“though I must give my opinion”
Review of Tudor Court Tea Room - CLOSED

Tudor Court Tea Room
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Burton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“though I must give my opinion”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

My husband and I recently visited here and were very impressed by the staff and the food! I have owned a similar establishment in the past and also got some negative comments, after a little digging they turned out to be persons with a vested interest in other competing businesses within the local community, its not supposed to happen but it definately does, its easy to spot once you start digging a little. some of the views here mention cleanliness? Tudor Court have 5 stars for food hygeine unlike some others that advertise they have but actually have not. (its simple to check just go to the Food Standards Agency website and do a quick search) from experience if a cafe is busy there will always be some mess around on floors and tables that have been cleared quickly to make it available to the next customer who is probably ready to complain that they cannot get seated. lol..also to add you cannot get the hoover out and start hoovering around people. Thats the end of my little rant, hope this info helps.I would also add that I do not know the owners but do sympathise because of my own experiences thats why I felt compelled to comment.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank susan h

Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Pie and Chips”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

An okay visit, pie and chips, miserable staff and not too clean. Quite busy so seemed popular with the locals.

Visited March 2013
“Cosy little cafe”
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Visted here numerous times with my mum for breakfast. Staff are always friendly, specials bored changes all the time and the quality of the food is great!

Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
“Don't understand the negative reviews..”
Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

As a local I visit these tea rooms regularly. The staff are always friendly and the service prompt. OK it's not a super modern up market cafe but I wouldn't want one of those anyway. My favourite is their all day breakfast which is all freshly cooked and I have never had a bad one. I disagree that the place is dusty and dirty, that is not what I have experienced. The only reason it's four stars not five is because they don't do proper lattes etc.

1 Thank MajorMac
“Slug trails & oil heaters.”
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Great service and nice food. The appearance inside needs a bit of work - uncomfortable chairs, dust webs, sticky tables, slug trails on the floor, feint smell of damp and some eye sore radiators. A staff member was cleaning the fabric table cloths, on the tables, with some cleaning spray and a fabric cloth - seemed slightly unusual. Awkward having to go in the kitchen when we wanted to pay, although the staff seemed friendly.

Conclusion - there are better cafes in Ashby.

1 Thank l3mmmy