“Nice hotel, excellent value for money”

Holland Hall Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Upholland
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here when in the area for business. The hotel is set off the main road and is nice and quiet. However there are a few restaurants and pubs within a 10 to 15 minute walk away although I never went myself. The staff were all very friendly, breakfast there is a fairly limited selection but more than adequate to chose from and although would appear only cooked option is full English, they will cater for other similar orders.

The rooms are fairly basic but again do the job.

Overall for the B and B rate this hotel is excellent value and I have stayed in more expensive hotels which aren't as good. I would definitely consider staying again if in area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holland Hall Country House Hotel

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I came to eat at the restaurant at holland hall hotel on Saturday the 10th of May 2014, we came in the evening and this is what I thought of our evening. First of all the food was hit and miss, the starters we ordered where absolutely beautiful, nicely presented and the taste was spectacular, this led me to believe that our main meals would be just as good and we were very disappointed, we ordered the cock and bull and it all came in the same bowl with the rice and chips together so I wasn't impressed with the presentation. It wasn't very flavoursome, the meat was chewy and overcooked and I just wasn't a very nice meal for the price I paid. Now I will move onto the service, when we got the attention of a waiter or waitress the service they provided was ok, they were very polite but never asked how out meal was or anything about it how it was or did we enjoy it which gave us no chance to give any feedback it was also very difficult to get the attention of someone as no one was around which was frustrating when we wanted to order more drinks. The hotel has a lovely atmosphere but for me I would not return this restaurant for a meal as I was extremely disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Kelly1234jones
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed in early May as part of a large wedding party. The wedding meal was served flawlessly and staff could not have been more helpful. Once the meal was over the staff rapidly cleared away the dining area and arranged the format of the room for the evening disco. This was a very precision and rapid operation so again full credit to staff here. Our room did not have much of a view but the fittings were of good quality and there was ample space with a nice quality bathroom. There was also ample storage space for clothes. Breakfast was of good quality and there was a varied choice of cereals and fruits. Overall a very good venue and excellent wedding reception organisation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Having recently stayed for a wedding, i found the whole hotel from reception to the bedrooms, restaurant to the wedding itself amazing! The staff are extreamley helpful, kind and very welcoming. The wedding was most enjoyable and to top it off, the breakfast the following morning was brilliant! Although a little over priced at £10 for a full english and self service continental, How ever i thoroughly enjoyed my stay and highly recommend!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Room upstairs, very creaky floorboards ( and bed). Have to kneel in the bath as it's in the eaves. Good TV and wifi connection. Pleasant staff and good air con unit in the room although not needed in April. For the price very satisfactory.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We went here for a Mother's Day meal and I really wished we'd saved ourselves the bother. The service was awful, the staff were too busy to attend to the customers. When you could get their attention they were sullen and stroppy, taking forever to get things. The food was nothing special and not as good as we had hoped for. The place was generally very grubby and in need of a clean. Wouldn't recommend going here, especially on a busy occasion like Mother's day. If your expectations are low, you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Ini K
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I have been to Holland hall many times and always enjoyed the experience. We booked for Mothers day, 10 people and were really looking forward to the occasion. Our table was positioned in, what I believe is a function room..the most souless room I have ever seen in my life!! In drastic need of an overall...Bland, without personality and to be quite frank, quite dirty.. The food itself was Ok however the lack of vegetables (2 small bowls between 10 people) and virtually no potatoes..(we requested more and got a bowl of three roasted potatoes) which was almost laughable. This is a lovely venue and we have dined here on Christmas day for three years but the Mothers day experience was unfortunately well below par and the staff really seemed to be too busy to be interested to be bothered.

1  Thank BowieFan44
Also consider these accommodations in or near Upholland
Best Western Plus Lancashire Manor Hotel
The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club
Mercure Wigan Oak Hotel
Macdonald Kilhey Court
The Brocket Arms Hotel
Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock

Been to Holland Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!