“Excellent place for children”
Review of Twinlakes Park

Twinlakes Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Twinlakes Theme Park has endless adventures of family fun packed with variety, adventure and fun for every member of your family. Twinlakes is The East Midland's No.1 all action, family tourist attraction, providing great days out, hunge indoor play barns, outdoor adventures and a splashtastic Water Park!!
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is an amazing place for young children. My sons (5 and 4) both love going. There are also some amazing theme nights/days for older children and adults, Fright Nights and fireworks night. We have annual passes and go at least once a month and my children never tire of it!!

The only downside is the music played in the 2 indoor barns, it is annoying and loud although it didnt seem to bother the kids!! It does drive the adults mad!! I feel for the staff having to listen to it all day every day!!!

Overall a great day out which my children enjoy often!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,150)

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

We had friends from France staying who had a 10 year old daughter we have a teenager daughter and a 20 year old son so we wanted to go somewhere that suited everyone's needs and Twin Lakes was chosen due to its variety of attractions and its competitive price.
We went on 7th May so it was not school holidays and the place was empty which was a massive advantage for us as we got to go on every ride and attraction without any queing. In fact we were the only ones on the rides.
There were staff in each zone that were all extremely helpful and opened each ride that we requested with no waiting around. We wanted to go on the pedalos and a member of staff radioed another member of staff to meet us at the lake and he arrived before we did.
The indoor playareas were also very good as unlike many soft play areas adults are allowed in.
We took a picnic with us and sat in one of the play barns to eat it which I was also impressed with as many theme park type places only let you sit on tables if you buy their food. We did buy some drinks and asked for a medium milkshake but there were no medium sized cups so the guy serving let us have large sizes for medium prices.
In all we had a thoroughly enjoyable day and being a group of a wide range of ages felt there was something for everyone. The falconry was very well kept and the birds all looked healthy but there was no display as advertised which I think was due to lack of people in the park.
If I have one negative about the place it would be about the animal area. A lot of it looked old and tired and some of the enclosures particularly the reptile area looked too small and in the small animal area all the water bottles were green and I also found it irresponsible of Twin Lakes to have rabbit and guinea pigs for sale and using the animals to breed with each other for a profit is not great especially if they don't know what they are doing which was quite apparent to me particularly with the guinea pigs.
Animals apart the day was enjoyable and I would recommend it to anyone wanting a reasonably priced family day out.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have just returned from Twin Lakes and feel I owe them an apology for my apparently unreasonable high standards.

I expected some element of fun and enjoyment for the almost £60 I handed over. Here is what I got:

The day started with me deciding that the kids would quite like an ice cream. I promised them one and nipped to the nearby 'Cafe Nero'
to purchase the ice creams. I arrived in the cafe and started my 20 minute wait. Now, I do not mind waiting 20 mins for in a que or similar structure
but this was just me, alone in the cafe and wondering what was going on.

I eventually worked out that I had been foolish and mistaken the fact that all the lights were on to mean the place was open!
After seeing the empty till drawer hanging out, I worked out it was not.

I returned to my children and explained my mistake. Luckily, it did not matter as they had spotted an ice cream sign by a kiosk a short walk away!
We approached the kiosk and discovered that it was closed! 'Never Mind' I told the kids. 'They're is sure to be another one close by!'

They're was! and that was closed too! Then we passed a closed ice cream parlour and a closed Grill before I realized stupidity!

This was clearly the 'Closed Shop Trail' that we had been walking. The trail was not listed on the map! Lucky we found it!

Eventually, we headed back toward a large warehouse looking building(our eyes must have been poor as we could not see any sign posts to aid us in our navigation)
and entered into near darkness! We had found the soft play zone! Only this was no normal soft play zone! This was the Worlds first soft AND HARD playzone!

We took our shoes off and navigated the mazes of soft floors, hard stairs and routes blocked by drilled on boards of MDF!
We managed to avoid the 'Closed' slides whilst sympathising with how difficult it must be to keep a slide working. I mean, I could not begin
to understand the technical aspects involved with gravity and sliding. Complex stuff that.

We made our way out, took a few moments to clean the crumbs of ready salted crisps that we had amassed on our socks off and headed to Cafe Nero for a coffee,
sure that it would now be open!

