Northcote Hotel
US$91
US$83
The Avenue Hotel at Brockhall(Langho)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$93
US$87
US$118
Orbitz.com
Good Night Inns Boddington Arms Hotel(Blackburn)(Great Value!)
US$98
Hotwire.com
US$103
US$98
PremierInn.com
1,184 results
All reviewstasting menugourmet dinnercomplimentary soft drinkshalf bottle of champagnea michelin starred restaurantchampagne and canapeswine packagelouis roedererwine flightamuse bouchecoffee and petit foursbirthday treatmatched winesribble valleydeluxe roomnigel haworthlisa allen
Reviewed 30 September 2011

It really isnt.
The staff are great and the surroundings nice.
However there were issues with the cuisine and beverages.
For example my wife was unable to drink when we visited. We asked for tap water but were told they only had mineral water. When we discovered the cost of this I felt like I was being asked to pay for running water and sanitation for a small african country.
To add to my distress they had no cask ale on tap despite their boast to promote all things british (yes I am a CAMRA member but I do not have a beard) and could only provide bottles of bowland for £5 a go.
The lamb was superb however the food does slip into style over substance. For example being served a raw turnip did not get me going. Not even my hens will eat raw turnips!
Having eaten in a few places I would recommend somewhere like Abode in manchester rather than this place. Their tasting menu is superb.

2  Thank Pendler7
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Northcote should be a destination for anyone who enjoys gorgeous accommodations with plush furnishings, outstanding customer service and exquisite food. It's a fabulous country hotel and restaurant and the staff are so warm, friendly and professional. They've even thoughtfully created a comfortable covered area outside for smokers, which pleasantly surprised my husband who could enjoy a cigar after dinner without being unpopular among other hotel guests. We'll definitely be returning!

Reviewed 26 September 2011

Well what can we say. A truly wonderful experience and meal. The staff were first class, opening doors for you and being friendly without overfamiliarity.
The food certainly lived up to our expectations with venison that melted in the mouth.
This experience was every bit as good as the London Ritz.
Exquisite, luxurious, and very relaxing.
We will be back.
The Gebhards

Room Tip: We did not stay overnight sadly.
Reviewed 26 September 2011

we stayed for an inclusive gourmet break, in room 11, which I requested from the website photos and was accommodated. We found the room to be very high spec and comfortable. The only problem we had was that the hot water did not work on one night, the hotel were very apologetic and understanding holding our booking in the restaurant.
The food was really special, and the atmosphere in the restaurant very relaxed and comfortable. Pre-dinner champagne and canapés in the lounge gave us time to really relax into the experience. The dinner itself was very impressive. We matched the wine to our meals which made a great difference and was really interesting, also having the benefit of the wine waiters who were quite funny and really friendly. The service within the hotel was a very high level, we barely had to ask for anything, even at breakfast the staff simply knew who we were. The breakfast itself was a very high quality with lots of options cooked fresh to order.
I would highly recommend the gourmet break for a special occasion. I came back relaxed and very satisfied, and even with signed menus as a souvenir.

Room Tip: check out the website first, each room is detailed and if you request a specific one the hotel will try to get that for you.
Reviewed 25 September 2011

It was my birthday on the 9th September and I was taken to Northcote Manor to be truly spoilt. We arrived in the afternoon, in time for a welcome cup of tea and a small sandwich. We didn't want to over do it as we had booked in for the Gourmet Dinner! We were invited to the drawing room at 7pm for a complitmentary half bottle of Louis Roederer Champagne with some divine canapes which were so inventive and beautifully served. After a little time we were shown to our Table in the fabulous dining room with the most elegant chandelier right above our Table.
As we had chosen the Gourmet evening we didn't have the agonising choice of what to eat it was chosen for us. What was really good too was the wine matching by the glass which again we chose and the sommelier was so informed and helped us really appreciate the wines that he had chosen for us. The food was exquisite and Lisa Allen who heads the Brigade of Chefs should be applauded! She is a hugely talented Chef who has won so many accolades. We were overjoyed with our stay and Room 11 was really lovely with a risen corner platform overlooking the vegetable garden. Breakfast was divine and so leisurely and the standard was just as the dinner had been the night before I would definately rate this hotel as somewhere I would like to go again OFTEN!!!! We felt privilaged to have been so pampered and so spoilt. We adopted Huggie Bear who now sits on my bed at home and we purchased the Wonderful Cookbook Nigle Haworth's OBSESSION and I have to say this is a MUST BUY!!!!! I would recommend it on all levels as a 5 star plus place to stay with the most highly rated restaurant with so many lovely places to visit close by.Thank you everyone at Northcote Manor

Room Tip: You can check the Website to look at all the rooms, I love a view of a garden and especially a well kept vegetable garden so Room 11 was perfect for us.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Craig_Bancroft, Owner at Northcote Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2011

Thank you so much for the lovely review you submited after your stay with us last month.

We are always really pleased to hear when guests have had such a lovely time with us and I will pass your kind comments onto Lisa and all the team.

I have to admit that room 11 is one of my favourite rooms as well and I do hope Huggie is settling into his new home!!

We look forward welcoming you back to Northcote hopefully in the not too distant future.

Regards,