“You get what you pay for...”
Review of Twinlakes Park

Twinlakes Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Twinlakes Theme Park has endless adventures of family fun packed with variety, adventure and fun for every member of your family. Twinlakes is The East Midland's No.1 all action, family tourist attraction, providing great days out, hunge indoor play barns, outdoor adventures and a splashtastic Water Park!!
Leicester, United Kingdom
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“You get what you pay for...”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

It depends what your looking for, if your looking for a fantastic theme park with top of the range rides you will be disappointed, if your just looking for a fun day out with younger (under 10 children) there wont be a problem

We visited here at the weekend, it cost £41 for 2 adults and a 4 year old which I didn't think was bad. There is a small animal area with a different selection of animals you can feed also hands on activities such as holding them, also had signs up for pig racing..although we followed the signs couldn't actually see any pigs, or racing!? So not sure about that

The rides are outdated and could all do with a lick of paint, also the height restrictions don't make sense - we visited here for the first time when my son was 2 and he went on pretty much everything by his self, this time he couldn't even go on the tea cups without an adult - even though he is 2 years older and a lot taller!? I don't mind (in fact I quite enjoy) riding the rides with him, but if they expect adults to go on they should be more adult friendly...I am a the right weight for my height and struggled to fit in the seats, as did a lot of other parents! Putting that aside there are a good selection of rides, we especially enjoyed the buffalo coaster and the caterpillar coaster. Also had bumper boats, train ride, large park. obstacle course and zip wires.

The soft play is massive, some of it could do with improving, parts of it I found really dark and dull with no lights in there? My little boy was scared to go in them parts. Again, the height restrictions were stupid - we were told we weren't allowed to go on a slide as my son was too small. How can there even be height restrictions for a slide, what damage could sliding down a slide do? Anyway, the rest of the soft play was very enjoyable.

Overall, it was a great day out and my son thoroughly enjoyed himself. I would visit here again for the price I think it is well worth it.

1 Thank tasha1717

Leicester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Staff need more training in customer service!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Ok so it wasnt all members of staff just one!! I dont normally do reviews but felt i had to after todays experience, 4mums and 4toddlers-we had a great day until it came to the jousting ride, the bloke running it seemed to have not been working on the customer service expectations day.
One of the children in our party was deemed too small to ride said ride, however a month previous she was tall enough! (Confused,it gets worse), after pointing out another child on the ride was smaller then ours we were to,d "thats my child and he is exactly 90cm and has been for 3 weeks" bit odd but ok!! Then when we were walking off he said "i don't know why theyr complaining, they havent had to pay for the children to get in anyway" . I have put in a complaint at the reception and wil let you know how i get on! Every other member of staff was brilliant, except having to queue a lot as only 1 ranger per 5rides.

2 Thank 866victoriab
Barrow Upon Soar, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Brownies 100th birthday stayaway.”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I came with the 1st Barrow brownies on our 100th birthday celebration weekend and we all had an absolutely fantastic time.
I cant praise the staff enough who were friendly and extremely helpful from beginning to end even staying on after park closed to make our stay extra special.

2 Thank Anne_wilson229
Hathersage
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good fun for younger children”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We visited during May half term with three children: 11, 8 and 5. The park was relatively quiet and we didn't have to queue for any rides for any significant amount of time.
Having gone with low expectations, we had great fun. The children (especially the five year old) loved the rides and attractions. The park would certainly benefit from some investment but it seems to be very clean and looked after. Staff were cheerful and friendly. Recommended for up to 11 years of age depending on the child; although the two thirty-something's had just as much fun!

Visited May 2014
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Could do with a lick if paint”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Could do with a lick if paint and the fort slide..doesn't 'slide' as it is so worn out. Ranch area with shed houses was a bit dilapidated!!

Could do with more staff rangers in the unmanned areas as kids running riot in younger sectioned areas and parents not caring...watched a few accidents and falls that could be a lot worse!

Visited April 2014