“Excellent! clean and great food”
Review of The Windmill Hotel

The Windmill Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mellor
The Windmill Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mellor
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I stayed last weekend at the Windmill hotel and was very impressed. The rooms were well above the standard I had expected for the price, great value for money. What I liked the most was the restaurant, the food was delicious and filling at a very low price, I especially liked the unlimited salad bar. The service was fast and friendly, especially the head waiter called Bill, he made sure everything went smoothly. After my delicious sunday roast beef lunch with all the trimmings, I made my way to the bar area and watched the Formula 1 grand Prix with the other patrons, the atmosphere was very friendly and everybody had a great time. I also noticed that there was a seperate area that had a 3d tv for children to watch 3d movies! Next time I am back in Blackburn I will definately book my stay at the Windmill

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank joe201180

Reviewed 6 December 2010

I had a business trip to BAE Salmesbury and had this hotel booked for me.
The hotel also has a large restaurant and bar which serves really good food plus a complimentry salad bar!
I was told that the whole place had recently been refurbished - it has been very nicely done. I loved the open fire and the staff were very friendly.
My bedroom was lovely - well co-ordinated and immaculately clean. There were the usual complimentry toiletries PLUS complimentry cake bars, mints, crisps & bottled water! - very nice touch.
Not sure when i'll be back but I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank don69na
Reviewed 15 December 2009

I would not stay here again because of the noise from the main road. Constant traffic all night. There was also a lot of noise from other guests most of the night. Banging doors etc. The night entrance involved 2 doors which were in use and banged all the time. I am also certain people were smoking in the rooms as well. The good points are that the staff and food were excellent.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Welcoming atmosphere and helpful polite staff. The hotel is quite small and seems mainly to be a 'gastro pub'. The food was good and reasonably priced. The breakfast was excellent.

The rooms were clean, spacious, well furnished and comfortable.

The only downside was that the rooms had been designed to be warm in the winter, but sadly I stayed on the hottest day of the year and the windows only opened 4 inches so I ended up sitting in the car park for most of the night to keep cool. I think any other night it would have been fine.

I will certainly stay there again on my next trip to Blackburn (as long as its not too hot). Its only a few miles from the center of town and a much nicer location.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business

Been to The Windmill Hotel? Share your experiences!