“Birthday Lunch.”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fleetwood
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Birthday Lunch.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have just got back from having my birthday lunch at this hotel I was very surprised at how good it was. We had the set priced lunch menu at £12.95 for 3 courses, Stared with the Chicken liver pate this was extremely tasty and it was served with a balsamic reduction and a mango sauce. Then my partner had the roast beef dinner and I had the roast pork dinner this again was very good hand sliced think slices of both meats served with real buttery mash potatoes and roast potatoes my apple gravy was very good with the pork and served with a dish of hot vegetables loved the braised red cabbage have not had that for a while then onto dessert I had the cheese and biscuits which was great and my partner had the chocolate fudge cake which was yummy. We had a bottle of rose and sparkling water and the bill was a amazing £42.60 WOW WOW and the service was great the waiting staff were fast and polite we will be going again and again.

Room Tip: when booking the bay restaurant ask for a table over looking the estuary.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Valerie M
NorthEustonHotel, Manager at North Euston Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We're very glad you had a lovely time on such a special occasion. We look forward to seeing you again. And a happy Birthday from everyone at The North Euston.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Epping, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Good position overlooking the sea. Large en suite room with a comfortable bed. Tea provided as a welcome. Restaurant supplied good sized meals. Car parking facilities secure and convenient. Corridor carpets in need of upgrading in places. Some floorboards in our room were quite noisy and a window rattled at night. (A peg was provided to stop this!)
Overall, a pleasant stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
NorthEustonHotel, Manager at North Euston Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
We're very sorry your otherwise pleasant stay was marred by the creaking floorboards and rattling windows. As I'm sure your aware the building is quite old and due to its listed status we are unable to change the windows, however we are currently refurbishing so hopefully next time you shouldn't find any problems
Wiral UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here for 1 night 29th June, a very tired looking and dated hotel from the moment you walk inside. Even worse when you enter the corridors - 1950 / 60s dated red flowery wallpaper and red carpets everywhere and white (yellowish) wallpaper on the ceilings.
Rooms are equally dated, old fashioned and poorly maintained - however they were clean and the bedding was immaculate - thank you.
Breakfast was the usual cereal or cooked - majority of cooked breakfast was from microwave

Room Tip: I believe there are some rooms which have recently been decorated - try for a sea view room otherwis...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
NorthEustonHotel, Manager at North Euston Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
We are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are aware the hotel is in need of modernisation and there is a steady plan to refurbish all the bedrooms. We do agree the corridor paper is definately dated and we would love to re do as soon as possible but the corridors will alter as the rooms get done so we are being patient. We do feel however the low score of three is unfair as our hotel has an excellent housekeeping staff that hold a high standard for cleanliness. And with regard to the breakfast we do not use microwaves and we're sorry you got that impression.
Exeter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The staff were friendly. The hotel curves around the end of fleetwood, overlooks the wind farm and I had a beautiful sunset. The hotels exterior is lovely. You could see how previously the hotel would have been grand, but now is tired and would benefit from some fresh paint, and restoration. My room was clean and the bed was comfy. I was cold and couldn't control the temp in my room, just an old beautiful radiator switched off. Some extra clothes and a blanket and slept well, even though there was a wedding on, I couldn't hear the party. I was disappointed with the cooked breakfast.
The main disappointment for me was that the bathroom was dated, and the shower came from the taps, whatever way I tried I couldn't get the shower temp to be normal. It was too hot to stand underneath. Even tried putting on the cold first but still too hot. When I cleaned my teeth hot water came out of the cold tap! Luckily was only one night.
Parking was good. Bar was reasonable, would benefit from some dimmer switches, mood lighting.
The hotel is charming in its own way, a bit quirky. I would stay again, but would make sure the plumbing was fixed!

Room Tip: Ask for good plumbing!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 1Dawnie72
Thank you for taking to time to review the hotel. We're very sorry you had a problem with the hot water, it was mentioned on check out and we have already corrected the issue adding a new thermostatic shower. With regard to the heating its very difficult to judge which nights to leave on the heating within summer months as British weather has a mind of its own, but reception do have a quantity of heaters or fans to make your room more comfortable. We would love to see you again please ask if there's anything we can get for you in the future
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night. Great sea view room. Hotel has a nice atmosphere. The bar is good with reasonable prices. Breakfast was good.

Rooms & corridors need modernising & some TLC. There are lots of fabulous period features which you can imagine in it's prime were stunning.

Overall a nice stay made even better by the warm & friendly staff.

Would stay again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Guartie
NorthEustonHotel, Manager at North Euston Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you for your kind words, we love to hear when someone enjoys there stay with us. We understand your comments regarding modernisation and we are working hard to revive the Hotel to its former glory. Were glad the staff made you feel so welcome. We look forward to seeing you again.
St. Annes-on-Sea, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I took my wife for a night here as my mum and step father used to be regulars some years ago and at that time it was truly excellent. The North Euston Hotel has a very impressive heritage and looks fantastic in its superb seafront location. However the initial positive assessment was soon to be totally destroyed once we entered our room.

A cracked window patched over with sticky tape, stains on the carpet, holes in the curtains, wallpaper peeling off and a dirty shower head were some of the horrors that were to await us! Added to these was a lingering aroma that possibly emanated from the kitchens, and all to the accompaniment of the loud warm-up music for a reception downstairs. As someone who was talking his wife away for a 'special' surprise weekend, this was all acutely embarrassing!

A request to Reception to change rooms was declined due to the hotel being "full", although there was an offer to book us into a superior room next time. This however did nothing to make the here and now any better, although the gentleman clearly had no other option at that stage.

The evening meal at The Bay restaurant within the hotel was also vastly inferior to a previous meal there over a decade ago. Limp salad, stale-tasting bread with the pate and Cumberland sauce totally absent despite being shown on the menu just added insult to injury in a visit that was now looking increasingly doomed. Breakfast was no better due to the horribly cheap-tasting sausages that neither my wife or myself were able to finish.

Some elements of the meals were tasty and the restaurant staff were attentive and polite, however by this point any hope of this being a successful stay had been totally lost. A single female guest, upon being asked for her room number at breakfast, stated that she didn't have one. "You must be in the posh room as it has a name rather than a number", was the reply. The lady hadn't even been aware of the specially appointed room she had the good fortune of being placed in. In what appears to be a total lottery, we were clearly shoved into the worst room in the hotel. For the £119 that I paid this is nothing short of a total insult.

On checking out I again made my dissatisfaction clearly known, but was met with an attitude that I can only describe as uncaring indifference and a blatant desire to just get our bar tab money out of us. This simply put the seal on what was a truly appalling stay. Earlier generations of ownership would be horrified to see the awful standards of their historic hotel in 2014. This was, without doubt, the most horrendous hotel visit we have ever had the misfortune of experiencing.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheTideWatcher
NorthEustonHotel, Manager at North Euston Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
After reading reading your review we would like to sincerely apologise for any upset and inconvenience you encountered during your stay with us. We do appreciate honest feedback from our customers and we endeavour to utilise the information given to us to improve our standards and services for future guests. We do hope to see you again in the future to prove we really are still a great hotel. You may or may not be aware we are in the middle of a steady refurbishment program it is a slow process but we are getting there. Hope fully it will not deter you from returning.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Here's a really honest review. My husband and I had a couple of nights in this hotel last week. If you are used to very new, modern hotels then this one may disappoint you as it IS in need of a good refurbishment. However, if you can appreciate the hotel's rich history and it's peaceful setting you will enjoy it. The room we had was clean and adequate - I paid extra for the sea view and was glad I did as it was spectacular for sunrise and sunsets. The bed was very comfortable and the food was FAB. Everything we ate was delicious so our compliments to the chef. The waiting staff were gentle and friendly - service great overall. Fleetwood is quiet but that is how we wanted it - the town came to life on Sunday as the sun shone which was great to see. We booked the dinner, bed, & breakfast deal over a Fri and Sat and felt it was great value for money.

Room Tip: get a sea view!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank nessaraz
Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely comments, we really do appreciate honest feedback. Its always nice to hear when someone enjoys their time with us. We are very proud of our heritage we're glad you appreciated the hotels charms, we are in the process of a full refurbishment so hopefully if you visit us again it will be even better.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fleetwood
Savoy Hotel - Fleetwood
The Imperial Hotel
The Imperial Hotel
#27 of 72 in Blackpool
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,029 reviews

Been to North Euston Hotel? Share your experiences!