“What a load of rubbish”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Twinlakes Park

Twinlakes Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Twinlakes Theme Park has endless adventures of family fun packed with variety, adventure and fun for every member of your family. Twinlakes is The East Midland's No.1 all action, family tourist attraction, providing great days out, hunge indoor play barns, outdoor adventures and a splashtastic Water Park!!
Northampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What a load of rubbish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Wow this place is first of all in need of a serious facelift. The park is dated and is no longer fit for purpose. Dirty is an understatement the bins were full and overflowing and the food was gross and overpriced. Secondly I have to ask why they charge full price for a kid over 90cm and then all the rides are over 1m. We had a 97cm child with us and he couldn't get on over half the rides and couldn't get on any of the ones he actually wanted to go on. I wouldn't of minded but we had to pay full price for him.....WHAT A JOKE. The staff were unhelpful children who looked as miserable as I felt the whole day. So on the whole a terrible day out for all 8 people that came and trust me when I say we will not be returning. If you would like a fun filled day out with rides and attractions that adults and children can enjoy together then go to Gullivers land Milton Keynes. We went last month and had a blast. Children over 90cm can get on all rides if accompanied by an adult and the log flumes, rollercoasters and all attractions are twice the size. I feel I have slated the place enough now and should say on a side note the indoor play area was very good at twinlakes but that alone is not enough to save it.

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“fun for kids”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

My kids enjoyed this park and the rides were suitable for their ages (4&6). There was a bit of queue jumping, so it took longer for my boys to get on the rides, the people running the rides didn't notice or seem to care. My only other problem is that there are no toilets by the splash park and only 3 changing cabins. Other than that it is a good full day out for the younger ones. If your child is below 100 cm they may not get on most rides.
Once you have paid the entrance, I think everything inside is free. Evrything we did was anyway.

1 Thank dwarfer-bob
England
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Worth a good 4 hours visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Visited here with my daughter, plenty of rides for the young and teens. The food is of course a little expensive but there are plenty of eating areas indoors and outdoors. The layout of teh park is good and it's easy to get around and find yourself on the map. The splash zone looked good but unfortnately it was a little too cold to take a dip. I couldn't see any changing rooms or anything around there so you have to dry and change around the splash zone.
Plenty of things to see and do for 4 hours. I saved a little money by paying online but I didn't measure my daughter before I went so I paid for a childs ticket which I should have paid for a cheaper toddlers ticket. My fault which was recognised at the gate but they couldn't offer me a refund or any money off vouchers which I thought was a bit miserable of them.
All in all a good day was had by both.

Hedon, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Good day out, but could do with a lick of paint.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I have just come back from spending the day here with my family (5 adults, 3 kiddies aged 6,5 and 2.5)
Let's get the negative out the way first, we came to the park after reading the website and being led to believe (from the description written on the website) that children under 90cms could be accompanied by an adult on most things. My youngest at 2.5 is unfortunately short and measured in at 88cms so just under the 90cm thresh hold. We was very disappointed to learn when we got their that despite what the or how the website was worded - that wasn't the case. She wasn't aloud of most of the rides as she was too short even accompanied by an adult. As we chose to come to this park thinking it would have loads for her to do too, we was a bit disappointed. There was still some things for her to do obviously but a lot less then we was led to believe.
Now that's out the way... My eldest daughter and nephew really enjoyed it. They was sad to come home when we left. I also liked that adults could go on the rides with the kids even if they didn't need adult supervision.
The toilets were clean and considering how busy it was it must have been having very regular cleaning.
We took our own picnic so I can't comment on food and drink.
My eldest daughter really enjoyed the slides once she got used to the ice cold water. It would be perfect on the very hot summers days.
Overall we had a really good day, the park could use a bit of paint but kids don't notice that kind of thing. I think we will most probably try come again next year when my youngest should hopefully reach the minimum height requirements for all the rides.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Absolutely Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We visited for the 1st time today and had a great day out. We were a mixed family from 60 years down to 2 years and there was plenty for everyone to do. The weather was nice enough to use the fab out door splash park which kept the little ones entertained for quite some time. Plenty of rides both indoors and out with no queues at all which is great during the school holidays. The park itself is a little shabby but when you pay less than half of the main theme parks it is great value for money. We didn't have time to do the animals so we will definitely be returning in the near future.

2 Thank Loveadayout