“Brilliant time had by all!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fleetwood
Cala Gran Holiday Park - Haven
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant time had by all!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We’ve just spent a week at Cala Gran and I must say we had a great time!

We stayed in a 3 bed room superior caravan which was very clean and tidy with all the essentials required. On arrival we were greeted by a member of the security who directed us to reception to check in. The staff on reception were great; extremely friendly and helpful – we were seen to straight away and given our keys and information leaflets including a park map with our caravan marked on it. I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth the check in was. We went to reception a few times throughout our stay and on every occasion we were greeted with a friendly smile and all the help we needed with no hassle. We bought tickets for the local attractions in Blackpool from the site as they do discounted tickets and you save loads, so if you’re planning to go to the Tower etc. I would definitely wait and get your tickets from Cala Gran as they can be used on the day of purchase.

The site itself is lovely and clean and well maintained with the usual amenities you see on all Haven sites such as the Spar store, Papa Johns and Mash and Barrel. Papa Johns is a great place to eat and they did some good deals for families. We tried the Mash and Barrel which was nice but a little overpriced. The spar store too was overpriced for certain things but very handy with long opening hours. There’s a bus stop right outside the park which can take you into Blackpool and Fleetwood, although we always drove to places as parking in Blackpool was not that expensive. There’s a retail park about a mile and a half up the road, which has Mcdonalds, an ASDA and other shops, which I believe can also be reached by bus.

The entertainment on site was good for all the family. The Funstars were all brilliant, I can’t fault any of them, and I particularly liked Kat. She’s a brilliant singer and a fab presenter when doing the kids shows and adult game shows, we had some great laughs – Although we didn’t win any bubbly! ;) The bar staff and security are also friendly and happy to help. The security drove round during the night which I found reassuring.

The site does have a play park for the little ones although I thought the part of the site we were in lacked grassy areas for other games but still lots to keep everyone occupied. We didn’t try the swimming pool but it looked nice and the outdoor splash zone looked very refreshing for the kids (and adults) in the hot weather.

The site overall is really pleasant and we will definitely be returning. Well done Cala Gran!

3 Thank 658mighty9
Adam W, Manager at Cala Gran Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
What a fabulous review. A good start leads the way to an extremely enjoyable holiday. I am extremely happy you found the check in to be smooth and with a smile. The reception team are driven by guest’s satisfaction and I have a wonderful team who have the best attitude. They are real gems.

We are based in a great location as we have everything you would need for an enjoyable family holiday. The attraction discounts can be huge saving and well worth buying from us. A few extra pounds in your back pocket. 

The site does have a lot to offer and the Papa John’s takeaway is one of the best tasting pizzas. My waistband is telling me I have had a few too many of these recently. It is great to see the family enjoyed the entertainment and the shows. Kat has a great voice and is loved by many. She will be overjoyed to hear your comments.
Thank you very much for your review and we hope to see you next year.
Holiday Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Just came back from our williams syndrome weekender at cala gran . All the staff where great with the children and took time to speak with them all . Our caravan was spotlessly clean as was the site . Big thank you to the entertainment manager and her staff for the private party on the Sunday all the children had a fabulous time . We are hoping to hold our williams syndrome weekender here next year , hope to see you all again .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dawn Q
Hi Dawn,
Great to see you all had a brilliant time whilst on site. Lovely to see you found the team were great with the children. We do have a guest focused team who are here to deliver wonderful holidays. The entertainments team enjoyed doing the afternoon session and are delighted to have the opportunity to do so.
Thank you very much for your review and we will see you next year.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned after our Williams Syndrome Weekender at Gala Gran. All staff were very friendly nothing was too much trouble all took time to speak to our children, a special thank you to the entertainment manager and her team for putting on a fantastic private party on Sunday for our children everyone really enjoyed it!! As for the site no issues with our caravan it was spotless clean same for the site always very clean. Must say never had a problem getting served in the showbar or mash & barrel even throughout the late England game. Agree with another reviewer regarding the play area that needs looking at but this did not spoil our weekend. No strange smells as some have reported. This Haven is more suitable to younger children also people with mobility issues as the site is mostly flat. I would not hesitate booking this site again for our next weekender!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Red_dave00
Hi Dave,

Brilliant to see you all enjoyed our site. I have passed on your thanks to Sticks, Entertainments Manager. She was delighted to be able to host a little private function and said it was a brilliant afternoon. We are here to deliver the best possible holidays and we love to do the extra little things that make all the difference.

Great to see you accommodation was also 5 star and the service whilst on the site was attentive and friendly. I have looked in to the park areas and these are all fully functioning and as always, we are looking to add more in soon.
Thank you very much for your review and I hope to see you all back soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have just had a lovely week end at Cala Gran, It was the venue picked for the Williams Syndrome week end and the whole family booked to go ( 13 of us) the party included my mum & dad and I needed to upgrade to an assisted caravan, this wasn't. Problem, we got a lovely 2 bed double glazed central heated caravan with an adapted bathroom. Plenty of room for a wheelchair, nice and clean. The rest of the family were in two 3 bedroom caravans which where also very nice with plenty of room.

