“Always an enjoyable visit, good prices”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Haslingden
Sykeside Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Haslingden
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We have just been to Sykeside for Sunday lunch and have once again had lovely food, a friendly welcome, and good service in a beautiful setting. The prices are really reasonable. What more could you want?

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sykeside Country House Hotel

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Whenever we visit friends in the area, we always look forward to staying at the Sykeside. The interior is traditional, very comfortable and always spotlessly clean. We have only ever eaten at breakfast, so I can only comment on that, but the other reviews on the quality of the food do not surprise me as the breakfast is fantastic. I'm not looking forward to the day when our friends' kids have left home and they have the room to put us up!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I stayed for three nights and have nothing but compliments! On arrival at the Hotel I found I had been upgraded complimentary to a stunning double bedroom. The room had everything I needed and like the bathroom was spotlessly clean. The food was amazing and the Chef even came out to discuss my dietary requirements which he then remembered when I ordered a meal on another occasion and amended a sauce! I would recommend the chicken and the lamb - both stunning. However the best thing about this Hotel is the management - everyone is so friendly and willing to help it is like a home from home and I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room 4 is near a staff staircase so perhaps choose a room further down the corridor
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank lizzya26
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The food is outstanding. The lamb just falls off the shank, and the three cheese tart with chips is to die for! The pate was a meal in itself. To think the staff had to serve over 50 people, all meals were served quickly.
We have also had Sunday lunch here, which was also great value. Fully recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The rooms here are huge and the views across the valley must have been amazing before they built Tesco! We had 4 poster bed in a non smoking room and my only criticism is that the top cover on the bed smelt very smokey.
Overall excellent value.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We have just got home from Sykeside having had a lovely Sunday lunch there. This was a celebration lunch for my husband's birthday. There were 14 of us and they let us have their lovely conservatory all to ourselves, which was warm despite the very cold weather. The service there is excellent, they don't make a fuss about things but they listen to what you want and nothing is too much trouble. The waitresses are very friendly and do a good job, the food is lovely and the prices are reasonable. The building is beautiful. This is not just my view, all 14 of us agreed that it had been a really good lunch. I have never stayed there but I know people who have and I saw one of the rooms a couple of weeks ago which was a really good size and had its own sauna! Pay them a visit, you won't be sorry.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Live quite local to here but not been to the restaurant lately for no particular reason. We decided to give it another visit and was very impressed just how good it was. The food was excellent, as was the service and it was fantastic value for the money. Definitely recommend. Not tried the actal accommodation so cannot comment on this.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haslingden
Red Hall Hotel
Rosehill House Hotel
Rosehill House Hotel
#3 of 6 in Burnley
Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa

Been to Sykeside Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!