“Worst jacket potatoes ever”

Poppy's Coffee Shop
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I walk past this place on a daily basis and have always wanted to pop in but always been in a rush, finished early from work so thought I'd give it a go, the lady at the counter was talking to a friend and totally ignored me for 5 minutes, I asked if I could have some service and she tutted, the potatoe I got was hard on the inside and cold on the bottom. The topping was minimal and cold as well, I went up to say something and she was deep in conversation with her friend again so I left it on the counter and walked out. As I walked on the high street I saw a potatoe stall so ordered one, great customer service and the potatoe was perfect, bolognaise was amazing, will make time to get there every day now.

5  Thank craig w

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Have always felt a bit nervous about trying this place out as it's tucked away in the corner of Rushton's Yard and you can't really see inside. Went in today for a couple of sandwiches to take away. Service was good: quick enough without being rushed, they were obviously very busy. Price was very competitive and I thought they could easily have added a pound on to the prices without people moaning. Gave in to temptation and bought a couple of chocolate cupcakes on the counter too.
We had cajun chicken baguettes, with mint sauce (my boyfriend was very excited by that!) and salad. They were really REALLY good and the cupcakes were to die for: tasty and not too sickly- just perfect. We were both really impressed. I have tried (and reviewed) a lot of the tea shops in town and at the moment this place is probably drawing first place with one of the others, I'd even be tempted to say they're top spot but I'll have to go back a few more times- and I definitely will be back!- and try more variety before I decide.

5  Thank Helen E