“really pleasant place..yummy breakfast!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cedars

The Cedars
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashby-de-la-Zouch
The Cedars
Bedworth, England, United Kingdom
“really pleasant place..yummy breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

stayed for one night with my husband, but hav stayed before yrs ago
really clean every where..missing a small soap bar in en suite tho ..

breakfast was really nice, ! highly recomended

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank jody B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
South Ockendon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

stayed here the weekend of Download , really laid-back place with nice comfortable beds . The owners Mum was lovely and didnt hastle us to leave on the Sunday , once we,d paid for our rooms we could stay as long as we liked !!!
Anyone going to Download and dont wanna face the dirty toilets and hard ground in a tent this is ideal £50 per room and if you ask for a family room they have a double bed & 2 singles so if you dont mind sharing its a bargain !!! also Taxi to festival is £18 each way and takes about 15 mins !!! deffo stay again . Too mangled to make it to Breakfast but was told it was really scrummy xx

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Lucille01
geordie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2009

The breakfast that is provided is excelent and the friendly atmosphere is great.I have stayed on many an occasion over the last eight years and the welcome is very good.Hope to stay there again in the near future.

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank geordiesparky
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2009

Well where do I start I was recomended to the cedars from a friend but being such a fussy person I only booked one night although I was on a course for a week in the area. I was welcomed to the accomadation with a warm smile and a friendly handshake from the owner so far so good. I have to say from pervious experience with B&B's I was expecting a rough night ahead and was intending booking into a travel inn the next day, but to my suprise a lovely big room with a slumberland double bed awaited and a powershower I did not want to leave. The breakfast was great every morning I can't really comment on the sausage on the previous review as I have never really been a big fan anyway. Simon is a wiz in the kitchen my only dissapointment was he did not make evening meals because I can imagine the they would be the same as everything else at the cedars first class! Anyway I would reccomend the great place and fantastic staff to anyone I just wish it was a little closer to glasgow as I could imagine I would be there much more often. Ashby is a great place I would reccomend visiting Geoff at La Zouch for a fantastic meal with some real amazing wines not to mention they have a whiskey cellar to die for. Also if your looking for a few pints in a great little pub I would say you would be hard pushed to fine better that the white hart say hi to Jim the landlord for me the people in Ashby are the most friendly I have come across in many years travelling the U.K as a professional entertainer. James Kennedy Comedy Hypnotist/Magician

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank hypnojk
Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2009

It's not a special B&B, but you don't feel there is anything wrong or missing either. We got two single rooms for a night for £30 each. Except it turned out the single rooms were in fact one double and one twin room, and the owner didn't even try to push us into sharing the twin room for the same price!

The rooms were clean, nice, and quiet. Bed was comfortable. Shower/Toilet was en-suite. Especially the shower was a real shower with hot water and pressure.

The town centre is a walk of maybe 10-15 mins away (and if you're looking for a good place for dinner in Ashby I'd recommend the amazing Zamani's even if the entrance is a little hidden).

We've had better breakfast in other B&Bs in that price range, but also worse! Nothing to complain there really. You get what you pay for. But the owner is a really nice bloke, and makes you feel welcome.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank macrule
Dartmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2009

This shoudl be a really great guest house. It has car parking, large rooms, ensuite facilities, decent beds and a cheerful host. The location's good, and it has everything going
for it

But it just misses, which is a great pity. It suffers from the catering sausage at breakfast, which is easy to remedy. And the rooms need a little attention to detail, like soap in the shower (which was ensuite and hot).

Don't get me wrong, it's great value, and it won't disappoint. It just seems a shame that the owner is missing a trick here. A little work and it can be a gem. Well, with decent sausages it can!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank gtbg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashby-de-la-Zouch
Premier Inn Ashby De La Zouch Hotel
Premier Inn Ashby De La Zouch Ho...
#1 of 2 in Ashby-de-la-Zouch
Smithy Studio Bed & Breakfast
Smithy Studio Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 5 in Ashby-de-la-Zouch
Champneys Springs Health Resort

Been to The Cedars? Share your experiences!