“Charming b&b - cannot fault!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lodge

The Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Melton Mowbray
The Lodge
Ranked #12 of 15 Melton Mowbray B&B and Inns
Yorkshire
“Charming b&b - cannot fault!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at The Lodge for his birthday weekend. We were absolutely over the moon with this B&B. We travel regularly and this B&B is not only value for money but it has a lovely relaxing and homely atmosphere. Sandy the host is so friendly and welcoming from the moment we arrived. We felt very happy with the room, the bed was so comfortable. We also loved the bath robes, hospitality tray was well stocked & there was nice toiletries in bathroom. I also loved the little lavender bags in drawers! There was also a "things you might have forgot" box - so many personal touches. Breakfast was tasty - I have to mention the freshly baked individual loaves! Was so impressed with them. All in all this was a very relaxing stay, even though we only stayed for one night. We will certainly return & thoroughly recommend The Lodge to anyone. Thankyou for lovely stay!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

I think I should emphasise that this B&B is a whisker off a 5/5 rating and the only thing that denied it that was the breakfast quality and the overall cost. But overall, I would absolutely recommend this B&B to anyone staying in the Melton area (I was going to a wedding in a nearby village).

I guess as a generic comment, people have stayed in B&B's for 2 core reasons...a) the personal care & attention and b) the fact it's cheaper than a hotel. Notwithstanding the advent of soul-less but nonetheless practical and good value chain hotels like premier inn, the real challenge I have is when B&B's start charging upwards of £60/night, especially when they are not anywhere near London or the South East. As prices go up, I no longer wish to support local entrepreneurs!
Anyway, that is my mini rant over!
The bedroom and bathroom weren't big but they were immaculate, the bed was comfortable and the sheets were beautiful and so soft, as were the pillows, so we slept very well indeed. The view over misty fields in the morning in the middle of the countryside was also beautiful and such a refreshing change to city hotels!
Only slight downside was breakfast...I guess I had seen pics on the B&B's website which raved about the local produce used in their lavish breakfast which also looked lovely. What I was served was a small portion of perfectly acceptable food but nothing outstanding so I guess you shouldn't always believe the hype!
I need to highlight our host as well, who was immensely helpful, great service and a friendly welcome from start to finish. Thank you so much for a lovely stay even though it was just 1 night.
Highly recommended B&B.

• Stayed October 2012
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Lovely looking building on arrival with warm welcome. Bedroom we had was the one with the king sized bed although we peeped at the other one which was very nice too. A few little problems that would be frowned upon IF this was a four star rated b&b. Hospitality tray not complete - lack of tea and spoons, if offering shower gels - make sure there is some, dusty window in bathroom and dirty sink, drawers - certainly wouldn't put my undies in there - dusty, lack of pillows. Had a good nights sleep in lovely snuggerly bedding. Breakfast next morning was yummy and plenty of it. Little problems here - sugar server was dirty and the tea pots were too leaving a slime on the drinks.

Room Tip: Both rooms available same standard, Kingsize faces the road so traffic noise if you have window open...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Weymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

This is such a good place! Fantastic service, lovely rooms, with comfortable beds and good linen. The rooms were spotless and clean when we arrived, and the en-suite bathrooms were also in very good condition. This is a standard two-up, one-down accommodation, separate to the host's house, so was perfect really, as it can be awkward staying in someone's spare room! We booked for two nights, but unfortunately could only stay one night because my mum had a terrible migrane and we had to go home early, which was a shame. In the morning (at any time you would like) we were served breakfast in the downstairs room, which consisted of firstly cereals and fruit, and then a full English Breakfast was served! Very yummy:-)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

I stayed here for one night for a show at Scalford Hall.

Last year I stayed in the hall - which was terrible.

This place was amazing - I'm a regular business traveler and quite honestly this place was up there in terms of decor etc with some of the best five star hotels. (obviously no 24 hr room service etc but you get the idea.)

Businesses like this which make a real effort should be shouted about far and wide.

The room was great, clean tidy, in good repair, the bed was huge (i'm 6'5" so it makes a difference) Linen seemed like finest Egyptian Cotton.

Breakfast was great, the cafetiere of fresh coffee as I gazed out across farm land and watched a hot air balloon rise on the horizon made my day.

Did I mention the free wifi and 'Oh no I forgot...' box with toothbrushes, shaving stuff etc, It's the little things that make such a big difference.

I don't normally stay in B&B's but after this I will consider doing so again and def this one.

Room Tip: i'm sure any room will be good.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Andrew F
Ferndale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed here with my partner and two children for two nights. We arrived to a warm, friendly welcoming host (even though it was 11:30pm!). The rooms were modern, clean, with everything you need. Very comfy and luxurious beds.
Breakfast was amazing! Nothing was too much trouble, and even catered for the children.
I would recommend the Lodge to you all! The best Hotel / B&B I have ever stayed in. We will most definately be visiting again!

Room Tip: Both rooms are highly recommended! Stunning!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

What a fantastic host!! nothing was too much trouble a wonderful breakfast in such a lovely place .a great place to stay when in the area .The house and rooms are clean and the views stunning .A little gem !! I would recommend this beautiful friendly place for any visitor to the area .

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
#5 of 7 in Melton Mowbray
Stapleford Park
Stapleford Park
#1 of 1 in Stapleford

Been to The Lodge? Share your experiences!