“My Northcote cookery experience ...”

Northcote Cookery School
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Langho
More attraction details
Owner description: The Northcote Cookery School opens at the beginning of April 2014 and will offer a variety of courses, from skills & techniques; entertaining; themed classes; and premium master classes, with a choice of half days and full days.The courses will be delivered by Head Tutor – Michael Vanheste, with master classes available on selected dates from Nigel Haworth & Lisa Allen.
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I was expecting that my day at the first of Northcote's Cookery School classes would be really good. It far exceeded that - it was a FABULOUS day. The light breakfast on arrival was a lovely way to meet fellow 'students' and Michael and other staff. This really made me feel very much at ease. The cookery school is wonderfully situated just by the brand new Northcote kitchens, separated only by glass doors, which somehow lent to the inclusive feeling of the day.
The class was so interesting, educating and entertaining, interrupted only by a typically high standard Northcote lunch. The day just flew by! I have now booked myself onto another class - can't wait!
Thank you to the Northcote team.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Craig_Jackson1, Guest Relations Manager at Northcote Cookery School, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Barbara,

Thank you for taking to Trip Advisor to let others hear about your day in our Cookery School.

Its great to hear that your day was an enjoyable one. We have taken great time and care into thinking how to best engage and relax our guests from the moment they arrive, and I thank you for paying particular notice to this.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Northcote!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The course that I attended was only the third course since the school opened. I thought that the arrangements were very good. The space for 8 people in the kitchen was a bit limited, but the facilities were superb. Being able to experience the real Northcote kitchen in operation was a real bonus. Nigel and Michael made us all welcome and kept us entertained as well as giving good tuition.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Craig_Jackson1, Guest Relations Manager at Northcote Cookery School, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

John,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your day with us, all the comments we receive are greatly appreciated as they enable us to grow and develop different areas of the business.

Having attended one of the courses myself it is always great to hear that guests enjoyed there time as much as I did, and having spent the day with Nigel I hope you have taken home some "trade secrets" to use in your own kitchen at home.

Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I received a voucher for the Inspired entertaining for my Christmas present. The day itself was great. I arrived to be greeted with breakfast and the day began. We we're given a 3 course menu which during our day we were going to prepare and cook to dinner party standards. First thing we made rough puff pastry and left it to rest. Then a cheese soufflé which formed a starter with milk foam and beetroot relish. For the main it was rare breed braised pork cheeks with foraged dock pudding followed by rhubarb millefeuille, hence making the rough puff pastry.

The day was led by Nigel and Michael, and consisted of them showing us how to make the courses using different techniques in preparation, knife skills and precise presentation. We then had our own stations to try for ourselves. Nigel and Michael were on hand at all time for tips and advice. It has inspired me to push my boundaries and try new things as I have never really liked rhubarb, but poached in blood orange juice it was great.

During the day we had a 2 course lunch in the restaurant with wine.

I would thoroughly recommend the course, especially to people who enjoy cooking but want to up their game to entertaining at a high standard.

Thank you to the Northcote team for a great day.

Ps plus I got to use some great kitchen equipment before I buy!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

I dont think a Christmas Treat comes much better than a day spent learning to cook than in the Northcote Kitchens.

As one of our Premium Courses a day spent with Nigel is really the best way to soak up not only the atmosphere of our kitchens, but also his ethos with regards dishes and sourcing of produce.

Its great to hear that you enjoyed your day with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Cookery School very soon!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I had the pleasure of attending the Beginners Bread Making Course at Northcote's newly opened cookery school this week. The day was faultless. Michael is a great tutor, very informative, full of tips and made the day great fun. I learnt so much - we made 4 different breads throughout the day and never dreamt I would be able to produce bread to such a high standard in just one day. I now have new skills to last me a lifetime.

The day also included a light breakfast on arrival, tea/coffee break with home made biscuits, a 2 course lunch in the restaurant with wine. We sampled our baking in the afternoon followed by scones, jam, cream, tea or coffee. I had an absolutely fabulous day - and what a great way to learn. I would highly recommend this to any food enthusiast. It is a great experience to be treasured and a fantastic memory to have.

Allison,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about our Cookery School here at Northcote.

We have spent months planning every moment of the day to ensure it lives up to our standards and Im so pleased that you enjoyed your day with us!

I do hope you will find the time to rejoin us in the Kitchen for some more fun!

Craig Jackson