“Just starting to go off the boil.......”

Delicious Deli & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Gisburn
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Delicatessen and Cafe in the heart of Gisburn. Open 8 am to 7 pm Monday to Saturday and 10 am to 4 pm on Sunday. Last food orders 4.45 pm Monday to Saturday and 2.45 pm on Sunday. Hot drinks and cakes available until 15 mins before closing. We are also a village shop with a wide range of local produce and excellent beers and wines.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This little gem of a deli/cafe has been delighting the locals and passing traffic for a couple of years with its quirky style, good wholesome food and reasonable prices. I called in this week at lunchtime and managed to get the last table (yes - you guessed it, the one by the toilet door). The service was 'Germanic', cool but efficient. The food was just OK, and I would not recommend the 'Delicious Panini'.
I can't put my finger on what the exact problem is, but that sparkle, that energy, that ver ver vume has gone. Come on guys, you can pull it around because you have a brilliant formula!

3  Thank maw747

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We have often lunched here and it never disappoints. Great freshly prepared grub always with a smile at reasonable prices. No wonder its nearly always full! Highly recommended

1  Thank teepees
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I went here with my sister in law for lunch, I am a coeliac & we took an 18 month old toddler & a 12 week old baby.
The staff were so helpful, explained what I could eat that was gluten free, they got a highchair for the toddler and helped with a small meal, they also gave hot water to warm the babies bottle.
They were so friendly & made our dinner a Litlle less stressful with 2 small children ( and we even left a bit if a mess, that they didn't mind about)
Oh and the food was yummy,reasonable prices, lots if choice & very accommodating to gluten free diet, we are defiantly coming bavk here again

1  Thank Lisa K
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Called with the family. Just had a Coffee/snack/cold drinks for the children. The service is very cold, no warm welcome at all. There are some childrens toys at the top end of the café, which our three used .... reading books etc. As staff were passing, it was clear that children are not really made welcome. Why put childrens toys there if you are not going to make children welcome? Anyway not a lot of choice in Gisburn - but we certainly wont be rushing back to Delicious Deli

1  Thank garner
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I often dine in this area, but as both the excellent Cottage Restaurant, a few doors away, and the equally good Abbots Harbour are presently closed for Holidays I decided to take the opportunity to try a new place. The reviews on here for this place seemed quite good so I checked out their website, Sunday opening 10am to 4pm and an all day breakfast listed, as there are warnings that it gets busy I decided to leave it until I would expect the lunch rush to have ended and get there about 3pm. As I passed I checked that it was open, just in case there was a holiday there as well, but I was in luck so drove up to the pay (honesty box) car park and walked back down in the rain. The sign on the door stated 'OPEN' so I entered, there wasn't any staff around so I took the opportunity to have a look round, While waiting for service I could hear an argument going on behind a door that I took to lead to the kitchen, i wondered if the one who was called 'disgusting' would be the one who would make my food or the one who would serve it, little did I know that I had no need to worry about that! Eventually a member of staff did appear, I was not too surprised when my greeting was 'are you alright' I replied 'yes, thanks, what meals have you on?' the off hand reply I got to that was 'we've stopped serving' Obviously this was a surprise an hour before the advertised closing time, especially as there is supposed to be an ALL DAY breakfast, after a pause the word 'sorry' was mumbled in the most insincere manner. No wonder KFC and Maccy Ds are taking over, their food may not be great but at least you always get served something, and polite service.
Clearly not being served any food should get a rating of zero for both food and service while my value for what was spent on fuel to get there and for parking should also rate zero but the minimum rating is one so I have to rate it so, even though it is clearly one too many.

9  Thank ConsulCapri