“Brilliant Burns night”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Burns night”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had a brilliant experience, my first Burns night & my first taste of haggis lived up to expectations and more. Great atmosphere, great service, great food. thoroughly enjoyed our evening

Visited January 2014

Derby, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“TO SALTY”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We have just been to the Falcon Inn on recommendation, and never ever again, the food was far to salty and the coke was as flat as a pancake. We both has steak and ale pie and chips and was the most expensive pie and chips i've ever had. It was terrible. The most positive thing we did was leave and we will not be returning.

• Visited July 2014
Jarrow, United Kingdom
“Dining experience”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The restaurant was recommended to us for dinner,so when we arrived we were advised of a twenty minute wait which is always a good sign in our book .
We sampled the local ale which was extremely good quality ,the owner is Lebenese so my wife chose the Lebenese kofta I chose the venison.
When the venison arrived the sauce was watery and the steak over cooked ,but worst of all was the kofta dish as it was so salty my wife could not eat more than one mouthful.
The owner came over to check whether we were enjoying our meal,and my wife explained her dish was to salty ,all we got was "to salty "!! Not an apology just the bill.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Trickydickycars
Derby, United Kingdom
“Mothers Day Disaster”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Sorry this is a belated review but iv been out of the country for a while, but I do feel I need to put my experience into words.

As stated it was a mothers day treat that myself and sister arranged, I chose the Falcon on a recommendation of a friend and how wrong was he.

In brief the food was shocking ( cinnamon in the yorkshires puddings whats that about ) the veg was just about warm and the beer / wine was cheap/flat.

We had to send some of the pudding back as they were cold " not warm COLD" to which they popped them in the microwave and sent them back out..

The bill come to well over £120 as we had our children with us, I was very disappointed with the whole experience and my sister was quite upset as she feels our mum never had a the mothers Day she was hoping for..

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Randyloader
Hinckley, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I found the service to be very friendly and the food was excellent quality. The portions were a good size and the value was outstanding. As a vegetarian found the choice to be satisfactory and varied.

• Visited June 2014