Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Akron South (Airport Area)
US$206
Hampton.com
US$149
US$126
US$54
WoodSpring Suites Akron(Green)(Great Value!)
US$90
Hotels.com
US$78
US$68
QualityInn
Red Roof Inn Akron South(Akron)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$55
Red Roof
US$54
US$47
EconoLodge
All reviewsfront desktall ceilingsgreat night sleephot breakfastfree breakfaststaff was very friendly and helpfulthree nightswould stay againclean roomsconvenient locationakronkeylinensinterstateuniversity
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I made a reservation at this hotel early this morning for a room tonight. I was at the airport attempting to check in for my flight into Akron when it was abruptly canceled, leaving me at home in Florida for the night. It took hours to rearrange my itinerary, as I had been set to fly out of Akron at 7:30 tomorrow morning. I called as soon as possible to cancel my reservation that I'd made 14 hours earlier, but I was forced to pay for the room because I called almost 3 hours after 6 pm. I understand having a cancellation policy, but I don't think it should be strictly enforced by an airport hotel if the issue is with the airline and not the hotel guest. I fly into Akron frequently and will never give this hotel my business.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Akron South (Airport Area), responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear LeslieKornes,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the service you received. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 June 2013

The hotel appeared to be brand new. It was super clean and nothing appeared worn and tired. Our king room was large and the bed was very comfortable. They supplied a choice of soft or firm pillows. The bathroom was large and very clean. The breakfast room was very nice, but it got crowded quickly. There were lots of plush chairs but not enough tables. Location was conveniently located near the highway, but is difficult to spot.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the rear of the hotel if you do not want to hear the highway noise
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This is everything you expect a great business hotel to be. Clean, friendly, helpful, accomodating, and up to date. Kellianne the day manager who was on duty was friendly and and most helpful. Check-in is a breeze. Pickup at the airport was timely given the distance from the airport. The location is ideal with restaurants and shopping within easy walking distance. The price is right and for us business folks, talk to Lynsey the sales manager - very helpful. The breakfast area is much the same as other HIE's - clean, well-stocked but with plenty of space so we're not all crowding around the toaster. For my 40ish-something night at an HIE this year, this is my go-to place in Akron.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I work for an airline and stay in MANY hotels. This is one of the nicest hotels Ive stayed in. Brand new in 2012 as far as I could tell. Rooms are large and outlets everywhere you need them. Great breakfast included when I stayed there. This airport in a regional airport so the hotel is near a neighborhood and the shuttle driver will take you to a nearby spot called DANOS LAKESIDE PUB which is a neighborhood place and very friendly. A real small town feeling.

Room Tip: No spa here but who cares.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed here for one night before flying out of Akron. Great hotel, great value. Front desk was very helpful. The room was very clean and was exactly as described, if not bigger. The breakfast in the morning was good, and I felt like I definitely got my money's worth.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo