“Great Stay and Value”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron South
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Green
“Great Stay and Value”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is our second time staying at this hotel. We find it very clean and comfortable. The towels are nice and thick and the shower head is placed up higher in the shower so that we do not have to hunch over to shower. My husband and I are both close to 6 feet tall so that makes a difference. The breakfast was nice and plentiful. The staff was very friendly especially Shirley at the front desk. She helped me book my room a few weeks before we arrived and greeted us with a smile and had everything ready for us to head right to our room. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in the Akron area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor so that we did not hear anyone walking above us and it was nice and quiet...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Amy R
Monica C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron South, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Thank you for your kind words about your stay! I will make sure to tell Shirley of your compliment of her. Our staff takes great pride in ensuring our guest have a pleasurable and memorable experience with us! We look forward to you staying with us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Forest, Virginia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel is perfect for a business stay. It was quiet and clean. It was conveniently located right next door to a TGIFridays, so a quick walk to dinner was nice. Although it was not close to much of anything else. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank adharris0915
Thanking for taking the time to write about your stay. I apologize you didn't get to experience our Complimentary Shuttle service while you were here. We truly appreciate your business. Please visit us again soon!
Pensacola, Florida, United States
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Just checked in to two smiling helpful faces. .Brittany (sp) and Rhonda.. thanks for welcoming me.. the room is great. Now its time to relax before the work!!! Three nights of bliss at teh Fairfield Inn Akron South..

Room Tip: the Interstate is close but I can't hear a thing.. any room works for me.. and the rooms are cle...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Drturner504
My apologies for the delay in response. Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! I will make sure to express this review with my staff! We truly appreciate all the kind words! Please come back and visit us soon!
Easton, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed on a consecutive Tue and Friday night going back and forth from Chicago. Pleasant helpful front desk staff. The rooms were clean. And it was quiet. Tgi Fridays In The parking lot is very good after a long days drive. I would stay here again

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bruce G
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed at this Fairfield Inn for one night and was impressed by the room's layout (suite style) and ammenities such as fridge and microwave. The room was clean and well maintained. Staff was friendly. Had the typical Fairfield breakfast (good continental fare). A TGI Friday's next door and plenty of restaurants within a short drive. Ample and well lit parking lot. The only big negative is the road noise from adjacent I-77. The window in my room was solidly closed but yet the highway noise was very noticeable. It didn't bother me because I kept the fan blowing on high to drown out the highway, but if you need a quite room or if the constant fan noise bothers you (the AC/heat unit was fairly loud) then you might have a problem here.

Room Tip: Based on the alignment of the hotel relative to the freeway, I don't think any of the rooms woul...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TravellinDocs
Baldwin City, Kansas
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Flew into Akron Canton Airport, and this hotel was very close to both the airport and downtown Akron. I travel for business quite a bit, and this property stood out for several reasons. First, out of pure coincidence, my phone rang right as my plane touched down, and it was Martha from Guest Services calling to ensure that I didn't need a car or shuttle to the hotel. I expect that type of service from the more expensive brands, but this experience with a Fairfield hotel was excellent. Arrived shortly thereafter, and upon check-in, asked for a quiet room away from the elevators. The super cheerful Nani was very accommodating and I was given room 335 on the top floor at the end of the hallway, which is exactly what I asked for. The room itself was very clean. The bed was comfortable, and the pillows seemed newer; they weren't the flat, lifeless ones you often see in this chain. The highlight of the room was the TV, which included a DirecTV box, allowing you to view, pause, rewind, and record TV during your stay. I wish more hotels had this! Overall, my stay was quite enjoyable, and if business or pleasure brings me back to Akron, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway. The windows are decently insulating, but having a room on the...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Chase C
MD
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel last week. The hotel was very nice! They even had a gym, pool and jacuzzi. Not too shabby for $100/night on a Saturday! TGI Fridays is right across from the hotel, which means that food is just a quick walk away if you dont want to drive anywhere. Other restaurants, target and walmart are a mile away from hotel. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Marriedandroadtrip
Also consider these accommodations in or near Green
Residence Inn Akron South/Green
Hampton Inn Akron-South
Cambria hotel & suites Akron - Canton Airport
Red Roof Inn Akron South
WoodSpring Suites Akron
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#1 of 1 in Hartville

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron South? Share your experiences!