“2nd Stay”
Review of Backfold Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waddington
Backfold Cottage
Ranked #2 of 3 Waddington B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“2nd Stay”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I have often been back to places I liked the first time only to be disappointed but not so with Backfold Cottage. Went back for 2 nights w/end 22nd August 2014 and liked it even more. This has got to be the most delightful place I have ever stayed in. Quaintest lovely B & B and Trish goes out of her way to make you welcome. If you have not been go.

Room Tip: All have their own character.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SheenaM60

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Just returned from Bank Holiday stay at Blackfold Cottage, (my wife and I plus two more couples), and we thoroughly enjoyed this beautiful little cottage. It was very comfortable, central and the breakfast was fantastic. The owner, Trish Hargreaves made our stay, very enjoyable. We would have no hesitation recommending this lovely place to stay in this picturesque village. Full marks!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TD46
Bolton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed here overnight we were going to a wedding at Eaves Hall. All booked up at the hotel so we tried here, couldn't be more pleased! Trish most welcome and went out of her way. Lovely cosy feel and spotless,food excellent. Would use again and most definately recommend.

Room Tip: Don't expect massive rooms, this is a cottage! Very cosy
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here for one night due to a friends wedding at Eaves Hall. After an initial mix up with a room at another establishment Backfold Cottage was recommended to us and we are so glad that it was, the cottage was very traditional and beautifully kept in a lovely village. Trish the owner greeted us and showed us to our room and then offered us some tea and home made scones which we gratefully accepted and were delicious. Our room was the large double which was really nice and had everything you would expect of a bed and breakfast and more, there was a jar of biscuits, ample tea and coffee and a flask of fresh milk. Shampoo and shower gel was also made available, so glad it was as I had forgot to pack my shower gel! The bed was so comfortable and made for an excellent nights sleep. The breakfast was just amazing, so much choice and good, locally sourced produce of which you could really tell the difference in quality. Trish made us feel very welcome, I just sat downstairs and watched TV whilst my hubby who had just come off a night shift had a few hours sleep before we went out at night. Thanks so much Trish for your kind hospitality. I would definitely recommend Backfold to my friends and family and hopefully another stay for us in the near future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank malibushaz2016
Conwy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed 2 nights with friends and family as we were attending a wedding in the village. Before our stay I had asked Trisha if she could help me source a mobile hairdresser for the day of the wedding. She gave me 2 contacts and I was delighted to be able to organise to have my hair put up at Backfold Cottage. On arrival we were warmly welcomed with cake, scones , home made jam and a pot of tea which was a lovely start to our stay in Waddington. Our rooms were comfy and had fresh milk to make a cuppa with. There was also some biscuits and chocolate! Trisha let us put our cool bag ice blocks in her fridge and our wine, which was great for the day after. Both our breakfasts were hot, generous and tasty. Trisha showed a real interest in the wedding and took some photos of my husband walking the bride to church from the end of the street. She made what was a special event in our family extra special.A lovely host.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tiggybabe50
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at Backfold for only one night but will certainly be back for more. The location in the heart of the village was perfect and the accommodation was first class. We especially enjoyed the breakfast, prepared to order and presented beautifully, and also the helpfulness of Trish in ensuring we got to our son's friends' wedding on time. Her friendliness and professionalism could not have been better. We shall certainly be returning in the near future.

Room Tip: Be advised by Trish, the owner who was so helpful to ourselves.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeterandClare7
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed over for one night as we had a wedding at the inn at whitewell which was a half an hour drive away £20 in a taxi. We were met by trash who greeted us very warmly and showed us around and up to our room. The room was perfect for what we needed. We had enough room to get dressed and eat before heading to the wedding. There's no time you have to be back for and your given a key for the front door. Breakfast was beautiful locally sourced meat, yogurts etc which I love and trash couldn't do more for you. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to everyone

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sophie W
469Matahari, Manager at Backfold Cottage, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you SO much for your kind review but not so sure about my new name !!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waddington
The Old Posthouse Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newton-in-Bowland
The Red Pump Inn
The Red Pump Inn
#1 of 1 in Bashall Eaves

Been to Backfold Cottage? Share your experiences!