“What a Gem!”

Sysonby Knoll Hotel (Best Western)
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Melton Mowbray
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
“What a Gem!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was over in Melton last week whilst bringing my son across each day for a week of work experience. I discovered Sysonby Knoll on the Wednesday and was gutted I hadn't found it earlier - and that it wasn't closer to home - or I would be a regular!

The view from the garden was lovely, wifi great, staff SO friendly and helpful, food well priced and delicious. I could go on!

By the way - I couldn't help but look at the 3 'terrible' reviews - I don't know where they went but it couldn't have been here - they look a bit made up to me!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
leamington spa
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Tripadvisor does Jenny and Gavin a great disservice by placing them second.Ragdale is not a hotel,you cannot even check room availability,which is why we ended up here.
Soooooo glad we did,as from the moment we booked,and got a confirmation e mail,and phone call.Knew we were onto a winner.
A beautiful period property which has been sympathetically modernised,and extended.With delightful grounds,and stunning views.
The service throughout was first class,friendly,but professional.Every little detail had been thought of.Also benefitted from a great three course meal in the evening,at a great price.A bonus which they point out to you.
It was clear that several of the guests had stayed before,can see why,so will we.
So Tripadvisor make it number one HOTEL in Melton..

Room Tip: The four poster rooms in the main house are quiet with delightful views,and bags of space
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank macmaggie
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I and a group of long standing friends have been coming to Sysonby Knoll every July for the past 7 years and we can't imagine a more friendly and welcoming hotel.
We don't know where they find their staff, but every single one of them is superb, nothing is too much trouble for them.
The highlight has to be the food - breakfast is delicious, be it full English or whatever else you fancy. For dinner there is a great choice of dishes and everyone's a winner, and the same goes for the beer and the wine.
The view from the hotel is terrific and the location is perfect for exploring the local countryside, which is beautiful with plenty of quiet roads, unspoi'lt villages and traditional pubs.
We have already booked for next year and know that we will not be disappointed.
Go ahead, spoil yourself.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear have a better view and are quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My best friend and I have been coming to Sysonby Knoll every year for the last 10 years or so as a week-end 'chill' away from our respective families and busy lives. It has never disappointed! The evening menu is varied and delicious, the wine list superb and the service first class. They do a hearty full English breakfast but will tailor to your needs if you want something lighter. The room we book is spacious and airy and opens on to a lovely quiet patio. Special thanks to Vicky who waited on our table and also to the lady who ensured our room was spotless on both days. Also to Zoe for entertaining us! We will certainly be back next year and highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be spoilt for a couple of days. Keep up the good work Jenny and Gavin!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came here for our 1st wedding anniversary,and it was beautiful!
I had champagne and flowers waiting for me.The room was lovely and very relaxing.
Breakfast was delicious cooked fresh and plenty of choice.I would definitely stay here again for a special occasion.

Can fully recommend!

• Stayed June 2014
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have stayed at Sysonby Knoll several times before and yet again we were not disappointed with the accommodation, food and the personal service given by all who work at the hotel.
We shall return - again.

Excellent

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

It was a last minuet booking due to work and they were so accommodating. I'm young and assumed they would think I would be trouble but they treated me like any other guest. Breakfast was amazing and I felt so comfortable in the hotel. I would highly recommend it

• Stayed June 2014
#1 of 1 in North Kilworth
Rothley Court
Rothley Court
#1 of 1 in Rothley

Been to Sysonby Knoll Hotel (Best Western)? Share your experiences!