“Cancellation Policy”
Review of Quorn Lodge Hotel

Quorn Lodge Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Melton Mowbray
Reviewed 15 May 2014

After booking with Quorn Lodge Hotel, I requested to cancel the room which was granted even though I booked a "no cancellation room policy". The owner Harrry was vey helpful and called me personally let me know that the room was cancelled at no penalty charge. Very happy

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 May 2014

My wife and I booked at the beginning of February for a two night stay in August and paid £178. We did not have a cancellation policy but my wife now has a hip operation booked for the end of July and will not be able to travel. Today, 3rd May, we tried to arrange for the recovery of some of our payment but the manager was completely inflexible. I pointed out that he has ample opportunity to re-let the room and that we were prepared to pay him a cancellation fee but he refused. We have told him that, in view of his attitude, he must now keep the room available for us and he cannot re-let it.
Not good customer relations!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beverley T
hpsmann, Owner at Quorn Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Beverley Thouless booked a exec double room on 2 feb 14 at our special DISCOUNTED price under NON REFUNDABLE TARRIFF. Accordingly she was charged .
In May 14. she rang me to say that she will not be able to come due to medical reasons . I explained to her that firstly the booking was non refundable but I will still help her . I explained to her that as the sale had gone to the accountant in end mar and we that have already paid the vat on that booking , I will do the needful but closer to their date of arrival as I will be able to sell that room . I told her my name and that I am the owner and would keep her booking separate and will thus refund the money closer to the date of her arrival and accordingly asked her to remind me then . she was quite happy about this arrangement which I was anyway doing it as a goodwill measure . I was then rang up by her husband who was very rude and wanted me to know why will I not refund the money now at that minute . so I explained to him that firstly he had booked under NON REFUNDABLE POLICY and that I was still trying to help him but he would not listen and put the phone down.

I am sure that they must have booked many holidays and would know the rules specially if they want discounted rates and book under the category of NON REFUNDABLE .I was still trying to be very helpful in refunding them the money but the gentleman was rude ,arrogant and over demanding

infect we have refunded money in similar cases , which we are not obliged to do but we do as a measure of good will. please see the reviews of MR RICJARD TITCH HALL

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had booked a three night break in an Executive Deluxe double room through Booking.Com.
When we arrived we were told that due to an error, our room had been allocated to someone else!
The woman behind the desk tried to persuade us to accept an alternative that was little bigger than a cupboard.
Her attitude was deplorable, non apologetic and quite rude,
We decided to cut our losses and returned home..........thanks Quorn!

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 646johns646
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I booked two rooms at this Hotel and it more than lived up to my expectations, everyone was very friendly, the rooms were spotless and the food delicious.

I would like to thank the lady who took the trouble to contact me to say that my daughter had left her phone in the room, it was very kind of her. ( thanks me duck) I originate from Leicester.
I hope we shall visit again in the near future., and can thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: Luxury in room 24 at the back so very quiet. I would have liked a stool in the bathroom as there wa...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
hpsmann, Owner at Quorn Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

thank you very much for your very positive and encouraging review.we all at quorn lodge enjoyed having you with us. our major crux is customer care and i am glad that you have appreciated our hospitality. we will look forward to having you again and will upgrade your rooms as well as give you 25% off from all your food and drinks bill. thanks once again.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband and myself met up with friends for Saturday night stay. We were attending a wedding at Stapleford Park Hotel. We were given a very warm welcome. Rooms and linen very clean. Bar area very comfortable and nothing too much trouble. Breakfast was excellent, with a good choice. If we were in the area we would definitely return. On departure we were given a 25% voucher off food and drink on our next stay. Would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. Thank you once again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane D
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I had seen a few negative reviews of this hotel so was unsure what to expect. I need not have worried. The hotel is lovely.
From the moment I arrived and was greeted with a warm welcome I have been pleasantly surprised. The room, bathroom and linen are all clean and the hotel has all the facilities you would expect. I have not eaten here yet or used the gym facilities so cannot comment on them, but I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here for my partners birthday, wonderful greeting, very friendly, warm and helpful. Clean, and reasonably priced. Breakfast has so much choice, nice and fresh. Fab!!! Thank you. You made us feel special.

• Stayed: February 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melton Mowbray
Sysonby Knoll Hotel (Best Western)
Scalford Hall Hotel
Rothley Court
Rothley Court
#1 of 1 in Rothley
Champneys Springs Health Resort

Been to Quorn Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!