We stood for 10 mins before spotting somebody in a Twinlakes uniform. Worried that I had committed my earlier mistake again, I asked if anyone was working the cafe as we would like
a coffee.

"The kitchen staff are probably manning the rides" she said... 'OF COURSE THEY ARE SHANE!' I thought, how stupid of me. I had forgotten all about the times
I had been doing kitchen work and had to pop out to operate the Nemesis in between cooking chips or blasted Space Mountain off just before serving coffee.

Luckily though, all was not lost! This lady informed us that she was a toilet attendant and could "probably" make our coffees if she washes her hands first and can read the buttons as she had forgot her glasses.
Its a good job we didnt want to order something from your menu such as chips, chips, chips, chips or chips or we would have been in trouble!
Then began an epic battle. One that would last minutes and be embarrassing for all involved. The battle between hard sighted toilet cleaner and basic coffee machine.
Luckily, this woman did try her best for us and won the battle. We appreciate her efforts and think that with some training, she could become a fine coffee warrior.

After this, we headed to the 'rides'. Now, this is where my high standards kick in. I had seen the website and expected some form of fun.
Unfortunately, what was presented was a poor collection of unloved, mistreated and barely working fairground knock offs.

The buffalo coaster however was a sight. It seemed to be operated by the Worlds most popular man! I say this as children, everywhere were standing by different rides and just staring at him.
It seemed to be in hope, like they were waiting for him... I then realised this man must be extremely amazing as he had sole responsibility for 5 rides!
Like some God of Childrens hopes, he decides who rides what and when! (Well, until he is on gardening rota in an hour anyway)

I discovered this theme across the whole park, much different to the "1 attendant to 1 ride" method in use at every other place ever.
I can see the money this saves has been spent on this years Halloween decorations have been put up 6 months early. I mean,they can not be from last year still?
No? the year before? Okay.

After getting bored with competing with groups of children for a go on something, we took the train to the other side of the park.
We chugged off down a line littered with the petals of thousands of dead flowers, dirty ponds and wasteland before approaching a truly unique sight...
The Zip lines with no zip lines. Simply 2 platforms, facing each other, no longer suitable for the zipping of a line.

We headed to the Ice rink next and was told it was up some stairs. We managed this bit but failed at the locked door we found at the top.
We were not sure whether it was closed or this attraction was another 'Sit and wait, sit and wait, sit and wait and then give up" attraction so we left.

We approached the excalibur adventure zone. On the way, we passed a the dungeon attraction... Spotting the change to have an experience on something that we would not have to wait
for ages to enjoy, we entered...

Now, I will admit that I am new to dungeons. never been one (dungeons and dragons all those years ago excluded) and expected them to be scary places. Not too scary in a kids park, but fun kinda scary.
I was wrong and am glad Twinlakes have shown me that dungeons are simply pitch black, MDF mazes with cheap rugs hanging from the roof every so often. I also did not know thatthey are full of people
complaining about being ripped off and poor quality attractions! Hopefully, it will be in a pub quiz sometime...

The kids entered the western Village but ungratefully, the souvenier splinters they left with were not so welcome. They have been spoken to about their attitude.
I do have to say, the way they have managed to recreate the wild west west, complete with Chav graffiti, coca cola cans and nailed down plastic bottles is fantastic and not to be missed!

The final act was a good game of "Chase the 20P piece across the floor after every grabber machine spits it out" in the arcade before concluding that this was terrible and deciding to leave.

The best part of the day was seeing the peacocks.
The worst part of the day was knowing that for what it had cost, I could have bought a peacock.

Congratulations Twinlakes on creating a 'Gold' image and charging a Gold price before delivering a lump of coal product.
Your marketing team should have a statue erected in the park in their honour, then you could charge people to see it? (Pay Per Vew only. No season ticket holders,
fun seekers or happiness allowed.

Regards

Shane

53  Thank scbnottz
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Budgie the Helicopter ride outside the water park shop swallowed our 50p. Staff were dismissive and refused to offer a refund to us. The best they could do was to point out the telephone number of the rides outside contractors on the side of the machine. Very poor and well below what we have come to expect from Twinlakes.

2  Thank Sydneys2011
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

This theme park is da best! Good for little ones but also for older ones but if you go I advise to take your swimming cozzie!