“Wedding”
Review of Spread Eagle

Spread Eagle
Reserve with OpenTable
Spread Eagle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Sawley
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Our daughter and husband had there wedding day here 13/12/2013,what a fantastic day,food staff venue fantastic.thankyou spread eagle.mick pat Connors,see you soon.

nitramYorkshire, General Manager at Spread Eagle, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your review, it was such a lovely day, we are so glad that everyone had a great time, we look forward to seeing you all again

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We visited as a group on a Saturday evening mid March, having pre booked. When our table became free, we were told, 'your table is free its the one there', at which pointed we were pointed to another table in the adjoining room. A small point, but normally you should be taken to your table, basic courtesy. Then it became clear this was going to be the standard of service for the night, having to catch someone's attention to order food/drink/the bill, no one came and asked us how our food was during the meal, so we couldn't tell them a side sauce was missing. One young man serving looked entirely flummoxed, and had the personality of a cardboard box... no smile, no chat, just looked either terrified or bored. No one came to take our money for the bill, by which time it was much quieter and staff were available. We decided, if they weren't bothered then we weren't, just left the money on the table, with very little tip, and left.
Normally I wouldn't bother to comment in most places, but this is a lovely restaurant, great food, lovely ambiance, pretty location, and I have been several times before with no issues. So I hope that service is now resuming, someone is taking control of service out front (distinct lack of control when we were there) and that I can safely recommend this place to others. So much competition in the Ribble Valley re good food, such restaurants really need to be on top of their game, all of the time.

1  Thank diz023

Thank you for your review, we are sorry that your visit wasn't as it should have been, we have taken onboard your comments and relayed this to our team, I do hope you will give us another try

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Has gone down hill over last 12 months.Quality poor.Quantity not acceptable. Totally overpriced.Lattes small and served cool.No mature manager on site.Staff generally not up to job.A once great establishment going down hill.Typical of the decline in the UK catering business.

2  Thank Malcolm M

Goodness me! we don't seem to have done anything right, the quality of our locally sourced food is not poor and I really don't think you could call the Early bird menu at 2 courses for £10.95 overpriced.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We had heard lots of great things in the past about the spread eagle so we thought we would give it a try! We had booked a table for 8:30pm and on arrival I I formed the bar staff of out booking and unfortunately there was still someone eating at it!!!! At 8:45 we were taken to out seats which unfortunately I don't think was a table we had booked, it was a big table that you could of sat 6 people on and when there is only two of you it wasn't very pleasant playing musical chairs until we felt that we could hear each other talk!! The food was also disappointing for the amount it costs!! I don't think we will be returning.

2  Thank B_M_Preston

Thank you for your review, sorry you found your visit to us disappointing I do hope you will come and give us another try as I'm sure you wont be disappointed again

Natalie & Greig Barnes

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I like the atmosphere of the place. We called without booking and although they found us a table, they were hesitant initially and they asked us to wait while they set another table up. We were expecting to walk into a busy dining room. We were surprised to find there were only 2 tables dining. The place was virtually empty. Even on our way out, the place was two thirds empty!! Considering the vast option of tables available they seated us next to a large family with noisy toddlers!! The staff appear extremely young. I did not see any mature management at all. My husband was disappointed as he had wanted to go to the Duke of York Grindleton. Sadly the food was not as good as there but it was ok. The duck in cherry sauce was served in a soup bowl with loads of sauce!! Quite strange!! I probably would return but not in a hurry.

Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear that your visit was not entirely to your satisfaction, we do hope you will come again and hopefully it will be a better visit than "Average"