“Great place for a family reunion”
Review of Foxhill Barn B&B

Foxhill Barn B&B
Ranked #3 of 3 Gisburn B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We stayed at Foxhill this bank holiday weekend for the second year running and will be returning next year, which speaks for itself. It has so much going for it; not least the stunning panoramic views of Pendle Hill on one side and the Yorkshire Dales National Park on the other.
The place is immaculate and the hosts, Jan and Peter, as naturally welcoming as we have met anywhere. The guest room is a great facility in which to unwind at the end of a long day walking, in front of a blazing stove.
The breakfast was delicious and the the whole place was family friendly. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone, just not for the May Bank Holiday, as we will be there!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Since 15 years old I have been staying at Foxhill Barn for every half-term breaks. Now I'm a final year University student and I'm still planning on visiting it again! As an oversea student this place is literally ''A second home to me''. The warm fireplace, comfortable cushions on the sofa you could fall asleep right after the moment you sit on it, lovely animals to pet, spacious bedrooms and the fresh air on the hill surrounding the barn... If all that wasn't wonderful enough, Pete and Jan have been the best hosts around. Pete is a wonderful language teacher, pianist and chess player, always trying to keep his guests relaxed and entertained. And Jan, her cooking, which I will definitely miss so much after I have completed my oversea student life and returned to Taiwan. Choose other B&Bs if you want a good break, but don't ever miss out Foxhill Barn B&B if you want an amazing break.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Luke H
Reviewed 26 April 2013

This is one of the best B&B I've ever stayed! Spent three of my holiday there and can't wait to travel to that area so I could visit them again. The area's formed by beautiful landscape and stretches of green field. The property itself is nice cosy barn, though you couldn't really tell from the in side because of the fantastic job they did with the furnishing. The Owner Jane and Peter are super friendly. They make you feel like you're at home the minute you meet them. The rooms and sheets are spotless and so is the toilets (Jane is pretty serious about making sure everything clean for the guests). Most of he rooms are quite semiprecious with sufficient lighting. So is most toilets. The breakfast were diligently prepared and more than enough to keep you going for the whole morning. Overall, this is one of the best and friendliest B&B in Lancashire.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2013

This is my 7th year coming to Foxhill. I am an international student, and I started coming here for my half-terms when I was studying in a boarding school up north. I only studied there for a year, and then I moved down to a different school in Somerset. But because I LOVE Foxhill SOOO MUCH, for all my future half-terms I would take 4 hours train (even if had to change twice, I don't care) just to come up to stay with Pete, Jan, my friends from my old school and the animals (2 cats and a dog, Bobby, Socksy and Maddy) for a week. So Foxhill is basically one of the coziest place on earth, everything is clean and comfortable. They have amazing mattresses (they're all soooo soft! Yes, by now I've stayed in all of the rooms/ slept on all the beds) This is also where I watched all the Britain's Got Talents show. My favourite spot is by the fire, where I can drink tea, study and just relax. And Pete and Jan are just the two nicest human beings on earth. Jan is an excellent cook, and I'd probably gain 2 kilos everytime I'm here (I should be ashamed but I've accepted it). I used to try to learn how to cook and bake from her, but I'd just end up eating while she did all the cooking/ baking. And Pete is just a clever person who seems to know a bit of everything. He taught me how to do the Rubik's cube, and occasionally, we'd have a game of chess. This place holds many important memories of mine, Now I am studying in London but I've always missed the place dearly. And I cannot wait to visit Foxhill again.

Room Tip: All rooms have amazing mattresses. But some rooms may be warmer than the others? There are also diff...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Mandy H
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a two night break and wish we had found it years ago. The hosts Jan and Pete are a lovely welcoming couple who are extremely friendly and helpful without being intrusive. The place itself is a converted barn which has been renovated beautifully. The guest lounge is large and has a wood burner fire which is such a pleasure to sit and relax in front of on an evening with a glass of vino. The views from our bedroom window where stunning as is the one at breakfast on a morning as you look out onto the paddock. As mentioned previously in other reviews it is so quiet on an evening and the beds so comfortable that we both had a fantastic and restful nights sleepThe breakfast was delicious and filling with various choices including salmon and scrambled eggs . Thoroughly enjoyed our little break at Foxhills and can't wait to return

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I have been staying at Foxhill Barn for the past 5 years now and it truly feels like home from home. Peter and Jan are two amazing hosts, who will go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms are spacious, well equipped and most importantly, really clean and the bathroom is too (especially the one with the jacuzzi bath!). The location of the B&B is so tranquil and quiet that it makes for an amazing nights sleep! Breakfast is great, lots of choice and freshly cooked in front of you whilst you ponder on the days activities. Beautiful outlook from the breakfast table out onto the patio and gardens too! Fabulous place, fabulous hosts and all at an amazing price for such luxury! Already booked for my 2013 break!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I cannot express more how welcoming and friendly the barn is. When myself and 4 other members of my family went to stay at the barn, we were welcomed by Jan and shown to our rooms which were in brilliant condition and by far the cosiest i have came across with amazing matresses offering a welcoming sleep. Not only were the rooms spectatular when entering the guest lounge all of us were made to feel right at home. There was no tv or radio and it was a relaxing experience i am glad not to forget. In the morning waking up to go downstairs to breakfast was a real treat as the food tasted amazing as it was all local, then to finish before we were to leave, i personally had a very relaxing jacuzzi bath followed by a shower. I cannot fault my stay at the barn and for anyone who wants a relaxing stay away from home i would suggest the barn.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jess M

Been to Foxhill Barn B&B? Share your experiences!