“Food & drink”

Add it.
The Venue
Ranked #5 of 5 Restaurants in Langho
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great place for an evening out as a couple or family, very pleasant staff and food was delicious. overall a 5* from me

There are newer reviews for The Venue

Reviewed 28 April 2014

6 of us had a meal here. The food was delicious, the menu was varied and they catered for the vegetarian who was with us. The cocktails I would recommend also. The only set back was that there was a singer on that evening, which we were not told about in advance until we got there, which would have been good for after dinner entertainment not whilst we ate our dinner along with others as it was too loud to really talk to each other. This is only a minor complaint though and I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant especially if you are staying in the hotel which we were.

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

We ate here last Thursday night and my goodness what a find, the waiter (Francesco) was absolutely excellent, the food is first class, Both my partner and I had duck spring rolls severed with lightly pickled veg for starter and then I had a beatifully cooked fillet of seabass for main, and mutual partner the roasted pork loin off the specials, we then shared the famous carmel sticky toffee pudding for dessert, very reasonable prices and good wines as well, it is only a small restaurant (about 35 seats, and is say it was just over half full, and to say thee was only one chef on ( I believe him to be called Andy) it was very very good, will definitely be back!!

1  Thank Shiredog
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

We live on the village so we were really pleased when this place opened in the summer. We spent a lot of time drinking and eating here when it first opened. There were a few minor teething problems which is expected initially, but overall we came probably once a week and sampled food/wine/cocktails and it was always very enjoyable. Once the initial curiosity phase passed, I would say that the trade has definitely died off considerably.

We walked down mid week to have a meal and a couple of glasses of wine. A little irritated to say the least to be drawn in to ordering a £10 round of drinks (a glass of wine and a lager) to then be informed that over half the good menu was unfortunately unavailable. The food menu has changed several times since this place opened and at present it's very limited but in the same token a good menu. We were informed that there was none of the following dishes available to eat: cottage pie, sea bass, sausage and mash; chicken. In reality this leaves extremely limited choice - a steak (expensive!) or burger/pie. Not really good enough!! How can a place expect to attract valued custom when half their menu is "unavailable"? We naturally left and walked to the nearest place to eat. The staff were very pleasant and it was hardly their fault that the menu was so limited, however good management would surely train their staff to inform customers of such a menu shortage before they sit comfortably and order wine.

The establishment is beautifully and immaculately presented & the staff are obliging and pleasant. Just very unsure what target market this place is trying to attract? It's tends to ooze upper market and has a cocktail menu, plays trendy background music but then on the flip side has football on a tv in the corner. Each and every time we come in, the place is pretty dead, apart from residents of the hotel. Just not overly sure about it all. I do however wish the management well, as I imagine a lot of hard work and effort has gone into opening the venue for local residents. I just fear this place will not survive long term. I really and truly hope I am proved wrong as we had some fun nights here in the summer weeks. I have tried to be very balanced and honest with my review.

2  Thank Sarah H