents were throwing their kids in then wandering off which after a while their children became hysterical because they couldn't get out.Ridiculous for a kids park with no proper play area for them.The entertainment for the kids was boring,my little one wanted to go back to the caravan to watch tv after a short while.Shocking site

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank deborah f
Hi Deborah,

I am extremely shocked to read you and your family had a disappointing holiday whilst on our site. I am sorry you found the accommodation to fall short of our usual high standards. We invest a lot of money in to our accommodation and believe in delivering fantastic holiday accommodation.
I do apologise about the queues at our bar and restaurant. This has been discussed with Konrad, Complex Manager, and he is reviewing the rota system to ensure the team levels are right for the people wanting to use our facilities.
I am sorry we have let you and the family down.

Lancashire
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed here Friday-Monday at the end of May. This was our first time in a caravan. We had booked via Sun holidays so it was a standard 2 bedroom caravan. Our check in was 4pm and it would have been nice to get in before then as we had to wait around quite a while, but once in we were really pleasantly surprised. The caravan was lovely and clean, spacious with grill, oven, microwave, toaster & kettle. We were in Wyre Court and were only a very short distance from the main area.

We enjoyed the swimming and the slide, my eldest son LOVED the chance to shoot a rifle and they both spent hours in the sports area at the back playing football with a big group of children. Everywhere was clean and tidy and plenty of places to park.

We were very lucky with the weather which was a real bonus. We drove down to the beach at Cleveleys on the Sunday. It was only a 5-10 minute drive and was really relaxing and pretty. Free port Shopping and Asda are also only a 5 minute drive away. If you don't want to venture out there's a small Spar onsite.

We only watched a bit of the evening entertainment. The bands were good and the people all looked to be having a good time.

The staff are the friendliest I have met anywhere - both the ladies on reception and the lads in the pool entrance. Nothing is too much trouble.

All-in-all a great short break at a brilliant park. Thank you Haven and everyone at Cala Gran!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank dawnie01
Hi Dawnie,

Wow – 5 stars. Thank you very much for the great review.
A fabulous review for us to read. I can speak on behalf of all the friendly staff at Cala Gran when I say we really appreciate your kind comments. To be the friendliest staff ever met is a wonderful section to read.

You seemed to have explored a lot locally and I will agree, Cleveleys is a wonderful little seaside town. It is certainly a place to escape from the hussle and bussle of daily life. I hope you had a few ice creams whilst on holiday.

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review, I have enjoyed reading it.

Heanor, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Well on arriving at site (booked through the Sun Paper) I was greeted with a strange smell all over the site which must have been coming from a nearby factory unit? On getting booked in which was
' first class service' we then set about finishing the cleaning in the van, food on the seating area (seating very worn), sink all stained brown, windows/mirrors covered in finger prints, (were talking basic here) no point in reporting as we have in the past on other Haven sites, this only gets pushed under the carpet with the rest of the rubbish. So this time I'm writing it on Tripadviser for all to see. We had a basic van ( not upgraded) the van itself as passed it's sell by date and in my view should be it's last season on site or some money spent on it. The smell on site as been mentioned in a previous report on Tripadviser last year so it is plain to see nothing as ever been done about it. Didn't have entertainment passes this time (we wouldn't use them enough to get value for money) so we went into Fleetwood for our meals, Haven still think eating is classed as 'Entertainment'? There loss, same goes for the slot machines, shouldn't have to pay for 'Entertainment passes' to lose money on there machines, this is not entertainment, (cant see the wood for the trees comes to mind).
We asked at reception for a bus time table into Blackpool, looking at us if we had two heads wondering why we needed to leave the site? Sorry we don't have any.??
The site itself overall looks quite nice/clean and a good base for Fleetwood and Blackpool. Some of the vans are looking old and in need of replacement which in some cases were close together for my liking which maybe breaking fire regulations, the van we were in was only a few feet apart at the rear of van (Rossall court 35a).
Overall the break Monday-Friday was basic yet enjoyable spoiled by a van in need of a good clean. We did not expect a first class van with not upgrading but we did expect it CLEAN,
Having spent many holidays now using the Sun Promotion on many different sites around the country I'm finding Park Resorts are now way in front in upgrading there sites with new vans, new overall layouts and cleaner vans, again we are talking basic here it's not rocket science.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stewart C
Hi Stewart,

Very sorry to read your holiday fell in holiday satisfaction after your first class check in. We would have loved to hear your feedback as we do action upon feedback. With all feedback, the Cala Gran team change or adapt where issues are arising as we want to keep delivering first class accommodation and holidays.

Please accept my apologies for the accommodation having cleanliness issues. I agree windows and mirrors are basics that our team have missed. I will be using your feedback in our next team meeting to reiterate the importance of our cleaners work and the effect it has on our guests.

Passes are optional on some holiday bookings. The facilities are available for guests’ staying on park and the way to monitor the people coming to use our facilities is with the use of a pass or band system. We would not like to see our facilities becoming too full because of people not staying on site and travelling in from the local area.

I am happy to read you did find the site to be a clean and a good base for the local area. I thank you for your review and as a site we appreciate your feedback.

Many thanks,
Holiday Experience Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fleetwood
Big Blue Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,058 reviews
Clifton Court Hotel
Clifton Court Hotel
#4 of 70 in Blackpool

Been to Cala Gran Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!