“Nice little find!”
Review of Caffe Italia

Caffe Italia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Melton+Mowbray+Caffe+Italia+address&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=Caffe+Italia+address&hnear=0x48777d88848615db:0x30e3dc75f1aeda9a,Melton+Mowbray,+Leicestershire&cid=14964499883599197257&ei=9A3BTozmJ42x8QOP54SrBA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=placepage-link&resnum=3&ved=0CEgQ4gkwAg
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Popped in for coffee after stumbling upon this lovely little cafe/bistro on a day trip to Melton and couldn't recommend enough!
Excellent service with a smile, coffee was lovely (as were the food smells emanating from the kitchen).
Sadly we didn't have time for food but will definitely be back after viewing some of the dishes that were served!
The place was busy which in turn created a nice atmosphere.
Seek it out if you haven't already - I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

2  Thank Mark S
AliSpaghettiLegs, Owner at Caffe Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. Glad you found us and enjoyed your visit. See you again soon :)

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Since moving to a village in the Vale twelve years ago, we have gradually become regulars in Melton Mowbray, almost every Saturday, mostly driven by music lessons each Saturday morning.

We chanced upon Cafe Italia early during our wanderings in Melton and it is now a regular haunt for a light lunch or breakfast, also on odd days during the week. We always (apart from odd times when the regular team aren't there), receive the same friendly welcome, a good standard of food and excellent value. Their breakfasts, in true Italian fashion, are excellent and and the pasta dishes and paninis are very good. I do empathise with the reviewer you said the room is sometimes cold, it can be on a cold wet day, but this is only on an odd occasion.

Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I was last in Cafe Italia over a year ago where friendly staff served me delicious food + tea (I was quite a regular then). Back to the present: It was market day in Melton (always very busy) and I decided to try it for lunch for a change and to see what improvemnts had been made post refurbishment. It's still a nice place but I have to say the food was average (and the tea served was luke warm). Uncanny that there were only five customers present at lunchtime, two of which were staff on their lunch break. Just hope that it was a not a typical day. Oh, and having your WiFi code advertised is always a draw - although I'm at lunch I'm still at work.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We went here just before Christmas as we always do, nice atmosphere, nice service, nice food but COLD PLATES! Please, please, please heat the plates up, we love it here & want to keep coming back! :)

AliSpaghettiLegs, Owner at Caffe Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Hi Steve, Thank you so much for your great review. Apologies for late reply (only just worked out how to do it!). Will definitely make sure plates are heated every time from now on. It must have been overlooked as I hate that too, hot food on cold plates. Very best wishes, Alison

Reviewed 7 November 2013

First visit ever at lunch today and will definitely be going again. My friend and I had a scrumptious lunch, bowl of olives, goats cheese and spinach frittata, salad and toasted Italian bread. All beautifully fresh and presented and served with a smile. Can't wait to try other things on the menu.