The grounds are well kept and the whole park is clean, there is a store on site open 7-10pm a Papa Johns Pizza and a restaurant. We had a good meal at the restaurant on the Saturday evening, but wasn't impressed with the Carvery on the Sunday, the vegetables were cold.

All the staff were pleasant and it is a great place for kids, nice swimming pool, character shows early evening plenty of outdoor play areas and of course an arcade!!

Room Tip: Can be quite noisy if your in a caravan near the entertainment centre
1 Thank Susan S
Hi Susan,
Lovely to see you all had a lovely weekend with us. It was a pleasure to be able to welcome so many people to our site and I hope you all enjoyed the afternoon entertainment on Sunday.
It is lovely to read you found our site to be a clean and friendly site. Our team are here to make our guests happy and our park a great one. I will be circulating your feedback to the team for them all to take pride in knowing another family appreciate their work.
Thank you for the review and I trust we will see you back to Cala Gran soon.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

A superb family park which is just in the right location.
No louts or litter and very modern amenities. Loads of stuff for the kids of all ages. I'm 42 I wanted to do the climbing wall!!
Blackpool and fleetwood are close by so if you want plastic pound rubbish and your bank balance bashing then your not far away.
Superb caravans again super modern and well appointed.

Security roll around at night which is reassuring, not that I saw anything that required security.

Book, pack and get here it's great!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hi Rob,
A short and very sweet review. Great to read you had a great time whilst at Cala Gran Holiday Park. We are a clean, friendly and well based holiday park. The facilities have been invested in over recent years and the climbing wall is a great addition to the park. (even suitable for the bigger kids)

Thank you for the great review and we hope to have you booking, packing and getting back here.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We've just come back today from this site.I took my mum,auntie and 4 year old daughter.Firstly I have to say we love haven sites and usually stay at Marton mere but thought we'd have a change.We won't be going back here.We only booked standard caravan but on arrival on Friday it was clean although very very dated.The van had defiantly seen better days.There was a hole in the table with bits sticking up and the remote control was split in half.Then we discovered that we only had 2 pillows between the 4 of us,also 2 duvets which were filthy.I quickly rang reception and was promised that they would be replaced...nobody came.So I rang the next morning and was told that they'd probably run out..All the toilets stunk and weren't tended to...I tried to get served at the bar in the mash n barrel several times and it was appalling.Every time I went there was only 1 serving with 10 deep.People were kicking off all of the time because the service was so poor.There was no system for a queue so people were pushing in all of the time..The main outdoor park for the children was padlocked and cable tied up.Children were climbing over the walls to get in.The seesaw was badly taped up but kids were still going on it.Parents were throwing their kids in then wandering off which after a while their children became hysterical because they couldn't get out.Ridiculous for a kids park with no proper play area for them.The entertainment for the kids was boring,my little one wanted to go back to the caravan to watch tv after a short while.Shocking site

1 Thank deborah f
Hi Deborah,

I am extremely shocked to read you and your family had a disappointing holiday whilst on our site. I am sorry you found the accommodation to fall short of our usual high standards. We invest a lot of money in to our accommodation and believe in delivering fantastic holiday accommodation.
I do apologise about the queues at our bar and restaurant. This has been discussed with Konrad, Complex Manager, and he is reviewing the rota system to ensure the team levels are right for the people wanting to use our facilities.
I am sorry we have let you and the family down.

Lancashire
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed here Friday-Monday at the end of May. This was our first time in a caravan. We had booked via Sun holidays so it was a standard 2 bedroom caravan. Our check in was 4pm and it would have been nice to get in before then as we had to wait around quite a while, but once in we were really pleasantly surprised. The caravan was lovely and clean, spacious with grill, oven, microwave, toaster & kettle. We were in Wyre Court and were only a very short distance from the main area.

We enjoyed the swimming and the slide, my eldest son LOVED the chance to shoot a rifle and they both spent hours in the sports area at the back playing football with a big group of children. Everywhere was clean and tidy and plenty of places to park.

We were very lucky with the weather which was a real bonus. We drove down to the beach at Cleveleys on the Sunday. It was only a 5-10 minute drive and was really relaxing and pretty. Free port Shopping and Asda are also only a 5 minute drive away. If you don't want to venture out there's a small Spar onsite.

We only watched a bit of the evening entertainment. The bands were good and the people all looked to be having a good time.

The staff are the friendliest I have met anywhere - both the ladies on reception and the lads in the pool entrance. Nothing is too much trouble.

All-in-all a great short break at a brilliant park. Thank you Haven and everyone at Cala Gran!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank dawnie01
Hi Dawnie,

Wow – 5 stars. Thank you very much for the great review.
A fabulous review for us to read. I can speak on behalf of all the friendly staff at Cala Gran when I say we really appreciate your kind comments. To be the friendliest staff ever met is a wonderful section to read.

You seemed to have explored a lot locally and I will agree, Cleveleys is a wonderful little seaside town. It is certainly a place to escape from the hussle and bussle of daily life. I hope you had a few ice creams whilst on holiday.

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review, I have enjoyed reading it.

Holiday Experience Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fleetwood
Big Blue Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,058 reviews
Clifton Court Hotel
Clifton Court Hotel
#4 of 70 in Blackpool

Been to Cala Gran Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!