“Great hotel conveniently located by the highway and several restaurants.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron South
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Green
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I usually stay in Stow when I'm here on business, but sadly, they decided to get rid of all the Jacuzzi rooms. That was a deal breaker...

I decided to try out this property right in Akron about 10 minutes from one of our companies. It's conveniently located right off the highway, so that was a plus. There is a TGI Friday's (Awesome staff and food) a hundred feet away which is another plus. More importantly, there are 2 different Starbucks within a mile.

The best part, which may seem a little weird, is the smell. It smells so clean. You walk in the room, and it doesn't smell like old people or some cockroach motel... It smells clean. The rooms smell clean, the bed smells clean, the bathroom, etc. The staff here was exceptionally nice- it doesn't seem as though anyone was or is having a bad day at any time.

I noticed there were a couple complaints about the noise coming from the freeway- I was in an odd-numbered room which faces the car dealership, so it was relatively quiet. The first night, I may have a few too many LI Iced Teas and beers, so I slept like a baby for about 9 hours straight. The second night I went to bed around 10pm without the aid of a few "nightcaps" and I slept peacefully. Tonight, I will enjoy another quiet, peaceful and good smelling sleep.

For what it's worth, check this place out.

Will I stay here again in a couple weeks? Yes
Will I recommend this propert to coworkers or anyone that reads this review? Yes

Room Tip: Make sure you get an ODD-NUMBERED room when you get here. They all face a car dealership. All the ro...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank El-Sc0rch0
Monica C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Thank you for the taking the time to rave about your experience you had with us! I will make sure to let our Housekeeping staff know you loved their cleaning products they used. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The staff at the front desk and ladies making the breakfast were awesome, helpful, and friendly. The breakfast buffet was good, hot, and well stocked. The room was awesome and perfect for us. The downfall was the pool. The water was so cold you could not get in it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank awesomefish

Thank you for your review on your past stay with us. My sincerest apologies about our pool being too cold during your stay. We have since taken care of the situation. I'm glad you enjoyed our Breakfast,and other amenities. Please come back and visit us again!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

After reading the other reviews, I was concerned about the noise from the adjacent I77. The hotel is well insulated and the noise was not a problem. I was on the west end of the hotel which may have helped. The staff was friendly and TGI Fridays next door was a convenient dinner choice. I often stay in the Belden Village area when I have an early flight out of CAK, but will consider this hotel again as it is no further from the airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank NTWF

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad you had a pleasant stay and that everything was conveniently located for you! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is our second time staying at this hotel. We find it very clean and comfortable. The towels are nice and thick and the shower head is placed up higher in the shower so that we do not have to hunch over to shower. My husband and I are both close to 6 feet tall so that makes a difference. The breakfast was nice and plentiful. The staff was very friendly especially Shirley at the front desk. She helped me book my room a few weeks before we arrived and greeted us with a smile and had everything ready for us to head right to our room. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in the Akron area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor so that we did not hear anyone walking above us and it was nice and quiet...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amy R

Thank you for your kind words about your stay! I will make sure to tell Shirley of your compliment of her. Our staff takes great pride in ensuring our guest have a pleasurable and memorable experience with us! We look forward to you staying with us again!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel is perfect for a business stay. It was quiet and clean. It was conveniently located right next door to a TGIFridays, so a quick walk to dinner was nice. Although it was not close to much of anything else. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank adharris0915

Thanking for taking the time to write about your stay. I apologize you didn't get to experience our Complimentary Shuttle service while you were here. We truly appreciate your business. Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Just checked in to two smiling helpful faces. .Brittany (sp) and Rhonda.. thanks for welcoming me.. the room is great. Now its time to relax before the work!!! Three nights of bliss at teh Fairfield Inn Akron South..

Room Tip: the Interstate is close but I can't hear a thing.. any room works for me.. and the rooms are cle...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Drturner504

My apologies for the delay in response. Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! I will make sure to express this review with my staff! We truly appreciate all the kind words! Please come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed on a consecutive Tue and Friday night going back and forth from Chicago. Pleasant helpful front desk staff. The rooms were clean. And it was quiet. Tgi Fridays In The parking lot is very good after a long days drive. I would stay here again

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bruce G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Green
Hampton Inn Akron-South
Cambria hotel & suites Akron - Canton Airport
WoodSpring Suites Akron
Residence Inn Akron South/Green
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Akron South (Airport Area)

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron South? Share your experiences!